• show-popup

Product / Service Movado Watch
Location Nashville, Tennessee
Category Luxury / Jewelry
Views 252

I bought a Movado watch from a Kays store.The slaesperson recommended a lifetime battery replacement contract which I bought.

When my battery played out I took the watch back to Kays for replacement.

I was told they had to send it off and it would take 4-6 weeks.I received a call a few weeks later informing me that there would be a charge of $105 because when the watch is opened to replace the battery the gasket is broken and the watch has to be resealed, hence the $105.
I was sold the battery replacement contract by the explanation that I have NO cost for lifetime battery replacement.
I have been ripped off and have no recourse if I want my watch back. 2d69c22

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 10, 2012
@nikalseyn

that is the most absurd thing I have ever heard! I have seen people try to change thier own watch batteries and ruin their time piece, prying off a screw back , not to mention that there are over 50 different battery sizes used in watches. if you buy expensive things it is expensive to repair/ maintain them. if you don't then just buy a cheap throwaway.
Reply to kayemployee

Nov 15, 2011
I have two movado time pieces . The one I have that is for 100 meters or more I have searched high and low for someone to do a battery change. No one will touch it because they do not have the equipment in store to pressure seal the gasket. It's nearly a two thousand dollar watch, so I would like to keep it waterproof , so i do pay for the gasket to be sealed back. My other movado doesn't have a description of water meters. So they change them in store for me. But I can see why they would have that policy. If they are going to break the seal to change the battery on it, and I were to get moisture in it and the watch stops working, yeah, they would pay for me to have a new watch in a heart beat. it makes sense to me.
Reply to movado owner

Nov 11, 2011
People- if you want quality jewelry and service don't buy from a chain that does business out of a mall!!! DUH!
Reply to Shuddup

Nov 10, 2011
You can buy a card full of something like 24 various-size button batteries at many dollar stores. I buy them and replace watch batteries, etc. for all sorts of items. I would tell them to just return the watch without fixing it and then open it up and replace the battery yourself. You can probably figure out how to make a gasket yourself once you see how it goes in. They are usually only a narrow circular rubber thing. Even an "o" ring might work.
Reply to nikalseyn

Read next Kay Jewelers complaint

Kay Jewelers sell junk jewelry.

I got engaged on Christmas 2008, we bought my engagement ring from Ziamond.com in January of 2009 (I...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Kay Jewelers.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug