• show-popup

Shares 0

Petland lied by claiming my dog was registered and she is not

Company Petland
Product / Service Puppy
Location Reston, Virginia
Category Pet Stores
Views 25

We purchased a puppy from Petland in Racine in February.We signed a purchase contract, also signed by the store manager, stating our puppy was registered.

After 12 weeks of waiting for her papers, we started calling and asking where they were. After calling three times, we were told "OOPS, our mistake, your dog can't be registered because she is a *** a poo." They are also claiming that registration does not affect the price of the dog.

I think if they pay the breeder more for a registered dog, they propably would charge more.I think they are liars and do not recommend anyone buy from them. 2d44778

Comments (6) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 23, 2010
And btw, any shelter dog is better then a dog purchased from a puppy mill, willingly or not.
Reply to Nick

Sep 23, 2010
Lady you are a fool. Most shelter sites will strictly inform you whether the dog is child friendly. Don't just pop off your rock and get designer breeds because you think they're cute. Petland is a disgusting place that supports a cruelty system unlike anything else I've ever seen. A co-worker has a dog rescued from a puppy mill adn the dog is scarred for life. I'm glad you support this kind of system regardless if you are saving these mutts or not.
Reply to Nick

Jul 13, 2010  from Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand
Well, thanks for all the comments, I seem to be the only one who does not get any support for unknowingly purchasing a puppy mill dog. Fact is, she still is here, still needs a home, and is the best dog I have ever had. Oh, and by the way, I had a shelter dog first, it bit my toddler and I had to take him back. I felt horrible about it. I will never get another shelter dog as long as I live!!! Also, if there are thousands of shelter dogs being euthanized as we speak that are the same breed as mine, then why didn't I find any when I looked her breeed up on the internet? We looked for dogs her breed in shelters first and were unable to find any. Just wanted to clarify before anyone else decided to get all high and mighty and pretend that their shelter dog is better. Shelter dogs are no better thatn my dog, sorry.
Reply to Austinsmom08

Jun 30, 2010
Those "designer dogs" are nothing more than mixed mutts no matter what anyone calls them or how much anyone pays for them. There are thousands and thousands of these small mutts in shelters being euthanized as I write this email. Everyone is drowning in them. Until Hunte Corp. in Goodman, MO (look them up on the internet) stops selling puppymill puppies Petland is going to continue to sell these puppies. Please go to www.prisonersofgreed.com or www.hsus.org under puppymills and read about what you just bought.
Reply to doggiemom

Jun 03, 2010
If you are going to spend the money to purchase a pet, that is a mutt (mixed breed),from a pet store, then I don't really feel for you. You could have saved yourself a considerable sum of money and saved a life in the bargain by going down to the local animal shelter where you would have had your choice of mutts. I even got my registered (I got the papers) bulldogge from the pound.
Reply to Should buy dogs and cats from

Jun 03, 2010  from Holmestrand, Vestfold
That was not a lie that was a simple mistake. A lie is purposely decieving someone, this is just a simple misunderstanding.
Reply to Irish

Read next Petland complaint

Rabbit dies from Petland's Negligence

am writing this post in the hopes that no other family will have to go through what ours recently ha...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Petland.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug