• show-popup

Location Aurora, Illinois
Category Advertisements and Cons
Views 113
Monetary Loss

Humana promotional materials to not make it clear what the working definition of "in-network" is.The materials indicate that your primary physican can refer to to any specialist in the Humana Provider directory.

My eye surgeon is in the Humana book. However my eye surgeon is not a member of the medical office that my PCP is. My PCP is with Dupage Medical Group, a group of over 300 doctors. My PCP and/or his business office refuses to give me a referral to any doctor outside of their DMG group.
I had known about these restrictions prior to signing up I would have choose a different provider.

Either a PPO plan with Humana or maybe Blue Cross. This is incomplete information. I had no way of determining this in advance.

Humana should be sanctioned by Medicare and pay penalties.They should be required work with all those impacted to make sure they can see the doctor of their choice. 2ffe3d2

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 08, 2013
In general, Humana Gold HMO Plus in D-FW is working much better for me than for the person who wrote this comment; however, they still find ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by screwing around with customers to save a few dollars.

After CVS & Humana screwed my medications up royally so I couldn't get a medication that I need to every day, I finally got senior agent straighten it out so I could finally get my medication. This agent told me that I could get the next refill for zero copay, which made me very happy customer.

When I tried to pick up the refill half a week later, I got a totally different story. First, another agent lied to me about the pharmacy promising a zero copay, which is obviously not true.

Then the manager told me that the copay for their medications was handed down on Mt. Sanai as the Eleventh Commandment =-((!
Reply to Kent

Read next HUMANA complaint

All about the money!!

My mom and dad had a cancer insurance policy in 1980.My dad was diagnosed with cancer in 2010 and my...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about HUMANA.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug