• show-popup

Company Lending Club
Category Loans and Mortgages
Views 1064
Monetary Loss

I applied for a personal loan to pay off 2 credit cards, I was approved, I submitted all requested paperwork.While they reviewed my yearly earnings they made the mistake on confirming my income and said I lied on my application.

I proved them wrong, they told me they where sorry and would make good for there mistake. I resubmitted the application per their request . They denied my loan. After three weeks of getting the run around I gave up.

They made my credit drop 40 points during this 3 week fiasco.And that was the reason they claimed they couldn't approve my loan which was already approved 3 weeks prior. 30a17da

Comments (6) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 30, 2013  from Casper, Wyoming
About the only way I can imagine that your credit score could drop 40 points is if you didn't make the payments on your credit cards and they both reported you as delinquent. Late payments can quickly slaughter your credit.
Reply to Clayt

Jun 27, 2013  from Phoenix, Arizona
I think the people making comments on this are correct, but their points are totally irrelevant. It's not about the technicality of the issue, it's about the customer service the complainer received which IMO was poor. A credible company would go through much larger lengths to correct any errors it makes. The complainer's loan was approved before their mistake and should have bent their own rules if they needed to so they could "take care of their customer." Now they lost at least two potential paying customers because I will probably steer away from companies like this.
Reply to Bizmanager

May 31, 2013  from Branson, Missouri
there is no way your credit score drops 40 points for a inquiry, an inquiry in your credit would be about 5 points.
Reply to lol

May 13, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
Please provide documentation of your 40 point credit score drop caused by LC. Doesn't sound plausible.
Reply to Betteryeti

Feb 17, 2013  from Minneapolis, Minnesota
Did you by chance kept recording of your conversation over the phone between you and the Lending Club?
Reply to curious george

Feb 17, 2013  from Minneapolis, Minnesota
Where did you obtain your credit score and history from?

Reply to curious george

Read next Lending Club complaint

Avoid Lending Club

Applied for a small loan yesterday for $5,000 to consolidate my debt.Noticed that the loan still was...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Lending Club.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug