• show-popup

Shares 0

NORTH SHORE AGENCY - SCAM - Collection letter for magazine I never heard about or care about.

Company North Shore Agency
Product / Service Outdoor Magazine
Location Portland, Texas
Category Collection Agencies
Views 169
Monetary Loss

My daughter received a collection notice for a Magazine, from North Shore Agency.She did not solicit or request the magazine.

NSA sent HER a collection notice for $24.00. I have contacted the magazine - yet to hear back, so I filed a complaint with the AG's office and BBB. Want some good reading, search the BBB for this agency and take a gander. Go figure.

I didn't order the mag, my wife didn't order the mag and my daughter didn't order the mag, wonder if the collection agency did?, maybe they should send themselves a collection notice?!?!

Also makes you wonder just who is in on the scam?Maybe the AG's office can determine that. 30b4771

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 20, 2012
A North Shore Agency collection letter was received by an elderly friend who has not subscribed to nor received a Harper's magazine. It is getting to the point where no one should ever respond to door to door,e-mail,or U.S. mail subscription offers. Perhaps then these sleez bags will find another method for fleecing the unsuspecting.
Reply to JS

Mar 18, 2012
I am experiencing exactly the same scenario. This is clearly a scam. But what's even more interesting, is that before I was contacted by North Shore Agency, I also received very unpleasant letters from "Harper's subscription department" hectoring me for not meeting my obligations, and is that how I was raised, etc? Completely ludicrous - could not possibly have been sent by Harper's, which is a decent magazine last time I checked.
Reply to FG in NYC

Mar 05, 2011
I received a notice from North Shore about a year and a half ago. I have a friend who is a collection agent and told me they do not have a good reputation in the collection community. I received notice because I took a free sample magazine from Harpers. After reading the sample issue I decided I didn't like it and didn't want to get a subscription. Because I didn't subscribe Harpers gave my name to North Shore saying I owed them money for the subscription and North Shore began sending me letters. I sent a note to Harpers to tell them I didn't subscribe to the magazine, I only took the free sample they offered. I heard nothing from Harpers and kept getting notices from North Shore. I couldn't reach anyone at North Shore by phone, so I called the publisher of Harpers and complained. They took care of it for me by contacting North Shore. Harpers did the right thing but I was surprised that such a well established and prestigious magazine would be so sleazy.
Reply to IJ

Read next North Shore Agency complaint

North Shore Agency FedEx scam

I received a fake FedEx bill with out an account number, looked real enough but I also received a co...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about North Shore Agency.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug