• show-popup

Shares 0

Musicians Friend - Musician's Friend stole $500 from me.

Company Musicians Friend
Product / Service Fender Classic Telecaster
Location Freeport, Illinois
Category Online Shopping
Views 277
Monetary Loss

I bought a $500 gift card from a person that was not going to use it and wanted cash. I got a little bit of a deal. I called MF with the person selling the gift card right next to me and explained what I was doing. MF rep said "No Problem".
Ordered guitar , received guitar , guitar was defective.
Called MF and once again explained that I purchased partially with gift card that originally was not mine and partial cash. MF rep said "No Problem". When we receive the guitar we will credit the partial cash to your account , when you see that in your account call us back and we will credit the gift card amount to your account , " NO PROBLEM"
When I saw the cash amount refunded I called and was told the money went back to the original owner of the card , nothing they could do. They told me it was my fault for purchasing the gift card.
I refuse to be the victim here, I was up front every time when talking with MF reps and was told "No Problem"
Also . reading their return policy , it states " If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase of a new item, simply return it in its original condition within 45 days of purchase (see exceptions below) and we'll give you a full refund"
It says nothing in the exceptions about gift cards.
Joe DiModica 2e14505

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 30, 2012
Hi Dimodica,

My name is Chris, I work for Musicians Friend. I am sorry to see the trouble you had with the gift certificate refund, please email me your details so I can look into this for you, I don't want to leave you hanging. Email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com as soon as possible, thanks!

Chris M.
Musician's Friend Customer Care
Reply to Chris M.

Read next Musicians Friend complaint

musicians friend rigged my review of a product

i purchased a presonus / studio one recording kit in july 2012, there was a delay in my getting it...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Musicians Friend.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug