• show-popup

Product / Service Pharmacy
Location Los Angeles, California
Category Health Insurance
Views 545

I believe Medco is guilty of criminal harassment of sick patients into buying drugs they don't need.I am an ill fibromyalgia patient struggling to stay employed.

I would be living a peaceful life, working full time, but I am being mercilessly phone harassed by two pharmacies. One is a shady overseas Indian outfit with a spoofed number I know I can do nothing about. But worse than the calls from the Indian pharmacies are the incessant, impolite calls I get from my own pharmacy supplier insisting that I buy excessive amounts of drugs through their mail order program. They threaten not to fill my drugs at all.

Drugs I use for extremely bad pain. This is extortion and it is stressful and it actually makes me sicker. Their last call to me was at 5:45 a.m. on Memorial Day weekend.

I'm sure there's lots of doctors working this weekend, what a great time to call! This is AFTER I complained to them twice that their calls were making me sick and interfering with my ADA prescribed afternoon nap that keeps me employed. Medco calls me MORE than the Indian pharmacy and at less convenient times.

I work out of my home and they are interfering with the operation of my work phone on a job I am desperate to hold onto.I am handicapped and Medco is making me sicker with their marketing policies. 2e035fb

Comments (17) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 02
I have to deal with this dreaded company!!! THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH BY FAR!!! EVERY TIME I NEED A REFILL IT IS A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!!!! IT NEVER GOES THRU, THERE IS ALWAYS A PROBLEM,AND THEN WHEN I CALL THEM IT IS LIKE TALKING TO A BUNCH OF INEPT FIRST GRADERS WHO DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE *** THEY ARE DOING. THIS TIME I'M ON THE PHONE FOR 30 MINUTES TRYING TO REFILL ORENCIA!THIS SHOULD TAKE 3 MINUTES!! WHEN I DEALT WITH CAREMARK IT WAS A BREEZE!! I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO PAY TRIPLE..IM GOING TO RITEAID!!IM LITERALLY IN TEARS EVERYTIME I DEAL WITH THEM!!!!

Aug 04, 2013
Express-Scripts is the prescription insurance that my employer has chosen. So, I have to deal with them whether I want to or not. According to our health plan, we are supposed to have the option of home delivery or buying from a participation pharmacy. Each year I have to go on-line and tell them again that I do not want to buy my prescriptions through their home delivery service. This year, they have disabled the option to choose a retail pharmacy, trying to force me to buy my prescriptions from them. I have already had to pay full price for one prescription because they refused to continue coverage if I don't agree to buy from them. It is a big conflict of interest for the insurance provider to also be the pharmacy.
Reply to JLC

Jun 01, 2013  from Allendale, Michigan
I tried to fill a prescription with Medco/express scripts only to be told they were out and not ordering any more. HUH? So I needed to set up a doctors appointment to change my meds, yes I had to pay for the appointment. Now 3-weeks later I received my prescription from Medco/express scripts only to find out it costs more to get through them then locally. So I had to pay for my doctors appointment and pay more for meds any savings I would have gain through Medco has been lost.

Plus if I go to my local pharmacy I can understand the language the pharmacist is speaking and it is not some under paid customer sales representative but truly a pharmacist. :(
Reply to Did it to me too

May 28, 2013  from Cambridge, Massachusetts
Horrible experience here as well. I was using them for a few months, and all of a sudden, they sent me a different medication with no explanation! I called, spent a long time on the phone. They first told me they don't have it in stock (mind you, it is a very cheap and widely available medication), but then apologized and said that they are sending the right one right away with expedite mail. I have been waiting for a week, nothing. I called today, and of course, there is no log of any of it - they said again the medication was not available until January 2014! No one bothered to call and let me know. I am now three weeks overdue on my medication, finally going to a regular pharmacy.
Reply to Anna

Mar 27, 2013
Everytime I have to deal with this company its like deailing witht he freaking 3 stooges.
1. Their system supposedly cant hold more than 1 persons information like credit card, phone number, email address, etc. at a time, yet oddly they still seem to have the information on file "somewhere."
2. I get the same meds from the same doctors every 3 months, no variations what so ever. For every prescription i get at least 2 letters in the mail, sometimes more. at least 2 phone calls at my home phone, where I am not at, and my wife gets texts messages to her phone wanting for me to verifiy the shipping address before they will send anything out. This is for EVERY prescription refill request for the last 3 years.
3. Whenever one of my doctors is notified to refill some meds by Medco amazingly only one of the medications is ever aprroved and I have to call my doctors office every single time and ask them to approve the meds. A lot of time all of this screwing around on Medco's part ends up resulting in me running out of a medication nefore I get my refill. I can request fast shipping online either because its a refill.
I HATE dealing with these people.

Dec 14, 2012
WORST COMPANY ON THE ENTIRE PLANET. I will pay full price, thank you. Due to their incompetence and lack of any communication whatsoever, I have lost a three year approved script on a controlled substance I need to function ( I had a stroke, this medication makes it where I can work) - by law the doctor cannot issue another one. Thank you Medco/Express Scripts - you SUCK. It will cost me hundreds to get this straightened out...and I NEVER received not ONE perscription from you. Fabulous. :(
Reply to nakina

Jun 24, 2013  from Rochester, Minnesota
Hmm, scripts are not valid for 3 years, maybe a year but no longer.
Reply to Tim

Dec 02, 2012
You can just opt out of automated calls if you ask. Although like most people I am sure you will spean out of both sides of your mouth, harrassing the representative for calling you but remaining opted in to the calls because you need to be reminded to order your medication
Reply to Jessica

Jan 30, 2013  from Buffalo, New York
We aren't children, we don't have to be reminded of any such thing. If I ever feel I need to be reminded, I will opt in. I shouldn't have to opt out.
Reply to tlupejkis

May 01, 2013  from Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Jessica

Are you completely out of your mind? This is the most inept company I have ever dealt with.
Reply to Mike

Oct 16, 2012
*** Medco and their ***, negative and bulldog *** working conditions!
Reply to Bruce Higgins

May 29, 2012
I don't fake anything. I work with multiple time zones and my naps are ADA prescribed and employer approved. I work with England and Tokyo in the same day -- hence, naps. Ergo, I don't want salespeople calling me when I desperately need my sleep, especially when I tell them to knock it off. And despite my weird schedule, I'm usually not up at 5:30 a.m. to take calls about drugs. You like drugs, maybe I can give you their number so they can call you instead. You can keep whatever you manage to score.

May 28, 2012
"Someone who spends apparently quite a bit of time posting snarky replies..."
That's me. It helps if you don't write a novella every time. It's what I do when I'm supposed to be working. You nap, I snark. Que sera, sera.

"Are you sure you don't need your own advice?"
I do, I do. Got any spares you can send me? Sounds like you've got good stuff.

"What brings you here other than opportunities to post your not very witty troll posts on a site for upset consumers?"

Nothing. Maybe score some good drugs. Hint, hint.

"Talk about needing a life."
No, just drugs. Please see reply immediately above.

And that crack about non witty troll posts cut me to the quick. Look for my posts tonight on diapers at Taco Bell and Tide crystals. I thought they were plenty d*a*mn funny. Maybe it's just the drugs.
Reply to The Bitter Truth

May 28, 2012
And you The Bitter Truth? Someone who spends apparently quite a bit of time posting snarky replies on posts by disabled people suggesting they need more drugs. Are you sure you don't need your own advice? I have a consumer complaint about phone harassment. What brings you here other than opportunities to post your not very witty troll posts on a site for upset consumers? Talk about needing a life.

May 28, 2012
Who is this, Li'l Abner? His job was mattress tester. I think you need a lot more drugs, preferably psychotropics.
Reply to The Bitter Truth

May 27, 2012
Anyone else similarly bothered should submit complaints at the FTC, FDA, Better Business Bureau, state pharmacy boards, and possibly the police and FBI. This is criminal phone harassment and it causes real damage.
Reply to Wormhog

Read next Medco complaint

MEDCO prescription will not pay!!!

My husband has 2 have his meds!Its life threat'n if he does not have it!4 the 2nd year n a row t...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Medco.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug