• show-popup

Shares 0

Night Skin by New Vitality- wear to bed, got on my pillow and burned my eye areas

• by   Jul 12, 2009
  • 73 comments
  • Review #: 150973
Company New Vitality
Location Stockton, California
Category Cosmetics and Toiletries
Views 597

I purchased a product called Night Skin by the company New Vitality.It does state on the product to avoid applying to eye areas.

I did that. You are supposed to wear it to bed as there is something about the night and sleeping that helps it work better. Even though I avoided putting it near my eyes, wearing it to bed, caused some of it to get onto my pillow. Then of course, my eyes were on my pillow and those areas got badly burned because of the glycolic acid in the product.

This company did not even put a warning label regarding the glycolic acid. This product should be pulled off the market.

They say you notice more youthful skin within a week.Lie- I noticed nothing after two weeks. 2d446c4

Comments (73) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 73 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 10, 2013  from Cleveland, Ohio
Not putting up their ingredients in writing is the most shameful thing i've ever seen. What real results? Get a free sample from a company that does NOT hold on to your credit card number and does NOT auto bill you for a next shipment. Try Deep Beneath the Skin Facial Serum by Pumped with Peptides. They simply send you a trail size sample and they never bother you again. Until, of course I went back to them for an order. Anyways, FREE with no strings is good!
www.pumpedwithpeptides.com

> GUJJAR ROAD MUKTSAR 152026 PUNJAB INDIA 09855222799 08054374470
Reply to ngo punjab

Aug 25, 2012
I paid 6.99 sh/hdl!!
I called three times. They hung up three times, but before the third time I spoke to supposedly an assistant(male)instructed him to cancel any future shp's!!!!!!!! Guess what, I received night skin, $61.64 charged to my card without permission!!!!!!! It was a 45 min call!!! I spoke to my lawyer. He instructed me what I could do. I am not paying shp&ins to return an order I did not order!!!!! If they want it returned, they will send a shp' label or it will not be returned!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :zzz :(
Reply to Billie Watts

Aug 20, 2012
Many of the products offered by NBew Vitality are formulated by Roger W. Mason. Thi sguy is touted by New Vitality as a "renowned research chemist." The truthis that Mason has never been a chemist except to make illegal drugs whcih he has distrubuted though a network of unsuspecting high school an djunion scholl children. He has two fronts for his money ,maundering. They are New Vitality and Young again Products. Read about Mason at www.ethichsabuse.com where his whole sordid, horific criminal histroy is set forth in actual documents culled from the Washington Post, Baltimore Sun and federal court papers. Fall into this guys trap and you may bever get out. He is looking for new victims. Do not become one of them.
Reply to Roger Mason-- Convicted Drug P

Nov 13, 2011
I highly recommend the product itself, as well as the Day Skin. I have had excellent results with both. Several friends have commented on how good my complexion looks, and I can def see a diff. To those folks complaining about burns, you have to apply the product sparingly, and let it dry completely before going to bed, at least 15 minutes. This way it will not transfer to the pillow and get in the eye area.

I strongly caution against calling New Vitality to place orders. I do all my ordering online and it works out just fine. When you have to call them for anything, it is sell, sell, sell. Even if you have to call their customer service dept for a problem resolution, they are very pushy about trying to sell you something. Also, if you buy online, there are sometimes deals for $99 for 3 bottles of Night Skin, which is a very good price.
Reply to Denise

Sep 20, 2011
I copy of part of April on September 4, 2011

"I order a trial night cream for $5.95. Apparently recorded conversation is pointless. I made sure the salesman assured me I wouldn't be obligated to order any more. Not only did they take it upon theirselves to order me something in never ordered, but they also made an account to chage me monthly, without my permission.

It happened to me too. I am still asking Discovercard to get money back for me. Nicole Williams who works for New Vitality told the credit card company that I signed up for that prefer shipment program. It was not true. This is one of the worst things that I have had to deal with.
Reply to Melbourne, FL

Sep 13, 2011
I tried calling several times over the past month. The first few times the voicemail box (??!) was FULL (WTF?!?) or they were closed (not convenient for Pac Time). Just tried calling again and I think they got the picture - it's all automated, but only if you ONLY ordered NightSkin, then it's pretty easy to cancel. However, they do say your cancellation confirmation number is your previous order number (how does this make sense?!) and they give no warning they're about to give it to you and don't repeat it...there was no way for me to get it down...So I called back to re-cancel and it did indeed say it was canceled but didn't say the the "confirmation" number again or have any option to repeat it. I really like the product but will NEVER use NewVitality again. Thankfully my credit card was lost and I've moved since my last order...so hopefully they can never charge me anything anyway or send me any ***.
Reply to Jen

Sep 11, 2011
One of the worst companies out there. Total scam. Horrible business practices and horrible place to work. Management are all idiots, particularly in the CS department..
Reply to worst

Sep 04, 2011
I ordered night skin because i had melasma on several areas of my face. The product worked great even thought I didn't use it every night as I was supposed to. I ordered a 3 month supply of the product at a time and soon realized that I would not use it quickly enough for my next shipment. I called to cancel my next shipment and did not have much trouble at all. The rep did try to offer me a delayed shipment and some other options, but in the end, my account was cancelled and he was very nice. I will continue to use this product and when I run out I plan to order some more. I love the way that my face feels in the morning after I use it and it is much cheaper than the Rx cream that my doc tried to give me. I hope that this was helpful.
Reply to April

Aug 30, 2011
I order a trial night cream for $5.95. Apparently recorded conversation is pointless. I made sure the salesman assured me I wouldn't be obligated to order any more. Not only did they take it upon theirselves to order me something in never ordered, but they also made an account to chage me monthly, without my permission. Im sure they've made millions but I tell you, carma is a *** and its a matter of time somebody out there sues this company. I hope ALL their employees end up *** homeless!
Reply to Don’t fuck with my $!

Jun 09, 2011
I have rosacea and thought I'd try Night Skin. Since using it I have had fewer outbreaks and have been very happy with my results. I ordered mine over the internet and have been very happy with the customer service and the product. If people would read instructions they would have fewer problems and fewer complaints. :)
Reply to Ann

May 20, 2011
@ Eman

I work Nac marketing. I take free, risk free calls all day. The company helps pay the bills, but it's a job not, a career. No time and half on holidays. Did it help feed your kids when they cut you commission? They cut almost all department commission. I can't speak for management being apart of the cut. I did ask a manager and long time rep ( not a lot of them around) about get extra cash to say past 40 hours. I wanted to be put on that list. Then it click . Eman I want you to ask your manager and get back to me on here. If you was a sales rep before Jonathan flicker ( you can goolge him, I did. I work here and never meet him) moved into the company did sales reps receive overtime for working over 40 hours?You never received OVERTIME pay. What they would do is ask you to "volunteer" you time, keep you on the clock and give you an extra $25-50 plus your hourly. I did run this by a lawyer at my college . She did say that would be grounds for a major lawsuit. It's not my paycheck that is short but maybe someone can call a friend to get your lost wages back for you ,your kids and some reps. Good luck Eman!

Please answer my two questions

1. Did reps (not current reps) before Mr flicker not receive over time for working over 40 hours in a work week?

2. What is the company doing to pay back the unearned wages to it's current and ex employees like you?

Legal Disclaimer: IANAL, TINLA
Reply to Free Trail Rep

May 15, 2011
haha What a bunch of BS. Lunch is mandatory to be taken all at the same time at 1 o clock. You have to ask for permission to do the slightest thing like even use the bathroom. When you do ask to do these things you are told "make it quick". The place is run like a slave drive and its just getting worse. Management is terrible. This company will not last much longer. And by the way no-one hands out cash if you stay a little longer thats just a blatant lie. The customer doesn't even come first anymore as a rep will get in trouble if he/she is on the phone with you too long. "Most of our customers aren't very smart" is what we are told when its being explained "not to take NO for an answer". What kind of company doesn't let you decide what to do with your own customer? And the Nightskin I would stay away from. The company is not even trying to prevent people from canceling it anymore because practically everyone says it has burned their face, some severely. This company is extremely, extremely, extremely deceiving...stay far away.
Reply to concerned111

May 06, 2011
@grandma thanks for sticking up for us though e over a year i love helping people find stuff that we have that helps them. dont give up on us.
Reply to Eman

May 06, 2011
@grandma
Well new vitality takes good care of us, you get health insurance after 3 months. Vacation days and the company never wanted anyone working over 40 hours or requested or made people work more than 40 hours a week, and if you volunteered to help they would just give you money, i stayed for 3 hours extra on a busy night and got fifty bucks!. so dont feel the company treats us unfairly. We have overtime and even breaks we can take whenever its not busy. did she happen to mention the sales reps can win huge bonus's? New Vitality pays my mortgage feeds my kid and keeps alot of local people employed. i stand by the company and there products,

@sun safe?

Its the retinyl, dont use it during the day or it will be less effective, and the only reason we recommend dayskin as a sunblock is because it has ingredients that support collegen production and help fade age spots and hyperpigmentation. Not only that Brown spots are sun damage. period. if your going to use dr perrys cream to repair your damaged skin, use a sunblock to keep it from getting damaged any further,

love eman.
Reply to Eman

May 04, 2011
I was a customer of new vitality/ NAC marketing llc for years. I always read up on them, but on my last call a sales rep told me something that turned me in ex-customer forever.

I called the call center around 7pm. " thank you for calling new vitality .... I put in my order after the rep pitched me everything under the sun. At the end of the call I said told the rep " I hope you are getting overtime in for all your hard work." She said " when we did work overtime we got just base and commission. 10 or 60 hours a week, no overtime pay. they just started paying overtime a few weeks ago. It's now a crime if you get 41 hours a week here, and my commission was cut in half"

As a consumer I was hurt. I don't ever want to order from New vitality again! Their employees are hard workers and I believe they should be paid as such.
Reply to grandma

Apr 12, 2011
Do yourself a favor and don't get involved with this company. Shady tactics are the name of the game. If you don't believe me see for yourself, then try to cancel. Even if you like your product try to cancel, they are trained to prevent you from canceling. You'll be offered a discount and a delay on your shipment. The whole idea is that you will forget the next shipment and the company will suck some more money out of your account. You can then call back and complain and ask to return a product. You'll be informed of the process which is written to seem like a huge hassle and then conveniently offered a small amount of your money back to just keep the crappy product. The whole idea is to keep at least some of your money. Half of the people in charge there are idiots who have no idea on how to treat people fairly. Some of the things said about the customer base are incredibly mean and demeaning. Your credit card will also sit in a data base for years and years so thats comforting to know as well. Don't fall for these replies either, they're just trying to hook you back in. How do I know all this? I fell for this at one point because I had a family member that used to work there. After they smartened up and quit they told us everything we need to know. You don't have to take my word for it, simply order from them and you'll see everything I'm saying is true. Even if you like some of the products they have it is not worth subjecting yourself to the methods this... Show more
Reply to RUN

Mar 05, 2011
I have learned to stay away from any offer to send product with just shipping cost. To often once they have your credit card number, the product gets sent when you don't want it. Better to buy out right then with the so called free shipping - let us get your card number - offers. Buyer be ware.
Reply to Mary

Feb 27, 2011
What is the recommended age to use night skin?
I'm 24, male and was wondering if i should start using it or should I wait?
Reply to QUESTION

Feb 24, 2011
I looked up the ingredients and saw that one says if you use it you need to use sun screen/block. A friend said that doesn't apply since you use it at night. But I often hear that when you use certain products your skin will be damaged by sun exposure. I believe it will occur even if you use the product at night. Would love New Vitality to answer this! Thank you.
Reply to sun safe?

Read next New Vitality complaint

NEW VITALITY---RIP OFF----DON'T BUY

I saw a TV ad about New Vitality...I called and talked to a Rep.about the OFFER...Get a New Vitality...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about New Vitality.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug