• show-popup

Product / Service Prodex
Location Smyrna, Georgia
Category Products
Views 806

We ordered Prodex from Insulation4Less.It was delivered damaged and just dumped by Fed Ex in our driveway - so we didn't have the opportunity to inspect & then refuse the damaged rolls.

Called Jonathan Barber - the president and salesperson of Insulation4Less and he was a complete ***. Rude, condescending and a liar. Stated that our email invoice had tracking info or a "click here" to find out when it was going to be delivered - it did NOT. The email didn't even say it was Fed Ex who was the carrier.

The rolls were just dumped in our driveway - blocking access to our house and garage. Then Barber said that "they include extra in each roll to cover any damage in shipping." Total BS. We had to get our credit card issuer to do a chargeback and then fight through the Denver BBB to get that chargeback to stick. The product may be OK but the hassle of dealing with a company with ZERO customer service is not worth the hassle.

STEER CLEAR OF INSULATION4LESS![Less] 2dd06a9

Comments (27) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 27 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 03, 2013
I did a lot of research on the net: I am a retired electro-mechanical engineer. I know what I wanted to do, but did not know exactly how to achieve it; until I contacted Insulation4less. The sales person on the phone was really nice, and very knowledgeable about my re-roof project. I am not a roofer; this was a project with a few friends; and a weekend. The old, (I know before 1900) house's tin roofing was removed revealing open purlins. The "double bubble" (He actually purchased Prodex insulation was tacked loosely draped just prior to installing each sheet of new tin. It was inexpensive (per r-value), easy, and fast to install. It really smoothed out the old warped wood, giving it a very nice appearance. After being installed in August of 04, in east Ohio, I noticed an immediate drop of several degrees upstairs. This winter it is really warmer without the gas bill going up at all, compared to last year. The old attic already had about 19-12 inches of cellulose, which I had blown in about 1980, so I really had time to experience the difference between old and new. I really believe this product has paid for itself already....
Reply to Engineer

Aug 07, 2013  from New York City, New York
Insulation4Less Excellent Company to work with - Prodex is a Super Product. Insulation4Less.com does a Great Job and Prodex is a Super Product! I enjoyed working with your company. You gave me excellent advice. I received my order fast. We're glad we went with Prodex - It works even better than I thought it would. I can really tell the difference. Plenty of my friends have also ordered from you. Thanks again.
Reply to Thomcraftsman

Aug 07, 2013  from Houston, Texas
I just purchased a 3500 square feet of Prodex Insulation from Insulation4Less. I ordered it for my attic and small barn to reduce the heat and add R-value. I have purchased from Insulation 4 Less many times. Everything is always great! My last purchase was for my basement. I have to say it worked way better than I expected so I thought I would try it elsewhere.
Reply to Larry

Jul 30, 2013
STEER WAY CLEAR OF INSULATION4LESS and MR BARBER. VERY POOR EXAMPLE of how to run a business. **************************THEY RIPPED ME OFF on a $2000.00 (TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR ) order. ************** ***DEFECTIVE PRODUCT ***( big black blotches, and foil gone, and falling off plastic bubbles ) , and BARBER ***REFUSES TO STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT**** . CROOKS ! PLEASE, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH INSULATION4LESS. I"M GOING TO HAVE TO SUE TO GET ANY JUSTICE FROM THIS PLACE. If there is a problem, HE will block your email access to Him and refuse to answer phone , or return calls.
Reply to joesupset

Nov 06, 2012
We have received over one-hundred and forty-five thousand (145,000) insulation purchases. Please put the few complaint posted on this website in the context of that amount of business.
Reply to Customer Service

Aug 03, 2013  from Knoxville, Tennessee
Who cares about how many orders they have. Whats most important is how they handle the ones that don't go well., and it seems this business thinks it's ok to leave a few customers in the ditch after they take your money.
Reply to Anonymous

Oct 07, 2013
If a company that many orders, then a company should stand behind the few times they fail. Not to stand behind your bad deals is the epic fail that has made me decide to go another route with my limited funds. :sigh
Reply to Buying insulation

Mar 19
Not responding to a customer request which I called to inquire about your product and all I got was go to the website. We don't do customer service which is how we keep cost down. One ignored customer is one too many and can spread like a disease. Good luck with your business..This is one more lost potential customer.
Reply to For customer service

Sep 07, 2012
i called with a few question about the "prodex" insulation and mr barber let me have it! told me to look on the web site and find it myself "what are you *** its all on there". he refused to help me. you would think someone selling a good product would love to talk about it/sell it.
Reply to matt

Aug 22, 2012
I can only image the conversation this customer has had with this Mr Barber dude. He is one of the rudest people I have every dealt with my issue could have been handled with just a simple return phone call. But NO. Mr Barber had to make me call and email him numerous times to get a response and then a very rude email to tell me I was not allowed to ever order from them again. Still haven't received the complete order after weeks of waiting. A place like this does not deserve your business.
Reply to Charlie

Dec 28, 2011
After reading the posts above I was a bit skeptical about ordering but I gave it a shot and ordered 3 rolls via Insulation4less.com web site. The transaction was smooth, I immediately got a receipt and a FedEx tracking number. I was able to track my shipment and it arrived on time and in perfect condition. I insulated my garage door with Prodex and it is easy to work with. The lighting (reflection) has certainly improved and I am anxious to see the improvements in heating. Don't listen to the ramblings and bitter lady above. They are good to deal with. :)
Reply to T4R11

Sep 09, 2011
Sounds like to me you had more of a complaint with Fed Ex and you took it out on Insulation4less. Also, if you were expecting a delivery, hence a tracking code for delivery date and time, YOU should have been home to accept the delivery. Also, these are not heavy rolls so dumping them in front of your garage would bnot have benn a difficult task in moving them. If you were planning to put it up yourself, you surely are capable of moving a light weight bundle. Stop your whinning, you got the product for free.... imo
Reply to Jeff

Jun 20, 2011
5 stars hands down, I have used the Prodex and Prodex total and love it, Heating bills are lower and have given the extra to my neighbor for his garage and he loves it also.
Reply to JW

Apr 03, 2011
Use of the product in my attic resulted in a 6 degree Fahrenheit temperature drop inside the house.
The use of the product along with fiberglass insulation resulted in a 16 temperature difference.
For my workshop I plan on wrapping fiberglass in foil. This combination looks the most promising.
Reply to John in Florida

Mar 15, 2011
I was seriously considering ordering prodex from Insulation4Less. I could not find out if the product (prodex) was worth the cost - or if it really worked as advertised. But after contacting Insulation4Less customer service about their product(s); I was "greeted" with a rude and annoying CS rep, who did not seem to want to be bothered (I think it was the guy that owns this business). Needless for him to say anything else to me. I don't know if Prodex is worth the money, but regardless, "Insulation4Less"
can shove their Prodex up their a$$!
Reply to PaulZ

Mar 02, 2011
I ordered from Insulation4Less. Quick and easy online ordering and fast delivery. I purchased Prodex Total Insulation. Prodex was very easy to work with, it went up very fast and easy. I insulated the walls on our 30x40x14 pole barn. Hugh difference in temp!! 10-15 degrees F outside while 60 degrees F on the floor and almost 80 Degrees F at the ceiling. I installed it all by myself. I used some of the left over in my attic, I can tell the difference there as well. I liked ordering online at Insulation4Less. Great site for busy people. All the information I needed was available online. I got the product at a good price, I got it fast, and it worked well. Good deal all the way around!!!

;)
Reply to Peter Cunningham

Mar 02, 2011
Reply to peter Cunningham

Feb 27, 2011
I disagree. i had a great interaction with insualtion4less. It was delivered promptly and undamaged. So far so good with the Prodex Insulation. Great customer service as well! I built my own 30' yurt over the last 2 months and used Prodex for the insulation layer. Our first night in the yurt it was 6 degrees outside! My heat source is a smallish size wood stove. With the stove at a good temp I was able to get it up to 70 degrees inside. With the stove damper partially closed over night it will hold the temp to around the high 50's/low 60's. It hasn't gotten above 25 outside in the week we've been in the yurt. I'd say that's pretty good for 1/4" thick walls and roof. I still need to do some sealing around the windows and floor so should be even better.
Reply to Adam L

Feb 26, 2011
I love Prodex Insulation: I bought a lot. I have insulated over ½ my attic with it. I also bought the double stick tape from Insulation4Less along with the foil tape.
Here is what I think about installation – it is easy. I had fiberglass insulation with a poly vapor barrier covering the insulation and rafters. I stapled the poly to the rafters and slit the poly between the rafters so as not to trap moisture. I ran the double stick down the poly covered rafters and then applied the Prodex Insulation. What I learned: the Prodex Insulation ideally should also be stapled through the flange into the rafter to help hold it tight. This not only helps prevent it from pulling away from the double stick tape, but also helps the foil tape seal the seams without the 2 runs of Prodex Insulation pulling apart from each other.
It is a great product. I can feel how much warmer the attic is each time I go up and the beetle infestation which used to come with winter has been significantly reduced – over 90%. Thank you Insulation4Less.
Reply to David Schneider

Feb 16, 2011
It's unfortunate that a company has to spend time responding to ridiculous statement by anonymous people. There is no lawsuit and there has NEVER been a lawsuit. The specifications for Prodex AD5 is ICCES recognized and Energy Star Qualified. The other comment is from a woman name "lglegl" above. Would you believe it if we told you it's all because FedEx put her insulation in front of her garage. That it - Really that it. Read her stuff over. That's the essence of it. We know because she filed a complaint with the BBB and demanded a full refund of her shipping because her insulation was left in front of her garage. It wasn't stolen, it wasn't rained on. She simple had to put in the garage when she got home. Below is her complaint to BBB and our response.
Her complaint:
"Because the shipping was NOT handled in the way that we discussed and Mr. Barber indicated that it would be, and because having the huge rolls of insulation just dumped in our driveway - blocking access to our home and garage, we want an immediate refund of ALL shipping charges for our inconvenience to our credit card.

In the event that we are short of having received 4900 square feet of what we ordered, we want a refund to our credit card of the amount we are deficient, due to the fiduciary failure of Mr. Barber and Insulation4Less to ensure proper delivery and subsequent failure to work with their deliverer of choice (Fed Ex) to make sure that the material was delivered
... Show more
Reply to CustomerService@Insulation4Les

Read next Insulation4Less complaint

Insulation4less ... Beware !

I ordered insulation with double sided tape ... 5 rolls for an extra $10 a roll . I received 4 rolls...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Insulation4Less.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug