• show-popup

Company LaZBoy
Location Elmhurst, Illinois
Category Shipping
Views 127

I purchased a recliner from our local store in North Aurora and was told the delivery charge would be $59.99.After a discussion with my husband he said he would pick it up.

I called and was told I would have to go to the Bolingbrook store which is not real close to our home to pick it up or pay a $35 charge to pick it up at our local store. Who delivers the chairs to the local store? Why should customer have to pay to pick up locally? What a rip.

This is my last purchase from LazBoy.
2ea8a05

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 05, 2010
After seeing a large newspaper ad for a LA-Z-Boy recliner on sale, I went to our local LA-Z-BOY Furniture Gallery in Myrtle Beach,SC. The salesperson informed me that if I wanted to take the chair home in my pickup I would have to pay a $30 delivery fee for the chair to be brought from Baltimore to the store. This fee was not mentioned in the ad. The store mgr would not waive the fee when I complained. Subsequent calls to LA-Z-BOY in Baltimore and Michigan got me nowhere. I then went to a local furniture store who featured LA-Z-BOYs and purchased an upgraded chair. Without a delivery charge,I got a better chair for about the same money. The LA-Z-BOY Furniture Galleries are not worth it.
Reply to Kurt

Jun 29, 2009
so because you decide to be cheap and pick up your furniture, who should have to pay for the gas to have the truck bring out your furniture? Or the truck drivers, who have to get paid for the drive, and then to unload your furniture?
Reply to anonymous

Aug 10, 2008  from Leverstock Green, England
I was buying two sofas and went to pay for the furniture. I walked to the register with the sales person and as she went through the charges mentioned a charge of $85 per each sofa for local delivery. I said I would pick the furnitue up and was told by this very bold sales person that I could not pick up the furniture and if I wanted it I would have to pay delivery charges. I see this as nothing more than a scam to charge the customer an additional 12% for the sale. The Attorney General's Office should look at these people. PS.... I walked out of the store while the sales person said " I don't believe this" Well believe it and get real with you expensive shipping costs.
Reply to Dan

Read next LaZBoy complaint

Uncompromising to FAIR exchange offer

On March 15, 2008, I ordered two, 3-piece couch sets from a La-Z-Boy store. We had negotiated a tota...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about LaZBoy.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug