• show-popup

Company Olive Garden
Location Portland, Oregon
Category Food
Views 52

My elderly father decided this Christmas he would host a dinner for all the children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren and that would be our gift.It was such a lovely thought and we were all looking forward to it the week prior to Christmas.

He decided we would all go to Olive Garden because he loved that restaurant about 10 years ago and thought it would be great. We were kinda skeptical, but didn't want to hurt his feelings by vetoing his idea. We all met at the restaurant at Clackamas Town Center in Portland, Oregon -- and the service was lousy. The two women taking care of our table of 12 really didn't want to be there.

When my step-mom, who is nearly 90 and a little hard of hearing, was slow in placing her order the waitress "Rachel" stood behind her and rolled her eyes. I should have complained at that point but, again, didn't want to hurt my folks' feelings. My dad is one of the nicest gentlemen EVER and to have a couple of snotty waitresses treat them like that was deplorable.

Of course, the 18% tip is automatically added on at the Olive Garden so they don't need to be friendly, fast, courteous or even polite.Never going there again -- 2e50159

Comments (10) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jun 14, 2011
:sigh poor baby......you want your happy ch...back!NO MAMES
Reply to nomames

Oct 15, 2010
DO NOT JUST TAKE THIS ABUSE: You are an absolute *** and I would punch you in the face if I knew who you were.
Reply to ServerForYou

Oct 06, 2010  from Chicora, Pennsylvania
I will make xmas better for ya. I want you to savor the flavor and taste my p_e_n_i_s.
Reply to taste

Sep 07, 2010
Olive Garden ruined Christmas????? get over yourself, and get a life. So a server rolling her eyes ruined the whole Christmas for you
Reply to Alex

Jun 10, 2010
i like how you go to the olive garden on christmas and expect your server to want to be there...

and i HIGHLY doubt the waitress rolled her eyes. that is probably a fragment of your imagination.

good thing the gratuity is included or stuck up, cheap customers like yourself wouldn't tip anyway.

do the servers of the world a favor and stay out of EVERY restuarant.
Reply to azley

Apr 05, 2010  from Holmestrand, Vestfold
Your elderly father cannot be that great if he raised you to be the way you are.
Reply to Irish

Jan 21, 2010
I actually use to work for red lobster and its owned by the same company as olive garden anyway i believe that for any table over 6 or 8 they add the tip however for any reason the customer doesnt have to pay that just let the waitress or management know and this gos for any place ... sorry you had a bad exp
Reply to nicole

Jan 20, 2010
how can they add a tip? refuse to pay that. i do not believe that is legal. boycott any place that adds a tip. that means they do not care if you get good service. don't be fools, go to places who do not rob you.
Reply to anna

Jan 20, 2010
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERABLE SALESPERSONS NAME. DEMAND THEIR CARD. GO TO ANOTHER STAFF PERSON TO GET THE NAME OF THE OFFENDER IF YOU MUST. TAKE NOTE OF WHAT OTHER STAFF HAVE WITNESSED WHAT HE HAS SAID/DONE. Go straight to management and beyond. DO NOT STOP. DO NOT BE BRUSHED OFF. TELL THEM EXACTLY HOW ANGRY YOU ARE. Go RIGHT TO THE TOP AND HAVE THE JERKS JOB. THEY DESERVE TO BE FIRED OR THEY WILL KEEP ABUSING PEOPLE AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT AFTER.

I AM A FRIENDLY, POLITE, KIND CUSTOMER BUT AFTER TOO MUCH NONSENSE AND ABUSE I LEARNED TO TAKE ACTION AND STAND UP FOR MYSELF WHEN I AM ABUSED. I do this whenever I am mistreated by salespeople or customer service staff anywhere and I get results. I HAVE HAD PEOPLE FIRED. THE MANAGERS WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE REPEAT OFFENDERS WITH MANY COMPLAINTS IN SOME CASES BUT I WILL BE RELENTLESS AND DEMAND THEY ARE FIRED IF THE ABUSE IS SERIOUS SUCH AS TELLING LIES ABOUT WARRENTIES, BEING NASTY OR MAKING SEXUAL REMARKS. BE A PITT BULL. BE RELENTLESS. REPORT THEM TO ANY CONSUMER CENTER AND ALL OVER THE NET. If you did nothing wrong and are treated like dirt, go for the jugular and have the *** fired. Make sure you let everyone you deal with know you will report the TRUTH to family, friends, co-workers and the internet. If it's a SERIOUS ISSUE like you have been cheated financially, TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO THE MEDIA AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT. It is the only way to get rid of scummy salesmen who lie,
... Show more
Reply to DO NOT JUST TAKE THIS ABUSE.

Jan 15, 2010
You know, I had the worst restaurant meal of my life at Olive Garden, and it was over 10 years ago, but I never got over it. This was on Middlebelt in Livonia Michigan. The spaghetti was so bad that it all stuck together in one mass, and I was able to lift it up by one corner. I kept asking for water but never got it. I'm still angry at myself for paying for the meal.
Reply to Linda

Read next Olive Garden complaint

Olive Garden Whitehall PA

I was recently at the olive garden in white hall PA.While eating the soup and salad lunch special wi...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Olive Garden.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug