• show-popup

Company Lando Resorts
Location San Antonio, Texas
Category Hotels and Resorts
Views 446

After reviewing my contract documents and my experience at the sales presentation I attended at Vacation Village at Parkway in November of 2008, I have discovered that I have been the victim of fraud, misrepresentation, and deceptive sales methods.I was told that the price was lower because the timeshare sold to me had been previously owned and that I was benefiting from the owner's payments in the form of "˜built-in equity'.

This was not true.

I was assured that I would make enough in rental income from the timeshare, with the personal assistance of Ed and Steve, to pay upwards of $2100 toward the mortgage payments.This was not true.
30b37f3

Comments (10) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 05  from Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
We purchased timeshare points at Vacation Village at Parkway in Kissimmee, FL through Lando Resorts Corp. We decided to cancel our contract with Lando and sent our cancellation letter to Lando corporate in Ft. Lauderdale. We had 10 days to cancel and did so in 5 days. The contract we signed states that Lando had 10 business days to refund our deposit of $1305. They went several days over the 10 days and then refunded our deposit less $50. Nowhere in contract did it say that they would keep $50 of the deposit if we cancelled.
In our opinion, this company is shady to say the least. We would not recommend dealing with them.
Reply to Pogo

Apr 11  from Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
We complained to the State of Florida. We don't expect to hear back from them because they have been allowing deceptive Timeshare sales for years. The State of Florida knows what's going on and they don't do anything about it. Lando told me that they held back the $50 because we didn't return the books to them. They said it was in the fine print. We still haven't found it in the contract. It was never mentioned to us at closing about returning the RCI book. The cancellation form we signed never mentioned it. I assume that many people are having the same problem as we did. Good Luck
Reply to Pogo

Jul 27, 2012
I was about to sell my timeshare due to a huge lack in quality of the timeshare in Florida...however since the building of the new condos the quality of care given is certainly a great deal better than it was. Now if I could only get in touch with them to make my last payment...that would be great...I've been trying for at least a month....if someone can help me out send me a message at morgnsgrame49@aol.com :p
Reply to pat

Jul 27, 2012
Reply to pat

Jun 18, 2012
Estimadas Autoridades de Lando Resort:

El día viernes 15 de Junio próximo pasado, informé a las operadoras de mi cuenta que el 8 de Junio pagué U$D 550.00 a esa Corporación, como lo venía haciendo el último año y medio. Estos resultaron ser 550,00 demás, pese a lo cual no me los reintegraron, ni me mandaron recibo de lo que, a través de LA TAJETA VISA internacional del HSBC, aboné en tiempo y forma por un error de Información producido por la Srta. Mimi Afu Rodriguez.-

Asimismo, el mes anterior, la Srta. mencionada, me informó que yo habiendo pagado U$D 900,00 había terminado de abonar los U$D 14,771.15 dólares estadounidenses y que, por lo tanto me debían reintegrar la diferencia de los U$D 900.00 *** los U$D 541.87, que era mi última cuota, de ahí que la devolución tenía que ser de U$D 358.13. Esto sumado a los 550,00 ENVIADOS DEMÁS, da la suma de U$D 908,13 que LANDO RESRT CORPORATION me tendrá que devolver en forma inmediata.

Destaco como, hasta el presente, ninguna Autoridad contralor de Cuentas HA CONTROLADO todos y cada uno de mis pagos que jamás fueron postergados ni demorados, al contrario, se aceleraron y jamás tuve un beneficio acorde *** mis cumplimeintos.-

... Show more
Reply to ALDO LUIS MOLINARI

Jun 18, 2012
Estimadas Autoridades de Lando Resort:

... Show more
Reply to ALDO LUIS MOLINARI

Feb 24, 2012
I bought a one week every three year timeshare at vacation village never had a chance to use it and before I could use it the maintenance fee had went from 350.00 for 3 years to700.00 I told them I couldn't afford the fee they told me that I could quick clam deed it back to them and I would not have to pay for the upcoming fee. two years later the turned me over to collection for 900.00. Screwed my credit get harassing calls. I urge everyone not ever to do business with Lando they will lie and cheat you!
Reply to bluesguitarb

Apr 20, 2011
My parents were scammed by Lando Resorts Corporation as well. They were sold a vacation package that did not mention anything about a requirement to sit through 8 hours of deceptive sales methods and other forms of fraud. As stated before, they too were told that they can buy the unit cheaper because of "built-in equity". I am appalled that the State of Florida allows this company to operate, who is under the Berkley Group umbrella. I will NOT be going to this state any time soon if this is something that they allow. I will spend my money somewhere else, and let as many people know about the practices in Florida and that of the Berkely Group (Lando Resorts Corporation) as possible.
Reply to CK from Canada

Apr 18, 2011
whiie at Lando resorts 2 plus years ago i was invited by the sales staff there since i was already owner to attend a sales pitch to attend a presentation to switch from my cureent plan to a point plan. Afer i declined 6 or 7 times i was insulted by the staff in front of my then 9 year old and told i was behind in a payment by 2 days to lando resorts and all i wanted was a free lucnch anyway .. Mind you i was on vacation there ...
Reply to roy

Read next Lando Resorts complaint

Fraud/Scam by Lando Resorts (Berkely Group)

My parents were scammed by Lando Resorts Corporation as well.They were sold a vacation package over...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Lando Resorts.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug