• show-popup

Product / Service Time Share
Location Chicago, Illinois
Category Hotels and Resorts
Views 142

If you happen to be pitched a fractional ownership in the Manhattan Club in NYC, throw it in the trash.I have been an "owner" for a decade, and in spite of promises from the sales group of availability of my unit anytime, even on short notice, it's obvious that the organizers have oversold the occupancy capacity.

We can't use our aprtment, regardeless of how early we try to book it. The place is always "sold out"
And resale value is next to zero so we are stuck paying ever increasing "maintenance" and tax bills.

I suspect the developers are purposely trying to wear out the investors so they can walk away with a free Manhattan building built with other people's scammed money.
This is a scam.DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE PLACE 306f423

Comments (23) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 23 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 17, 2013
I am an owner of three units at the Manhattan Club and I agree that "no one" should buy a Timeshare at the Manhattan Club.
What you see in the models suits "is not what you get".
Try to book time, its almost impossible.
If you have questions, contact me directly at 905-453-0114, ext. 202
Ermidio Alves
Reply to Ermidio

Apr 20, 2013
The Manhattan Club has sold more timeshares than they have. Because of that, owners cannot get access to the units they own. To make matters worse, the suites are being rented on the open market, making availability to owners ever harder. This is a disgraceful operation. I just sold mine, using an attorney. It only took a month. If you try selling it on your own, it will take forever. I'd be happy to share my attorney's name with anyone interested. E-mail me at masterjock2000@yahoo.com
Reply to James

Jun 12, 2013  from Washington, District Of Columbia
Ditto! I would like the name of an attorney to sell my share, which is not at all as billed.
Reply to Susannetta

Feb 20, 2013
Is there a current law suit against TMC? I am a memeber that is considering giving back my deed. I want out of the timeshare. Is there a better solution?
Reply to jstengle1

May 12, 2012
ditto what others have said. i am a member and can never get a reservation even calling the nine months in advance. ridiculous. is this lawsuit thing real? i'm in if it is.
Reply to e.j. rossi

Apr 18, 2012
I dont even know how any of this can be legal, this timeshare takes and takes with nothing to give and also discloses nothing during there high pressure sales pitches, like you have "1 week a year" not telling you that you can never stay a Friday or Saturday night though. How do you get a week in? This is the most assinine thing I have ever heard of! I cant believe that I ever went for this scam! Shame on me.....but shame on our government for allowing this to happen to innocent people!
Reply to kim

Mar 02, 2012
GOOD NEWS
An owners lawsuit has been initiated!! Finally!!
Law firm is TonyTeng@bbpc-law.com

Email him and if you are an owner he will send you a survey

FINALLY, a shot at JUSTICE
Reply to manhattan Club Hater

Mar 02, 2012
We have been owners of the Manhattan Club for a decade. Management fees have skyrocketed and availability is zero. Look at their offer on social living. The MC is offering accommodations for $197/nt. That is less than our one night stay when prorating our management fees. Also if they have rooms for that why don't they have rooms for the owners. This is definitely a SCAM.
Reply to Vivian Key

Dec 19, 2011
The owner is a CROOK, should be sent to Jail - RIKERS, not Club FED!! They have available Beds - unlike the Manhattan Club!!
Reply to andy0516

Dec 16, 2011
cfox863@gmail.com

manhattan club owner for almost 10 years. the club itself...3 cheers! the management...all the booooos that can be mustered.

keep me informed of any and all future developments regarding improvement of our pitiful mc management and "chief owner."
Reply to chris

Dec 16, 2011
to all manhattan club owners who are not happy with many management issues:
SALVATORE REALE salr@tmcny.com IS THE MC DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS. BARRAGE AND BOMBARD HIM WITH YOUR VARIOUS COMPLAINTS. BE CONSISTENT AND PERSISTENT WITH HIM. HE EVENTUALLY (SORT OF) RUNS SCARED IF PUSHED AGAINST THE WALL. HE ALSO PUTS UP A FANTASTIC BRAVADO, SO BE PREPARED. ALSO, JOIN IN THE LAWSUIT: OWNERS VS MC OWNER AND MANAGER. ADDITIONALLY, CONTACT THE NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU EVEN THINK YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED AT THE INITIAL SALE/PURCHASE AND THEREAFTER.
Reply to chris

Nov 28, 2011
We were told it's 99% sold out and then expect values to rise quickly.
-- Booking 2-3 months in advance and there will be NO PROBLEMS;
-- Also many 1 -5 days in advance availabilities.

We almost "bit" but are glad we didn't. How sad that NYC government and State Offices allow a
a scam like this to continue.
Reply to Just Pitched to us last week-

Nov 22, 2011
I would like to know if there is a class-action suit heading up with an attorney who knows his way around in these time-share scams. My phone number is 631 666 3287. Thanks for a quick response!
Reply to Tom and Marie Jordan

Nov 10, 2011
Please contact me regarding a class action suit against The Manhattan Club

cmmshannon@aol.com
Reply to Coleen Shannon

Jul 20, 2011
I agree with the other posts in that the sales team makes empty and misleading or totally dishonest promises about booking availability and/or use options. The "typical" suites and rooms shown are not what you get after you actually buy, especially if you do not buy more later. I have been able to use my time but never at MY convenience, only by booking close to a year in advance, and never being able to change it even by one day forward or back even for personal emergencies such as a family death or severe medical emergency.
Reply to Janet Hebert

Mar 08, 2011
Thank you Corspeak. Experiencing frustrations as well with TMC. Very interested to find out the results of your legwork.
Reply to AnneMarie & Joe

Jan 30, 2011
I'm in on the class action lawsuit and whatever to stop these *** artists and to save my credit rating. Please let me know.

kaing@comcast.net
Reply to George Kain

Jan 30, 2011
My husband and I are also in the same boat. The Manhattan Club is deteriorating rapidly and as bad as the condition of the place is, we would like to actually be able to use something that we paid $35,000 for and on which continue to pay hefty maintenance fees.However, it is virtually impossible to book any time there--even if you call 9 months in advance. This is a scam and I'd love to talk to a group of people to see what we can do about it.
Reply to Kathleen Herrmann

Nov 18, 2010
We are also fractional owners and have only been able to get in once since we owned it. Every time we call to book we get nasty service and told they are all booked out. So we transfer our points to RCI only to lose them because we don't have enough points saved up for anything and they expire before we can save points up for anything. They are still selling the Manhattan club so something needs to be done ASAP. Lets all pull together and start something now. Anyone interested please email us.
lliquori@optonline.net
Reply to Maria & Larry

Nov 09, 2010
Corspeak
I think a class action might be timely sine the Attorney general of NY is going to be Governor, and the new AG might want to make a splash

I'm in
Reply to manhattan club hater

Read next Manhattan Club complaint

Manhattan Club

You buy a Timeshare at the Manhattan Club and you are told that it is perfect for visits after seein...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Manhattan Club.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug