• show-popup

Shares 0

Hollywood auditions is a scam

• by   Mar 15, 2009
  • 93 comments
  • Review #: 146377
Company Hollywood Auditions
Location Norfolk, Virginia
Category Employment Agencies
Views 1268

I signed a contract for Hollywood auditions.They called a few hours later,They said go to our website if you have any questions.So I did it turns out they get your resume and don't do anything.I was so mad.Here's a hint only go to snail mail audition or have an agent or manager to help you.On the cruel
audition world.Like John Casablanca's that the greatest of all.I went there for seven weeks for modeling. Always be c-a-r-e-f-u-l when on websites about auditions.!!!PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PARAGRAPH. 30243e8

Comments (93) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 93 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 07  from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
It is a total scam! They don't answer the phone and they won't take down pictures of me that are 7 years old. I can't stand people that do this stuff. Does anyone know how to get my pics off of google that keep coming up from Hollywood auditions??
Please help!
Reply to Dave

Apr 09  from Boston, Massachusetts
Do you know the definition of the word "scam,?" You gave them your money and they provided you with a legitimate service. I know who you are. Just because you were not successful at acting and a failure does not mean that company is a "scam."

Nov 07, 2013
So how do you get to the Agencies that don't charge unless you get paid because I have been trying to get into acting for years :upset
Reply to KandiLandi

Oct 09, 2013
Hollywood Auditions is not a scam. It is lazy people like you who want everything for free and think that someone will discover you in a mall that ruin a reputation of a good company. You all know nothing about the industry. I have had a huge success rate with the company because I LISTENED to what they had to say and followed direction. The rest of you simply sit on your *** and expect to be famous. That's not how the industry works. What you put in you get out. Hollywood Auditions is the #1 casting service in North America. How do you think it got that way? By providing the service it promises. By all of your negative attitudes, nobody would work with you anyway.
Reply to Lucy G

Nov 07, 2013
Thats pretty funny. They are a scam. They never even set up an audition with me. All they did was email me. Then they ask for money before they sign me? Its a scam. If it was real then they would sign me first then make me pay. So no one should give them money. Look up ways to tell if the company is fake! It states almost everything that this company has done.
Reply to FAKE360

Apr 09  from Boston, Massachusetts
You are dumber than a rock. You receive auditions every week that YOU need to submit for because you are not qualified enough to get an agency. What is wrong with idiots like you! Just because you pay a measly $300 you expect to be famous? You have no talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not their fault.

Nov 30, 2013  from Los Angeles, California
hahaha! No. You're wrong. Agencies DO NOT ask for money upfront, if they do it's a scam. If agencies really needed money to "put" stuff together then they will find you a job and take from that, they WILL NOT take money upfront or even ask for if they are legitimate. Oh and by the way, all of us are not f***ing negative, get it right and go head and waste your money on a casting service that dont guarantee you S***! You do not know what you're talking about. stop lying to people to get them to waste money. okay :grin byeee lol i just cant get over how you actually believe your self about that and you believed yourself so much that you criticized people you dont even know! wow, what a great person you are!
Reply to CeCe...2

Sep 09, 2013  from Lansing, Illinois
They are a complete scam! Don't give them any money! Please guys don't do it :(
Reply to Bribear

Jul 10, 2013  from Miami, Florida
Hollywood auditions is a scam and they refuse to remove my pictures from their website! I have asked on multiple occasions. They just keep all of these inactive profiles of people up to try and show that all those people are clients of theirs when in fact we all just got stuck on their website.

Jun 10, 2013  from Fredericksburg, Virginia
I was contacted today about having my son sign up and that they only had 1 spot in our area left and i needed to do it today. one yr for $199 or three years for $389. I told Jason 805-991-6440 that I would have to review the information and get back with him. After reading all these scam messages, I will not be calling back. Thanks for the web.
Reply to Debbie

May 15, 2013
I was a HollywoodAuditions.Com victim in 2002. I don't live in America, but I had high hopes of getting auditions for Warner Brothers films. I was young (12) and I was ambitious, so I stumbled upon this site and read every single detail. I didn't know much about Talent agencies, but this site had everything. I got my photos taken at a local studio, and prepared my CV, and was able to convince my parents to pay $75 (yeah dunno when you guys applied here, but in 2002 it was only $75) for a joining fee using my mum's credit card.

After many attempts to call and follow up, my mum finally told me that this is most likely a scam. She literally fought for a refund, and said that she'll sue the company if they don't give our money back. The guy was saying we're not being professional, and my mum argued with him. Finally, we got our refund back.

It's now 2013, and I decided to look again at the website. It looks exacrtly the same as it was in 2002, and they're still able to scam people. The only difference between 2002 and 2013 is that people are smarter now. There are sites where we can post reviews, and we can easily do research about these companies.
Reply to Cy

Apr 11, 2013
listen guys take it from ME
If anyone comes at you with a biz prop that you have to pay
run the other way!

they say there free not like LA casting or Actors access (by the way are legit

they got snotty with me when I said you have no idea who your talking to do you and how did you get my number

dudes and dudettes IF ANY TYPE OF AGENT OR MANAGER OR whatever comes at you with you have to pay to play
tell em your going to *** on there rug !! that will shut em up 8)
Reply to therealdude

Mar 18, 2013  from San Francisco, California
Hollywood Auditions is a COMPLETE SCAM.

My brother submitted a YouTube video of me and they called me a couple days later. He asked me if I was serious about this processes and told me there are only two slots left and he needs to fill them. He tried to conversant about the city I live in and he said that he was looking at real estate in my area (VBS :zzz). Anyway, within 5 minutes he asked for me to pay with a credit card. I said I did not have one. He got nasty after that and said, "Well how do you pay bills. How do you expect to get big?" First off, I do have a card and I pay bills with cash. Second off, WHY THE *** would I pay him $389? He then asked if my parents could pay. I said, "Maybe" so he said he needs it within 24 hours. He keeps calling back (Never told me his name) and I just keep avoiding the calls. Clearly this is fake. NOT LEGIT.

DON'T FALL FOR IT! Best free idea to help you get "Self Famous" is YouTube and major in film or acting in college. Again, ANYONE WHO ASKS FOR MONEY (Especially without even seeing you) IS FAKE!!!! SCAM SCAM SCAM :(
Reply to NickRussoVlogs

Feb 12, 2013
I filled out a form online and three days later I got a call from Eric (i think), asking for my parents. I'm 13, and would love to be in commercials and be an extra and things like that, so i was sooo excited. When my mom called the guy back, he said it was over $300 to do business with them (!!!). Then, he layed down all this *** about "I only have three spots left, and I need to fill them THIS WEEKEND!". Very dissappointed :sigh
Reply to McKenzie

Jan 21, 2013  from Cambridge, Ontario
I pursued this acting career as a "just in case" plan if no university accepted me for my passion, biology. First I found HollywoodAuditions and I thought it would be a cool idea. I did the business stuff (and got my dad to pay a lot of money for the contract and photos). Then a week later, they recomended me to Showcase Worldwide Inc. From audition to showcase in Montreal, my dad funded my little venture and it costed him over $2,000. He works very hard at our granite shop. I got into a university and quickly abandoned my acting dream, however, now that I see it is a scam, I feel I have disgraced my family, especially my dad. He is forgiving and just glad that I got into university, but I hope those people get sued and we could redeem our money. If someone could just take them down then that would be alright too. (they kept giving me offers by email which, surprise surprise, cost hundreds of dollars)
Reply to Zoki

Aug 21, 2013  from Beverly Hills, California
I'm sorry , but no reputable agency ask for money. They get a
percentage on what you make if they find you a job.
Hollywood is full of similar scams. Never pay before.
Good Luck
Rossana Scalisi
Beverly Hills Ca.
Reply to rossana

Oct 29, 2012
I received a call from someone named Bob as well.....I'm glad I read the reviews....
Reply to Sasha

Oct 20, 2012
I was looking for audition sites and found this website Hollywood auditions. I wanted to know more about it so I went here. I don't know what to believe since some of the people say it awesome and some are just angery please can anyone tell me? :sigh
Reply to Rachel

Jun 12, 2013  from Boynton Beach, Florida
Don't believe the happy ones reason being its probably someone who works there protecting the company ... Lets think if this company was really legit why would sooooooooooo many people complain so many bad reviews don't waste your money I'm not I'm glad I read it first!

Oct 15, 2012
Glad I read these....I have an audition with them tomorrow. Oh well, I can use it as a mock audition. No more nerves :) To those who've paid....Anyone who asks for money in this business, instead of paying you, is scamming you.
Reply to Ashley

Read next Hollywood Auditions complaint

Oh Boy.. Don't get me started on these guys!

Well..i called in 2 months ago to get more info..I was just about to give Bill Cambell my credit car...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Hollywood Auditions.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug