• show-popup

Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Category Online Shopping
Views 247
Monetary Loss

The one issue I saw was that even it's affiliate companies like Seventh Avenue, always ask for 25% of your order, before they will ship anything.Midnight Velvet did this to me and when i tried to order from Seventh Avenue, they also requested money up front.

And I also wonder if they are reporting to the credit bureau, to built up your credit.

I don't feel that they are.THey say that they do, but i really wonder if they are actually reporting good payments or if this is just a way of getting our money anyway. 2efb705

Comments (9) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 22, 2013  from Midlothian, Virginia
I paid my FingerHut off properly and yes it was reported. I've recently ordered from Midnight Velvet and Swiss Colony because of products I liked. I keep very good records and follow-up with CreditKarma to insure proper reporting - I'll let you know how it goes.
Reply to LadyInMidlo

Sep 18, 2013  from Olympia, Washington
:grin I've never had a problem with MV or :grin Seventh Avenue. FINGERHUT on the other hand, is terrible :( . :( Terrible. Customer service is terrible, the payments, the surchages, the late charges, the interest. :cry
Reply to glow

Aug 22, 2013
Recently I won some serious bucks and tonight decided to order from MV catalogue that my daughter has been receiving unsolicited. Why she gets MV catalogue is a mystery because the merchandise caters to misses not younger girls. Anyway, today I decided to order 3 suits I saw in their most recent catalogue. I told my daughter. She said nothing for a few minutes so I thought she was ignoring as young people are prone to do. I measured myself and got my credit card ready. Just as I was about to call customer service, my daughter put her laptop in front of me with and on the screen was this website replete with all the consumer complaints. I spent some time reading the comments and have concluded that MV and its affiliate sisters are not companies I wish to do business with. I will go to DSW and the mall and spend some of my winnings there. Missed a bullet there. Whew. Thank goodness for websites like this.
Reply to Yawa

May 24, 2013
Ive been using 7th ave& their sister ginny's and
never had any problems receiving orders in
a timely manner what so ever

After close to a year of on time payments
they upped my credit available from 400
to 675..IM very satisfied
:grin 8) :p :zzz
Reply to happy camper

Oct 17, 2012
I ordered from this company, and they are full of lies! My check cleared through my bank 3 weeks ago, and I haven't received my merchandise. I called customer service and they kept transferring me from department to department. My bank even verified that I had funds in my account, and Midnight Velvet still gave me the runaround. I ended up cancelling my order, and I'm still waiting on them to send my refund check. I won't be doing business with them ever again!! buyer beware!
Reply to Pissed Customer

Oct 04, 2012
Midnight Velvet is a crock of sh*t. They had sent me a catalog saying that my credit line is $400.00. I decided to order a sweater coat to establish credit. I ordered the sweater last week, went to check on my order status they haven't yet to ship it. That tells me that they're not going to and by that i feel like they were bull sh*ting me and do not want to deal with them PERIOD.
Reply to Cheryl

Jun 20, 2012
So what you are saying is that you only report the negative. That is a shame. It seems if you wish to get timely payments that reporting to the credit bureau would certainly create incentive. I have never had issues with Midnight Velvet or Seventh Avenue, however, I was under the impression that you did report to the credit bureau. It seems a bit deceitful. I am not happy about this and I am considering paying you off and discontinuing my business with you. The whole purpose was to try to build good credit and now for two years I have wasted my time, but if I fell behind on my payments I am sure I would promptly be sent to collections and then you would most certainly start to report to the credit agencies. Shame on you!!!
Reply to Kristi

Dec 18, 2011
:) I've order from 3 or 4 companies and they never asked me for money up front. I have never had any problems with any company!!!!! I am very satisfied with the service :p :p
Reply to Irene

Oct 28, 2011  from Eltham North, Victoria
Hello & Thank you for taking the time to comment. Midnight Velvet does not require a down payment for all orders. Requests for down payment are based on an evaluation of the customer’s creditworthiness at the time an order is placed. At this time Midnight Velvet does not furnish consumer information regarding its open, current accounts. Midnight Velvet does furnish information regarding accounts that have been placed for collection. If you have questions about your account, please email us at socialmv@midnightvelvet.com. Have a fabulous day!
Midnight Velvet
Reply to Midnight Velvet

Read next Midnight Velvet complaint

Liars and thieves!!!

Absolutely the worst customer service ever!!!They will go as far as to lie to you to get rid of you...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Midnight Velvet.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug