• show-popup

Shares 0

Why doesn't hobby lobby stock Chanukah merchandise?

• by   Sep 28, 2013
  • 12 comments
  • Review #: 449973
Company Hobby Lobby
Product / Service Unprofessional Staff
Location Marlboro, New Jersey
Category Shopping
Views 187

Call any hobby lobby and ask them if they carry Chanukah merchandise.When they say no ask why.

You'll be shocked at the indifference or ignorance (depending on the answer) of the employee you ask. Pursue the fantastically dumb answer you get up to corporate and you'll definitely be shocked and awed when you hear about why hobby lobby does not carry ANY Jewish themed merchandise. HINT: Mr Green the owner.

I can't wait for the poor financial results reported at years end because of this ignorant decision of hobby lobby.Of course I'll be to busy shopping at michaels this Chanukah to give a hoot about hobby lobby's declining stock value, but i know I'll make the time to be sure ALL my friends and business associates know how ridiculous and wreckless a CEO can be in his values. 3010027

Comments (12) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 30
Hobby lobby wants to swash Womens rights.They are sueing the govenment to take birth control off their insurance plan.Yes they want to do that but refuse to pay women a living wage.If you want women off birth control then you should pay them enough money to support their children.My very large extended family refuse to shop a company that disreguards womens rights,WE COME A LONG WAY BABY
Reply to ME

Mar 30
Check your facts. They are looking to not cover 4 specific types but have no problem with coverage for routine birth control pills. It's this kind of misinformation bopping around the internet that gets people riled up and yelling at employees.

Jan 30  from Norcross, Georgia
Actually, you are wrong. And Adrienne2013 is also. I have bought Chanukah merchandise at BOTH stores. Even got cards and wrapping paper on post-season discount at Michael's. (also got post-season Chanukah dog-toys at Pet Smart)
Reply to Luxomni

Jan 03
Hobby Lobby is a private company, Champ. There are no stockholders. There is no stock price.
Reply to Refund Jockey

Dec 23, 2013  from Glendale, Arizona
Well sorry to disappoint you but sales were better this year than last.

Nov 17, 2013  from Colorado Springs, Colorado
Just and FYI Michaels doesnt carry Channukah items either. I went shopping for them today and was told they didn't carry Channukah items.
Reply to adrienne2013

Oct 23, 2013
Ooooo grow up!
I am an atheist and I shop any store if they carry what I need.
You want something jewish then go to an exclusive jewish store.

Oct 12, 2013  from Apache Junction, Arizona
You just mad because you know the stores owner is Christian. Many stores dont carry jewish items y dont u attack them. Your just mad because a lot of their merchsndise is Christian. Go somewhere else. I dont go to a jewish market and cry because there are no crucifixes. U just want something to complain about. Quit playing victim.
Reply to gina

Oct 06, 2013
Since when can a store not decide what they want to sell?.....I personally would NEVER complain about a store because they are not forcing me to shop there....If I shop somewhere and I do not like something about the store I simply go somewhere else...

PEOPLE ARE SPOILED.....they want what they want... period... and EXPECT it...For ANY store....if you do not like something about it....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE....MANY customers just cannot be pleased.......and stores know that....more and more stores are exhausted from trying to please people....

I own my business. This is how I know this....and I have PLENTY of business and am about ready to close because I am exhausted from trying to please SPOILED people who also can't afford what they want.....
Reply to Complaints

Nov 07, 2013  from Atlanta, Georgia
Oh I couldn't have said it better myself!
Reply to murphy

Jan 19  from Burlington, Wyoming
Exactly. SO many customers today have this twisted sense of entitlement. They assume that they can get absolutely anything they want, on sale at ridiculously cheap prices, and handed to them on a silver platter. They do act like spoiled brats.
The Hobby Lobby I work at has over 60,000 items at any given time not including the mountains of ever changing seasonal stuff.(And there WERE a few Channukah items also this year)
People expect us to have literally EVERYTHING. But harsh reality dictates that this unrealistic demand is impossible. Where do these people get these ideas? Television? Movies? A lifelong lack of parental guidance? The internet maybe?
"Just push this button, and ALL your wishes will be fulfilled." :grin
The bottom line is, that everything we purchase at any establishment, takes money, time, and effort to produce. It doesn't just materialize out of thin air. Even if it did, they are not all entitled to it immediately, in spite of temper tantrums.

Oct 04, 2013  from Pacific, Washington
Hobby Lobby hates Jews? What an outrageous statement. How many other stores carry this merchandise....are you also railing against them, because, having looked for items for Passover, this is true of most stores.
Reply to Karen

Read next Hobby Lobby complaint

Poor Service -No Detailed Receipt and No Tax...

I'm a teacher and tried to get my purchase tax exempt.Was told by manager that I needed a card of so...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Hobby Lobby.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug