• show-popup

Category Shopping
Views 1359
Monetary Loss

Update added by user Jun 28, 2013
Update.....I finally after 4 months, received an email from a compliance officer at Origami Owl asking me to send my original email cancelling as an independent designer. Just so you know, I had originally sent 7 emails requesting to cancel, sent a hard copy by mail and also left several messages on voicemail. They have the nerve to ask me to send yet another email ???? In a separate email, the same compliance officer states...'you are cancelled' and proceeds to send me all of the "new" policy & procedures telling me what I can't do since resigning....this just keeps getting better and better...for ANYONE considering selling for this company...think TWICE....the customer support does NOT exist !! This is a horribly run start up company with a 17 year old Founder...HELLO ??????????? :grin

Original review posted by user May 24, 2013

DO NOT JOIN ORIGAMI OWL AS AN INDEPENDENT DESIGNER.THIS IS A LOW CLASS, POORLY RUN COMPANY THAT DOES NOT OFFER THE SUPPORT AS PROMISED.

THEY DELIVER A POOR PRODUCT AND ENCOURAGE STAY AT HOME MOMS TO JOIN THIS PYRAMID SCAM. I RESIGNED AFTER ONLY A MONTH OF BUGGING ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO BUY THIS STUFF. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE "NEST" FOR 90 DAYS NOW AFTER NUMEROUS EMAILS, CALLS, AND LETTERS.

I AM CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR 45 MINUTES.....FOR THE 6TH TIME.....THEY CONTINUE TO CHARGE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT $9.95 EACH MONTH......DO NOT JOIN AND DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS....THEY ARE FULL OF LIES, LIES, LIES !!!!THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO PURCHASE ALL THE INVENTORY AND PARTY DECORATIONS AND YOU WILL NOT RECOUP YOUR MONEY...THEY PREY ON YOUNG STAY AT HOME MOMS...CALLING THEM MAMA...IT IS RIDICULOUS..... 2e15654

Comments (82) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 82 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 12
anonymous you must think we are all as *** as you for not figuring out that you signed up with a crooked company. They are being investigated now for fraud.

Feb 20  from Everett, Washington
Yeah, right. Silly *** person from Origami Owl posting as a legitimate person. Complete A&& :x alert!!!!
Reply to kcalray

Dec 17, 2013
you are just a disgruntled former designer. Origami Owl is a fantastic company and has excellent customer service.
Reply to Hooten Granny

Jan 12
Seriously HOoten Granny? This is laughable! excellent customer service? Anyone reading this post... I challenge you to call Origami Owl customer service. Report back on here how long you were on hold. It is maddening that OO has it's own designers stalking the one place we can post that isn't censored by OO like they do on facebook. The also had to shut down their own company website were designers could chat because everyone was complaining. OO is a scam and it is currently being investigated by Consumer Affairs in Arizona. We reported them and finally got heard thanks to this site. Keep posting your fraudulent claims here OO spies...because we see right through you...

Jan 20
amen sista! I'm glad they are getting checked out!

Feb 17
so glad they are being investigated!! I'm a former Designer my poor customers have been screwed out of lots of money and product has fallen apart or tarnished! I have had issuers with items that needed to be returned and had my debit card charged for items i NEVER purchased with the nest telling me " sorry we can't help you" really??

Feb 27  from Peachtree City, Georgia
I am not a spy or a plant by the company. I have been a designer since March of 2013 and while I have had times where Designer Care took WAY too long to answer my phone call, things are WAY BETTER now. I called two days ago and waited maybe 5 minutes for a Designer Care operator. She helped me with my problem and I went on about my day. I have had a few items that I needed to return for a customer, but I have always gotten excellent service and even was reimbursed for my shipping. Nothing but the highest praise for Origami Owl. I have worked with Avon, Amway, Home Interiors and Gifts and Tupperware in the past and as direct marketing groups go, Origami Owl is WONDERFUL!! Very happy with my decision. You are welcome to look me up...I'm a real person with an excellent experience with O2. Just wanted to offer another view point....
Reply to jillianshiflett.veritas

Dec 07, 2013
I am reading these complaints and I just don't understand. I have been with Origami Owl since Oct 1st and I have had NOTHING but good to say about this company. I have had excellent customer service and I have NEVER been charged $9.95/month....or any monthly fee for that matter. I have had some items that were "out of stock" when I tried to order, but they soon came back and I was able to order them. I am sorry for those people who have had a bad experience but I must say...I have done several different "direct sales" ventures and this is the first and only one that I have actually made a substancial amount of money in such a short amount of time. I LOVE ORIGAMI OWL!!!
Reply to Designer

Jan 12
Do you think we are *** "Designer"? Don't you think that page after page after page of complaints is enough to sway anyone away from your company? You can throw in one or two false positive comments but it just makes your company look more petty.

Feb 17
I can't help but wonder if these people that are saying what a wonderful company OO is are the people working at the nest! give me a break do you really think if this company was so wonderful that so many people former designers and customers would come forward with so many complaints?? I would not be surprised if this company disappears and *** with everyone's money and you are stuck refunding your poor clients because you were scammed! :( :(
Reply to formerdesinger

Nov 20, 2013
I am an origami owl designer and I am never charged 9.95 plus I have great success with the amount of effort I put into it. It is all about what you out in it to get anything it if it.
Reply to banana

Nov 06, 2013
This is to Anonymous (oct 30, Florida),
I am sorry but this company is ***. They do not take care of their customer's or designers. period. i have been with the company for 2 months, and it's been the biggest headache of my life. The start up kit is one thing, but it does not include any of the materials or items needed to host a jewelry bar, all of that is to be purchased by the designer. They just launched the new system November 1st which was supposed to have "enhancements." Well my customers orders have been lost, credit has been refused, wrong or missing items shipped, wait time over an hour on the phone. the refuse to let you speak to a supervisor when you call, stating that someone will call you back. And I can't even place orders for my own customers, how in the heck are they supposed to order? The new system is worse than obama care. I have been let down by my mentor, and the her mentor, and the company. They basically read from a script when talking to designers on the phone, and you get NOWHERE. All I want to do is get through the holiday season so my friends can get the lockets they want. Then I will sell my inventory, and cut my loses. this company is a SCAM.

Oct 30, 2013  from Chandler, Arizona
Wool in a sheep's clothing.. I LOVE how YOU Designer's try to act as if these complaints are false and made up!! Sorry the BBB just investigate the 177 complaints mad eon the site and guess what... They were all true, so get off your high horse and get real. Stop complaining that some other company out there is making these up and realize that my complaint along with the others are true!! And yes they did also charge my credit card per month $9.95, even after I quit! I have proof in my statements!! They don't charge for a standard very basic site anymore (they used to) but do charge for an upgraded site.
Reply to Fed UP with not very smar peop

Oct 30, 2013  from Orlando, Florida
The above comments do not make any sense. You pay the initial cost of the start up kit, period. There is no monthly fee. Beware readers of wolfs in sheep's clothing from other similar companies trying to scare people away from a good opportunity. I have been with Origami Owl for 3 months now and am nothing but excited and happy. I am a registered nurse and am selling Origami Owl part time. I have people so excited to have a party they beg me to do their show. I am nothing but pleased! O2 is a great company! They sent me an incorrect locket once and to make up for it they sent an additional large locket with crystals to make up for it! Sorry if you had a bad experience with customer service. Because they are awesome now!!!
Reply to anonymous

Jan 12
They are awesome now? Seriously? Then why were they out of their valentine stock 2 hours after they opened it up to designers who had to purchase the advertising flyers months earlier and now have to cancel all their parties because they can't honor their own product. Is this unusual? No...the same thing happened at Christmas and Mothers Day. This company is a scam. They are taking your money and people now realize they can get this product for about 1/2 the cost on line.

Oct 21, 2013
What was it that they said you can't do since resigning?
I feel for you

Dec 17, 2013
they cannot sell as a designer any longer, but these poor misguided people ruin it for those of us that love Origami Owl and its purpose and vision. They sell on Ebay, a big NONO. And they know this. :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
Reply to hooten granny

Jan 12
Hooten Granny your just plain dumb. Sorry. But you really are. OO is a hot mess and they are currently being investigated by the State of Arizona. They will be shut down for sure.

Sep 15, 2013
I am a designer, but haven't used it in months. BUT they've never taken money out of my account apart from the first initial payment of my package. I think you signed up for the package that you can get on your mobile device. I bet you could just cancel that part. I never signed up for that - and neither has a lot of designers I know.

I don't have the time for it, but let my friends buy it at my discount. In the beginning, a lot of my friends bought it and I made my money back, but now, I figure I'll just let it run out and they can cancel me due to inactivity. The company grew too fast for their britches in the beginning, but it's evened out. The product is cute, but like all MLM's, not 100% - remember this is costume jewelry. ,)
Reply to O2

Sep 15, 2013
Oh and I sold all my inventory to another designer :)
Reply to O2

Read next Origami Owl complaint

Terrible customer service

I ordered a locket and charms for Mother's Day in April directly from the website.The website was ad...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Origami Owl.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug