• show-popup

Shares 0

HHGregg - Pissed off employee!!!

Company HHGregg
Product / Service Employee
Location Little Rock, Arkansas
Category Appliances and Electronics
Views 120

I would not recommend that any one work for this company.They are so ethically and morally wrong that can make a person speechless.

I have worked retail for a long time and I have never worked for a company that seemed to always be cheating their customers. The management sits back and makes fun of customers because they think they are getting a "deal" when a in all honesty there are no deals in this store. The change the manufactures suggested retail price just to make it seem like a good deal. I am an hourly paid associate that has been cut from 40 hours a week down to 24 all because sales are slow.

I am the only full time associate in my department but there is a male that is part time that get more hours than I do. When i question my manager about this he tells me that the other associate isn't getting more hours than me and not to worry. I have seen in this company that if your not a male than you don't seem to matter to this company.

I would not recommend anyone buy from them.I don't even buy from them I go across the street and buy from our competitor Sears. 308b554

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 17, 2013
I agree with the two other comments. HH
Gregg is as fair to women as they are to
men employees too. I have a friend in Florida
who works for them. She's been promoted
up more than once and now a store
manager. If you truly are a employee,
which I doubt, than you must not be a
good worker, poor attitude or want to be
on top without earning it. Just reading
some of these complaints are a big joke.
I never seen a company care so much
about their employees, along with extreme
training of knowledge of their products.
It's the old saying, you want something for
nothing, why should I wait, I'm deserving
now. My friend has told me HH Gregg goes
above and beyond in trying to please a
customer. It's just some people who are
rude and want to be way more compensated
than what they ever bought a product from
them that has a problem. No product you
purchased is a guaranty it's perfect. HH Gregg
doesn't make the products, but sales them.
Be adults, respectful. It's a company that's
been around since the 50's. You start at the
bottom and work your way up, as it should
be. Sounds old fashion to the younger
generation for sure, but you learn to
appreciate your job a lot more and do it
better. Sadly too many companies today
could care less and their constant turn
over rate
... Show more
Reply to HH Gregg Employee Friend

Nov 05, 2012
Hhgregg does have hourly employees, they are the csm's (cashiers) and warehouse associates.

@op, this is retail, during the non holiday times companies have to cut back on hours. As for someone else getting more hours than you, maybe their being more productive??? or its just regular company politics.

Also, your right the MSRP is listed to make the customer feel like their getting a good deal, but due to the internet customers know if their getting a good deal or not.
Reply to Another EX Hhgregg employee

Oct 25, 2012
At first I would understand you here, but in your complaint there are a few errors. I personally do not believe you work (or have worked) at hhgregg. Why? A few reasons, mainly: 1. Hhgregg employees are commissioned based, how could you possibly be hourly? This is the same no matter where you go!
2. The MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price)is NOT adjusted to try to and get sales through the door. The MSRP is set! Go to www.lg.com www.samsung.com www.whirlpool.com the MSRP on there is SET and the SAME as Hhgregg!
3. As I do know, Hhgregg is always placed near a competitor, but if you have worked there for as long as you said you have, you should've received a discount. Why go to Sears and buy everything at their price when you get it at cost?
Before you come onto a site and lie, remember there are other people out here reading these, try and stay with the truth!
Reply to An Hhgregg employee

Read next HHGregg complaint

delivery charge for sagging mattress

Purchased Serta iSeries king mattress set in September 2012 at the HHGregg store in Savannah, Georgi...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about HHGregg.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug