• show-popup

Company Menards
Location New Lisbon, Wisconsin
Category Home Construction and Repair
Views 430

I must first say I was an associate civil designer for 11` years, befor retiring.I am 67 years old and have had 11 back surgeries!

It is difficult for me to say the least to get construction or remodeling work done! I went to Menards and ordered two countertops for my kitchen. I sent the right measurements in! The countertops were cut one 1/4" too short and the other 1/4' too long.

I went to Menards and was told "if we made a mistake we will fix it!" HOW?The countertops are in place and I am left to live with their mistake. 2e8315a

Comments (9) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 15, 2013  from Council Bluffs, Iowa
I just placed an order for quartz countertop at Menards in Council Bluffs, Iowa. The guy sat down with us and we gave him the measurments, we picked out our sink and faucet, stove top ext. anyways he told us that before they do any cutting the company will send us as many templates to lay over the cabinets as we needed to make sure the measurments were right.
Reply to Nightrider

Sep 11, 2012
I ordered countertops from Menards and they cut them wrong 4 times. We called to complain and they said we needed to put it in writing. We received a response letter from the company (Midwest Manufacturing)that they hired to cut them, telling us that it was our fault. The miters (not sure how to spell) were not even lined up! We paid extra to have a template done before they were cut. One piece was 3 feet longer than we put on the template, other pieces were also wrong sizes 3 times! Still fighting with them! Had to spend alot of money on the contractor to keep coming to our house! Ours were not installed and we are still getting screwed!
Reply to K

Aug 15, 2012
We are getting quartz counter tops delivered in a few days. We will double check all measurements on the pieces before we even move them. And take photos of any damage before we move them. To the original poster - you should contact the owner of Menards.
Reply to MZS

Feb 24, 2012
Once the item has been installed, it's your problem. They aren't responsible for the item once it has been installed or altered. If you knew they were wrong, why didn't you say something to them before installing them? They would have gladly replaced them.
Reply to Corrij05

Oct 01, 2013  from Naperville, Illinois
oh really and you know this how????? HMMMMMMMM :roll :roll
Reply to the caulk

Feb 13, 2012
WTF? Come on people! Doesn't anyone have any personal responsibility anymore? Don't install countertops that are the incorrect size. I cannot understand how getting construction work done would be any more difficult for you than it is for anyone else.
The one thing I know is to not only check measurements at least twice but to check any paperwork relating to special order materials at least twice also.
Reply to dumbass

Oct 01, 2013  from Naperville, Illinois
you is schmaaaart fo a dumbass :p :p :p :p
Reply to baston

Feb 05, 2012
guess menards doesn't belive in measuring twice and cutting once, same old corporate apathy.javascript:ac_smilie(':eek')javascript:ac_smilie(':sigh')
Reply to neo tom paine

Jan 20, 2012  from Awka, Anambra
When you have a project involving something as important as the work surface for you kitchen one would think you would have checked the measurements of the new countertops before you tore the old ones off. It sounds like they will re-order the tops for you, It's not their fault you installed tops that were the wrong size.
Reply to ???

Read next Menards complaint

i cannot register my new "menards big card"

the statement said "sign up at menards "menards.com." i tried that.i could not find a category to si...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Menards.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug