• show-popup

Shares 0

Michaels - Worst Experience!

• by   Jan 09, 2013
  • 7 comments
  • Review #: 373946
Company Michaels
Product / Service Ex Employee
Category Ex Employees
Views 532

Around Sep 2012 I was hired at Michaels as a Seasonal Associate, note it was my first job so I was way to excited to work.1st At the start I never got trained properly I just shadowed other employees as they checked out.

With unanswered questions and not knowing how to proceed from a situation I would ask my Manager for help but I was given the worst attitude as if I was ignorant the managers are rude and quiet frankly should not be working in retail if that's the kind of attitude they give to their customers. 2nd They were hiring more employees which resulted in me only working a maximum of 7.5 hrs a week to 3 hrs yet they say they cut hours because we didn't make sales.. Right. 3rd in Dec 2012 I finished working my 3hr week and was going to pick up my check on a Friday (usually get sent on a Thursday) I was curious as to what my schedule was going to be for the next week so I go in bright and early to see if the schedules were out becaus my online account was for some reason not working.

Come to find out I'm in the office with my boss and as he is getting my check I ask why my account isn't working? He responds and I quote "Oh that's odd (2 seconds later) here sign this, thanks for your work.. Bye" No notice no anything.

I feel I was wrongfully terminated and working at this Michaels location was the worst thing I have ever done, going into employment I understood that I was only temporary but the hiring manager said employment there would be permanent if they "like" me.Interesting..... 2d9a621

Comments (7) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 08  from Highland Park, Texas
That is how they operate, in Texas too. Very rude and management hires and fires like changing a baby's diaper. They have no structure and hire you at low wages, give you no hours and expect you to sacrifice for them and they provide no hop for advancement or opportunity for it. Very hostile environment.

Feb 05
um..you were HIRED in as SEASONAL. You are told in writing and verbally. IT IS TEMP and will be released after "season" is over. wow... :roll
Reply to employee

Apr 08  from Highland Park, Texas
Read what she said instead of you assuming you know. You must work for Michael A/C as a person who comments on reviews to make your image look good. Well the internet is filled with complaints from employees blasting the stores all over the US!

Dec 02, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
That's a terrible way to get fired! but I think this is for pissed consumers not employees.

Apr 08  from Highland Park, Texas
And it is for whoever are you the administrator? I think not.

May 13, 2013
I am a Michaels employee and i workd there for 7 months now. i was seasonal help too... i was there since septemeber of 2012 after the season was over they decided to keep me. as time went on they also said that they are cutting hours too, because of not enough sales now we have a new district mang. and ever since then we had to ask for emails or our hours got cut i honestly asked alot of people but after a while everyone has it or they use there smart phone for the discounts and now i am to the point where my boss is not giving me hours at all this is the seconed week without hours and ontop of all that the employees are not as friendly as they should be!
Reply to Jen

Apr 05, 2013
You have no proof of being "wrongfully terminated" ... you said yourself you were hired as seasonal help and knew that it was only temporary. Just because someone told you the position COULD be permanent does not mean that it WILL be. It doesn't even necessarily mean they didn't "like" you, but rather they may not have had the need for you (meaning they had all the employees they needed). As a seasonal employee, once the store has no need for you then you are no longer employed.

Read next Michaels complaint

Fired after almost 3yrs!

I had similar experience working for them, too!Only I wasted almost 3 yrs there!And they hire consta...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Michaels.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug