• show-popup

Shares 0

Beware:Newsmax magazine is a scam!

• by   Feb 09, 2012
  • 15 comments
  • Review #: 295655
Company Newsmax
Product / Service Newsmax Magazine
Location Guatemala, Guatemala
Category Media
Views 695

I canceled my subscription numerous times by clicking on the "cancel subscription" button since August. 2011.

In September they charged me $54 on my credit card. Wrote them a letter complaing, insisting on my cancellation, and asking for a refund. Nothing happened.

Wrote again in October warning them I would complain to BBB, the Commercial Attache of the US Embassy in Guatemala, and to my lawyers. I told them they were a disgrace to the conservative movement and to US business at home and abroad. They fell silent and no longer sent me any more material.

Yesterday I received a charge on my credit card for $39.95 made on Dec 20, 2011. Visa insists that I pay. Sent Visa copies of my correspondence with these crooks and now Visa insists I have to pay them unless I show them a written cancellation from Newsmax I don't have and never will.

How do I get my money back from these unethical individuals? How do I stop them from continuing to charge my credit card, other than cancelling it?

The numerous complaints Newsmax receives suggests that it isn't a question of inefficiency, but of ethics. Stay away from Newsmax and all of the businesses associated with them!

Carlos Widmann 2eb462d

Comments (15) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 27, 2013  from Atlanta, Georgia
Yep, these reviews are made by a bunch of whining liberals.
Reply to Frank

Oct 24, 2013
I have had no problems with Newsmax. I received the book I had ordered and was able to cancel without any problems a subscription to their Ultimate Wealth Report. I used their toll free number. The credit was posted within a couple of days. Could it be that all of you complaining about Newsmax don't like the company's conservative stand on political issues?

Let's be fair and objectiv
Reply to B.S. Brooks

Aug 26, 2013  from Pompano Beach, Florida
Newsmax does indeed appear to be a crooked, thieving organization. It's easy for them to bill your debit card; it's the difficulty you encounter when you try to stop it. Newsmax will say they have credited you, but you will receive no credit, and they will blame your bank for failing to forward their refund. They should be strung up. Money is time, and time is life. Newsmax is therefore stealing your life. If there were justice, which there is usually not, Newsmax would be able to be stopped. But you get caught in the lair of Mr. Injustice - the psychotic Injustice in America where stealing money and failing to pay is let off the hook.
Reply to Gene

Aug 01, 2013  from Kansas City, Kansas
this is a scam it happend 2 me my credit card company took care of it for me thank god
Reply to pissed off these people suck

Nov 09, 2012
They did the same to me. They charge my credit card on Sept 28, $49, Oct 23, $99, Oct 27, $99 for a ordering a book from their website which only cost $7.49. I am furious and agree at the republican and Newt Gingirich. We need to unite and fight these ***.
Reply to Taiwo Daboiku

Oct 29, 2012
Dear "CS1422"

You should be ashamed to work for an outfit that: a/ apparently practices financial fraud on a routine basis, and 2/ also fraudulently passes itself off as a legitimate, objective newsource...
Reply to LeRoy

Oct 16, 2012
The magazine, the newletters, the radio offer -- all scams. I'm furious that folks such as ewt Gingrich and *** Morris (well, he's a scumbag anyway) endorse NewsMax and therefore legitimize it. Stay away!!!
Reply to Eleanor Gaetano

Oct 05, 2012
Same story. Bought a book couple years ago, got newsletters that I requested be stopped. One day $59 charge shows up. I called them, said it would be refunded "right away". Also called CC company same day to inform them. CC said Newsmax had 15 days to refund before they would take action. at 15 days I filed with BBB. Immediately got email from Newsmax. Said they could not refund if in dispute, which is false, and they had 15 days to do so. I am pursuing further with BBB and making sure CC knows to go all out with the dispute. Unethical company
Reply to Also got robbed by Newsmax - U

Jul 17, 2012
order a new credit card, say it is lost , and you will get a new credit card number
Reply to Paul

Feb 21, 2012
I Just got this renewal letter and have never heard of this company! I am calling tommorow and hoping they havent taken any money, or how did they have my info???? This is scary.
Reply to Lisa

Feb 13, 2012
As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously.

In addition to the disclosures made at the time of the offer, Newsmax Media makes additional disclosures:

1. With the delivery of the discounted product, we send a large written notice reminding purchasers they accepted the premium product with their agreement to allow for automatic check or credit deduction at the end of the subscription term if they did not cancel.

2. 45 days prior to the automatic deduction, Newsmax Media’s subscription Fulfillment Company, a nationally recognized firm, sends a notice by mail to all subscribers, reminding them their subscription is up for renewal. The customer has the option to cancel.

3. On the credit card statement used for the automatic deduction, the company includes an 800 number for consumers to call if they wish to dispute the deduction. The company policy is to give a full and prompt refund to customers who dispute the deduction.

In all cases, the company policy is that the customer can cancel at any time for a full refund. If you would, please call (800) 485-4350 [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so.... Show more
Reply to CS1422

Jan 17, 2013  from Meriden, Connecticut
CS1422 ... you'r a f*cking sc*mbag loser shill
Reply to Dusty

Aug 26, 2013  from Pompano Beach, Florida
See#2above.
Send the cancellation. They just may do what they did to me: disregard it.
Reply to Kelogg

Read next Newsmax complaint

Got me into paying for someything I don't want

How did I get into this Newsmax stuff?I don't want it...I don't remember ordering it, or any...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Newsmax.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug