Life Alert - Refusal to Cancel a Contract
Life Alert reply
Unfortunately, this complainant misunderstood our verbal and written explanation. We do not need a doctor to cancel the system, but if their father goes into a nursing facility or requires 24-hour care, then we would need written confirmation of this. If the person who now lives with the father is his home health care provider, then simply have them fax us a confirmation of this - per the signed agreement.
Regrettably, there have been too many cases where children have cancelled their parents account without the parent’s knowledge or approval because the adult children thought their mother or father didn’t need the service and was wasting their money, only to have their parent suffer a life changing and even fatal emergency. Therefore, policies were put in place and stated in our written agreement to protect our customers.
We would be more than happy to assist this person in canceling their father’s account once appropriate paperwork is faxed to us.c309386
You may also like
- "Bought a No No Pro. Try it free for 60 days it says...yeah right. Try to return this thing when you find out it doesn't work and watch the games..."
- "If you plan on buying any of these products, or other ones from the same company (as they look like different companies, but aren't), I would strongly advice to read..."
- "I was 182 now 113 so it works but you must work at is to. There is no pill that will make you skinny. You must follow the program...."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "Sign says OPEN TIL MIDNIGHT OR LATER,but they were shutdown by 11:45. I wasn't the only one trying to go through the drive thru. Fase advertising . I went..."
- "Same here. This company is bogus. I purchased what I thought was a wool pea coat white the picture was amazing . What I got? Was a jacket made if..."
- "There are facebook groups popping up all over the country for local swap and sell. If you see Scentsy reps on yours selling bars and bricks at half cost, beware!..."
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "They have these plastic cutting boards that they advertise to be bendable, so that you can bend it and easily pour your chopped, juliened, whatever-ed food into the bowl. Well,..."