• show-popup

Shares 0

Ripoff Killeen Maaco- Don't go there!

Featured on Pinterest ›
  • by   Aug 26, 2013
  • 1 comment
  • Review #: 443126

PissedConsumer editorial team selected it as one of the most interesting ones.
Please join the discussion on Pinterest, read comments and advices!

Company MAACO
Product / Service Maaco Paint
Location Killeen, Texas
Category Service Centers and Customer Services
Views 133
Monetary Loss

Pinterest @pissedconsumer

Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to my car noticed paint dust in multiple places in my car to include handprints on my leather seats. Upon the next day review of the paint job noticed lots of imperfections.

Every single line and corner on my stripe paint job was jagged and choppy; the paint was not pressed down under clear coat and could feel paint; tape residue, smeared paint, and dirt in multiple places under clear coat; clear coat wasn't thick enough on spoiler and there was holes in clear coat there; clear coat was dripped over the entire length of my car and in my window track which a month later still haven't gotten all of it out;they oversprayed paint on my windshield wiper fluid sprayers;  they left unremovable residue on my taillights which now have to be replaced;  they scratched a 2-3" inch scratch on my front right passenger side; and misaligned the stripes on my spoiler to my trunk.

After speaking with owner Jim Miller, he told me that the paint job want going to be perfect and defended  their work saying that they did it hos they always do and used the same tape as always.  Owner acted very unsympathetic and rude before eventually offering to repair.  Said that I might try for Monday for repair if I can be out of a car for another 5 days. Called Maaco in Waco to see what they would do and they told me that they don't even paint stripes and could not help me.Spoke with 2 other auto paint and detail professionals in temple who said that what Maaco did was not fixable;  they said I would see the lines and be able to feel them; this paint job was not fixable over my manufacture paint esp with trying to widen the pinstripe and stripe lines they messed up to fix the mistake.  Opted to fix at location other than Maaco  in 3 days time and my paint turned out flawless bc they had to repaint the whole hood, trunk, and spoiler!

Put a complaint in to Maaco corporate, spoke with owner again to reason with him but received the same treatment as before with unsympathetic and egotistical attitude. Even though I explained to him about how unprofessional the job was, how unsatisfied I was, and that other detailers said what they did was unfixable the way Maaco wanted to do it, he still refused to.acknowledge anything was unprofessional and stated that I should have gotten it fixed at Maaco. Tried to get even a miniscule amount of money back to fix my scratch and taillights but he refused.  Obviously this man's (Jim Miller) reputation isn't as important as money!

After going back and forth to the Killen location, corporate told me that the owner has the last say and that I would not be refunded anything for my loss. Corporate fail, what good are they if they don't help customers?! Took me $900 to fix their $750 mistake...overall a $1650 mistake for letting them touch my car! Don't go here, it is a ripoff. Go to a detailed who actually does detail for a living!!! RIPOFF!! 2ed8768

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 28, 2013  from Marshall, Texas
I feel bad for ya , but listen up , you get what ya pay for, should of checked out a custom shop first and paid them $2000.00 to do it right the first time, even after you paid somebody $900, I bet ya it still looks like ***. :cry
Reply to bayraider

Read next MAACO complaint

Maaco lied and sucks

These guys SUCK!!!I had my Cutlass painted THREE times over there, and it's still messed up!ZAK lied...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about MAACO.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug