• show-popup

Shares 0

One Source Talent Agency Fraud!!!!!

• by   Nov 17, 2009
  • 451 comments
  • Review #: 162182
Company One Source Talent
Location Los Angeles, California
Category Employment Agencies
Views 5863

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD..HAD MY 1ST INTERVIEW YESTERDAY, IN WHICH I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD A GREAT LOOK AND PERSONALITY..THE REPRESENTATIVES THEN MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT ME NEEDING TO PAY THEM $496.00 FOR PICTURES THEY PROVIDE.THIS SENT UP A RED FLAG, BECAUSE I'VE BEEN ACTING FOR 20 YEARS, AND NOT ONCE HAVE I BEEN ASKED TO PAY FOR SOMETHING.

NO AGENCY OR REPRESENTATIVE SHOULD ASK FOR MONEY UPFRONT.

THEY GET COMPENSATED WHEN YOU (THE TALENT) BOOKS JOBS.IT'S NEVER THE OTHER WAY AROUND..THIS COMPANY PREYS ON PEOPLE'S HOPES & DREAMS..PLEASE BEWARE!!! 2ec965e

Comments (451) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 451 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jun 17, 2013  from Merced, California
I have my interview for OST tomorrow near San Francisco, in Emeryville, and for what I've seen in some reviews and comments from people, I think that it will be scam since I haven't seen any OST company in San Francisco. I will go and if they ask me for money at the first time I will say NO, but if they do not ask me for any money, I will accept until they ask me for money, that's when I will stop. Unless I have already worked for them. If anyone has a real good company, can you please email it to me? just like the one Ariana was saying. My email is luis.cisneros1295@gmail.com
:grin
Reply to Luis

Apr 17, 2013  from Fraser, Michigan
From me experience from oct, they are fine! I get called regularly for pictures, music videos etc. u must not be submiting. They have soooo many people they can only do so little. You should log on the webpage and submit your info at peole your intrested in! I been called atleast 4 times a month.
Reply to Prenny

Mar 07, 2013  from Reynolds, Georgia
I went and did an interview in ATL they dismissed me then I got a call a week later and they wanted me to do improv with someone else so I did and after that they asked for 495$ so I paid em they said they sent my vids out and pictures and a month later they called me again and I'm gonna be guest starting in a local sitcom soon to air (April 4th or so) and its gonna pay 800 per episode I appear in 8)
Reply to Ghost

Feb 25, 2013
go eat an golden egg! OST is a good portin in the yolk!
Reply to eggsyummmmy

Feb 22, 2013  from Clute, Texas
Well i got a call today, for modelin in houston. I was so happy, now im sorta not.
Reply to Anonymous

Feb 07, 2013  from Palm Springs, California
:sigh got the call today i was all happy and excided at first untile i found out it was fake now i'm all pissed :eek :( like WTF!!!
Reply to FOFO

Jan 25, 2013
One Source Talent is a service for the fashion and acting communities. One Source Talent maintains an interactive database of models, actors and clients looking to fulfill creative requests and needs. The goal of One Source Talent is to create cost-effective, working relationships between talent and clients via its interactive network.
Created in 2003, One Source Talent has quickly found success in an extremely competitive industry previously dominated by a select few. OST operates in major markets nationwide including Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Washington D.C., Detroit (Corporate) and, of course, Los Angeles and New York.
With its unique business structure, advanced technology and a dedicated staff, One Source Talent is quickly changing how the modeling and acting worlds conduct business.
Talent with OST enjoy...
Real-time access and submissions to nation-wide castings and auditions, an interactive composite card for all digital and traditional submissions, a personal email account, industry workshops, 'Meet & Greets', a commission free environment and a benefit program utilizing select businesses in each market.
Clients of OST enjoy...
A searchable database of talent with detailed characteristics, a commission free service, a detailed talent evaluation process to ensure they are getting dedicated professionals and a corporate staff with years of industry knowledge and contacts.
We are fortunate enough
Reply to Ding5527

Jan 25, 2013  from Pooler, Georgia
:( Guessing you must work for OST are else family member of someone who does :x
Reply to bgall

Jan 28, 2013
agreed. they prolly work there and research all these websites that ppl tell the truth about and make them sound bad
Reply to OST workers are liars

Feb 05, 2013
yea i bet they are sitting at home doing this to get paid. heartless ppl they would do anything to make them some money
Reply to agreed

Apr 08, 2013
The problem with the response from OST is that it says it's commission free, without actually saying how they make their money. Or saying whether there is an upfront fee to the client, and if so, justifying the upfront fee. Any response?
Reply to LisafromPortland

Jan 17, 2013  from Detroit, Michigan

I was about to apply for a job as as "Talent Specialist" with OST. I have the background for what they seem to be looking for, I was pretty excited about a fresh start in my career. Then I read these reviews...SO disappointed! I know from my own experience in the industry-the agencies asking for money up front are NOT where you want to be..RESEARCH your options..this shouldn't be one of them :(
Reply to SO disappointed!

Jan 17, 2013
We are fortunate enough
Reply to Gabs

Dec 07, 2012  from Montgomery, Alabama
I bought into all that *** they told me too...so i paid them about 600. Soon after I found out they were being EXTREMELY shady with how they handle their business, I called them and told them I wanted a FULL refund. Guess what? I GOT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!
Reply to Gabs

Dec 04, 2012

Reply to Tea

Nov 26, 2012  from Savannah, Georgia
the jipped tf out of me
Reply to fgggfgfgn

Oct 21, 2012  from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
ONE SOURCE TALENT - ONE TOTAL SCAM!!!!
I am a actor. I answered an ad for a casting call on Craigslist for an upcoming big movie being filmed here. One Source Talent called me to come in to there Hallendale Beach office. They put me into a room w a lot of people and they have Devil Wears Prada playing on a video. After keeping me waiting for a long time. A girl comes in to give us these cheesy sales pitch. They try to charge you $500 for a comp card that looks like something you could print for 15 cents. They are NOT a talent agency. It seemed like a timeshare sales meeting. They use high pressure sales pitch to think you need them. NO REPUTABLE AGENCY would ever charge you for this. If they want you, comp cards are provided. THIS IS A SCAM!!!! There was never any casting for a movie. It was all just a sales pitch to try to sell you something. They just wasted my time. I felt bad for all the poor suckers they had sitting in the room ready to fall for this. The attorney general should shut these people down for misleading business practices. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!
Reply to MIAMI-ACTOR

Oct 18, 2012  from Chicago, Illinois
THIS IS A SCAM!!!! They almost had me, but I got all my money back. They are going to ***!!!!!!
Reply to Ding5527

Oct 13, 2012
me and my sister went and they gave us auditions just like that so there not scammers now iam signing up again with them in chicago office :) :)
Reply to alize

Jan 25, 2013  from Pooler, Georgia
:sigh Sorry but you will see the next time they will ask for money!!!!
Reply to bgall

Read next One Source Talent complaint

About to be scammed, I think?

I have just read several personal encounters where people have been duped by One Source Talent.I hav...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about One Source Talent.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug