• show-popup

Product / Service Defective Refrigerator
Location Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Category Appliances and Electronics
Views 44

Quality is NOT part of the Whirlpool/Maytag Appliance line.
The above named refrigerator SHOULD be listed on the 1.9 million items under recall--AND it is dangerous as IT cal start a home fire.Nov.2009 was the start of a NIGHTMARE with this.

The first time I smelled what was the Start relay overheating--cost to fix--over $200.

February 2010 while I was not at home the defrost board finished shorting out causeing compressor over heat and DEFROST going HOT--HOT enough to defrost everything and in some instances partial cook some of the meats in teh freezer--HAD I not returned when I did there is a good chance a fire would have started--THIS is from the MAYTAG repair man.THIS unit can NOT be repaired as MAYTAG failed to make KEY repair componets--TOTAL JUNK.
I also own 5 other MAYTAG products ALL of which have had major problems--Maytag acknowledged liability by offering a 100% parts and labor repair--knowing that THE componets needed were NOT available--I will be posting to FACEBOOK MYSPACE and other blogs more details-- 2e09f59

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 24, 2010
UPDATE----24 March 2010---MAYTAG's Product Safety department Melonie Mann offered to BUY back my fridg---ONCE again NOT taking into consideration MY looses---FIGURE is $545.00 WHICH is still totally unacceptable to me. :( :(
Reply to jscusmc69

Read next Maytag complaint

New home, poorly made appliances

Recently purchashed a new home and most of the kitchen appliances were already in the home, in the 2...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Maytag.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug