• show-popup

Product / Service Prepaid Visa Card
Location Santa Barbara, California
Category Credit Cards
Views 1184

I purchased a OneVanilla Prepaid Visa Card for my daughter for her to use while traveling out of state. Upon purchasing the card, I kept the packaging and inserts in case it was lost or stolen. My daughter returned from her trip minus the card. No worries I thought. I called OneVanilla to report the card as missing and get a replacement. They asked if I had the original receipt - which I did not. I was able to give the date, location, card used to purchase the OneVanilla Visa card, and the amount I had loaded onto the card. They confirmed I had all of the correct information but they could not issue a refund/new card as I did not have the original receipt. I went to the store where I had purchased the card, but unfortunately, their system does not keep detailed receipts past seven days.

After numerous calls to OneVanilla, it has become very clear to me this is their business practice. They don't want to have to issue a refund of the balance of the card. They don't want to have customer service to help you. There is no way a "thief" of the card would have the detailed information I have. The fact they can locate the card, verify I have all the information correct, but remain unwilling to issue a new card or refund the balance is just their business practice to keep funds that are not theirs.

I have since just opened my daughter a checking account with a debit card. And, in the future, would go back American Express Traveler's checks. Their business practice and reputation is impeccable.

Please be aware - do not use OneVanilla. 3022792

Comments (20) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 29, 2013
the card is only good for simple activities ; or you will be ***
Reply to bratso

Dec 28, 2013
My sone purchased a reloadable vanilla card to put on his play station and the system said that the card ids not valled went online to check the card it said it was activated and some of the money was gone called the card and all we were told was sorry.
Reply to bobby

Nov 13, 2013
DO NOT use OneVanilla as a means for your finances. They use poor treatment of us the consumer. Not a good experience at all! Do yourself a favor and find another card option.
Reply to Peyton

Nov 13, 2013
I too am disenchanted with the OneVanilla card. A card that is "pre-paid" for. I today had an unfortunate disagreement with OneVanilla personnel. I ordered online a Christmas gift from Pottery Barn. They "tagged" the amount of purchase to cover the total purchase. The next day the merchandise was shipped and I was again charged the same amount. My card shows two debit identical charges. I am told by the folks at OneVanilla that the first money that was "tagged" will be returned to me in a 7 or 8 day timeline. How is it that a card that is pre-paid for hold back my money for a 7/8 day period. Unacceptable! I will not purchase another card with rules such as above I am not interested in their services. Think twice before purchasing the OneVanilla card. You too may be disatisfied with their means of treating their customers. Boo!
Reply to Saint

Oct 02, 2013  from Tampa, Florida
that's what you get for not saving the rec.
it says to save rec.on vanilla instructions iside the package.
maybe people should read instructions and not just save them without a rec. :cry :cry :cry
Reply to bushogger

Sep 15, 2013
They have to have that policy or they would get eaten alive by fraud. How hard is it to save your receipt? You did it to yourself so stop whining.

Sep 14, 2013
Lol, your daughter is honestly just a dumb ***. If she didn't place it in a secure place, it deserves to be lost.

Jan 12, 2013  from Jackson, Mississippi
I also purchased 2 of these cards and I cannot log on to their website to check record of purchases or balance. I know for a fact I have money left on one of them but it keeps getting declined. I googled one vanilla and every site I tried to log on to gives an error message. I think the bastards have taken the money and run. I know others are having this problem. I think there needs to be an investigation by the authourities. Maybe even a class action law suit.
Reply to npwwotdf

Nov 08, 2013
You can call 877-770-6408 (the number on the back of the card) to check the balance and transactions after hearing the balance for one card you can enter option 6 to enter the next card number...hope this helps

Dec 28, 2012
Dumb *** ***. It's your own fault that you didn't kept the receipt. Maybe your daughter used the card for otherstuff like ddIldos or thongs or something. My point is that it's your own fault, most companies need proof that you bought it, are you goin tvto talk smack about them too?
Reply to TheWatchmen

Dec 26, 2012
I bought the OneVanilla card for online transactions. It worked for a while, but recently, my transactions have been declined for some unknown reason. Now when I try to go the website to check my balance, I get and internal error message.
Reply to Nick

Dec 22, 2012  from Boston, Massachusetts
I purchased a prepaid visa from them after losing my debit card and needing something temporary that would enable me to Christmas shop online since it would be ten days until my new card came from the bank. Purchased online merchandise from several online clothing, home stores, etc with no issues. However, one merchant could not process without further address verification. When I contacted Vanilla to question the issue they told me it was on the merchants end and they could not do anything. With time sensitivity and realizing that my order would now not be released by merchant on time for delivery - I cancelled the order....Vanilla told me that they will hold the funds for 7 SEVEN days event though the merchant was not processing the payment. I am out not only my childrens gifts but also $380 is being held by Vanilla for the 7 days....The woman said "i understand you are dissapointed and I said no I AM ANGRY not dissapointed and will take actions to ensure you do not get away with this much longer....I will post anywhere and everywhere until they go under....
Reply to LIN

Aug 08, 2013  from Plano, Texas
AMEN!!!! Keeping MY money for 7 days is ***, I hope they go under as well and I will enjoy every minute of it!!!

Jul 30, 2012
You need a receipt not the fault of One vanilla you lost it so quit *** !!!
Reply to ratdaddy

Dec 24, 2012  from Washington, Indiana
How much did Vanilla pay you to say that?
Reply to Antiratdaddy

Dec 26, 2012  from Marine City, Michigan
No onevanilla sucks. U shouldn't lose all he money on the card when you lose the card. Thats risky as *** if you losethe card

Jan 29, 2013  from Jacksonville, Florida
Kick.rocks.my.vanilla one vanilla is.full of.*** people money is not going.in there card.when they purvhadr them they have.to wait.up.to 2.,weeks for there.own money.and 3_6 weeks for.a refund
Reply to angry bird

Oct 04, 2011
I go to their website and all i see are ads nothing that helps me check my balance.And when i call number on card ,i waste a lot time waiting to be connected to representative.
Reply to ulyses arango

Jan 29, 2013  from Jacksonville, Florida
I purchase a.***.one.vanilla card and my.card.didnt get.activated.at the.store.the call center.rep.told me that my card.was in fraud wstch ,i.guess.when yo card say.kno value.they.think you stole it BULL *** I had my reveipt.and.then they kept telling me to called back in.24 afther.like 3 days.hjgf calling back them dumb dumb.kunts ,said I need to email or fax them my.receipt and card when they.couldve said that.at first,afther weeks of getting my fuckinvard activated I used.it it out to it and.couldnt pay for my.food.with my own money cuz of 20% toloerance.*** out of here any way.come.to.find out.the ediots.call.center is in jax.fl
Reply to angry bird

Read next OneVanilla complaint

Online Purchase Don't Work

You can't register a Name to the card, they only register a Zip Code.You cannot use this card on...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about OneVanilla.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug