• show-popup

Location Canton, Michigan
Category Cosmetics and Toiletries
Views 2634
Monetary Loss

My daughter was buying gifts at the "Her Styler" ( www.herstyler.com )Kiosk at the Southland Center (Taylor MI). The sales person wasn't clear what the total was going to be and kept making repeated charges on her card (saying that they "were having problems with the machine"). What my daughter didn't realize until it was too late, was that all of the charges went through and she had ended up spending nearly $600.00 for a couple of straighteners and some other junk.

Of course, the manager's response was simply that they have a "no returns" policy.

Looking at the hand written receipt, I see that they charged her $380.99 for two straightening irons. What a ripoff.

Yea, the total was on the hand written receipt that was tucked into her bag as she left. That's how she found out what happened. 2ffad9c

Comments (38) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 38 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 11, 2013  from Superior, Wisconsin
Omg! That makes me mad! I worked for a place but selling hair extensions. She sold her styler shampoo and conditioner with an oil for 150.00. Amazon shampoo and conditioner is 2.80! And other prices also way lower . Also she sold cortex flat iron. About 190? The. Told me to act like I was giving a deal by saying OK...99.00 and its yours. I did love the iron but amazon has same... like the digital titanium... 89 or 69 on sale. But honestly. I love the cortex iron...just go on Amazon for all products. Way cheaper!
Reply to missy

Jul 21, 2012
pyt hair extensions are ***. I feel like I got scammed. I bought extensions and a straightener from them at a kisko in the fox
valley mall in aurora, IL. The lady talked me into buying hair extensions that don't even match my hair and she said that they have a life time warranty. when I got them home I tried styling them with my chi straightener. it was impossivle to style then with it. I went back to Try to exchange them for blonder extentions and I told them that the lady said I could exchange them whenever I wanted for new ones. They said they did not have blonder extensions and that only the clips have a life time warranty. I was PISSED. I told the manager about the misleading employee and he reassured me that he would fire the misleading employee and order me blonder extensions. he said that theIneeded a pyt straightener to straighten the extentions and said he would call me when blonder onescame in. its been a year and they haven't called. I visit monthly and the manager refuses to talk to me. I call, leave voicemails and never get a call back. I say the lady they said they fired there last night. and not to mention their straightener is *** too
it pulls out my hair and frys it. the free year of hair stying is also a lie too. they won't style it the way you want it and only do it to attract more girls into buying it. they flatter you into it because they.know every girl.like to be told their beautiful
Reply to ally

Jul 15, 2012
I purchased 2 Her Stylers and the Oil with Vitamin E. Total 300.00 from a Kiosk in Los Angeles. The sales person kept pushing more and more products on me and would not stop she started begging me just to try on hair extensions. I said NO- Her boss kept telling her push push I said what is your problem I liked the iron so much because she curled me hair so fast and so well and the oil was amazing. But once I got home it was not the same IRON at all or OIL. No you can not return the items I found out. I did not warranty my products I am not giving any more money.
Reply to Mary From Southern CA.

May 03, 2012
My friend and I bought our herstyler from the flat irons mall in co a couple years ago and I completely loved it! A few days ago mine broke
And not being too upset I thought I could go back to the colorful kitty
To get an Exchange for a brand new one ( since I was told I would have
A lifetime warranty). Little did I know that they no Longer work at that mall. There is now a new company selling them Called Royale. They didn't want to give me a new one but only sell me a more expensive one n pay the difference. Well of course why do I want to buy a new one when I'm supposed to get a brand new one. I also tried this at the colorful seasons kiosk in a diffrent mall. Same thing happened and theywanted me to pay. I called corporate at herstyler and still not luck just a snotty lady. What do I do now? Does colorful kitty still exist? I do not know where to contact them because every phone number I find no one answers. Do not buy from them. They are rip-offs and liars and overpriced. I will now probably be going to ulta to find me a new one. :cry
Reply to Horrible!!

Apr 18, 2012
Never ever trust them..i was in dufferin mall toronto..they pulled me curled my hair hich looked very beautiful, so i decided to buy the he said it costed 250 and since i was not ready to pay so much, i refused the product and wanted to go away , the he said he will giv it for 120$ with so many things free..so i bought it..but after i came home and checked the reviews i realized the straightner i bough was just $30 in other stores.Please dont buy from them..Tehy will talk to you so nicely that they will make you spend!! business tactics!!
Reply to Someone

Mar 29, 2012
Well i went to the mall and this lady pulled me and tried out this curling iron on me it curled my hair amazingly! She said she would give it to me with a flat iron for $300 and I was like great and thank god I didn't have money or else I would've bought then but after research I am really glad she also mentioned she was from Israel and was also working at a kiosk at dead sea and people say it is from the same company or something! So just watch out :?
Reply to Sania

Mar 17, 2012
YES DO NOT BUY FROM THESE FRAUDS! I got mine at the Brea mall here in California too, and I must say.. they are VERY PUSHY AND RUDE they are trying to rip everyone off and just make money. No customer satisfaction what so ever. They didn't even tell me it wasn't returnable before and after I bought it until I saw the receipt. I'm even part middle eastern and I was shocked to see them treet me so UNPROFESSIONALLY. I'm alot younger (20)than the IGNORANT and UNINTELLIGENT manager: ADAM.. that I feel VERY unhappy with the entire purchase they ARE LIARS! I hope Karma slaps them in the face before I do.
Reply to Chelsea

Feb 16, 2012
Hi everyone reading this!

Id like to.share some info with you... The reality is that the.wholesale price for.these irons is 10to 15 dollars ea.

So retailers can sell at very very different prices ,:/ and the same thing can be said of any other product under the sun....

So my advice is research research before u buy anything!!.... from toilet paper to a curling iron to a house....its only common sence.

Wise shopping to all!! 8)
Reply to lili

Jan 28, 2012
I too was taken by herstyler! I was at St. Clair mall at Fairview Heights,IL. with a friend.I later came home to find out I was charged 3 times what the very same iron can be purchased on amazon !!!! I believe in making a profit but this is totally crazy. How can a company take advantage of people like this????????
Reply to Beth

Jan 28, 2012
Reply to Beth

Jan 15, 2012
I was approached by a pushy sales woman at the Herstyler kiosk in Southland Mall yesterday. She used the straightener on my hair and it did amazing things. I asked her how much the straightener cost and she said the bigger one was $250 and the smaller one $200 but they were on sale that day only for $169 and $139 respectively. Luckily, my 3 year old daughter told me she had to pee and couldn't hold it, thus saving me from pushy sales lady. Because I was impressed by the product, I checked out amazon and found the same exact straightener for $28.00!! Amazing.
Reply to happyiwaited

Dec 14, 2011
if i would've known that they have the herstyler at amazon.com for less than $60, i would've NEVER purchased it from them, i'm going to go today and tell them if i can get a refund because i was obviously ripped off... i paid $150 for the baby curls curling iron and they have the 3p curling iron for around $55 ! UGH ! lesson learned !
Reply to Sol

Nov 28, 2011
I bought two of the pyt hairstylers, what a mistake! It is all a scam, please beware! I tried contacting pyt directly and you cannot even call! When you call the number the recording says to email them! Their email responses were incoharent and did not answer my question, which was was my dealer that I purchased this from an "authorized dealer" because when I registered online for my lifetime warranty,, It said I needed an authorized dealer stamp on my reciet for this to be valid, which of course there was no stamp on my reciet. I bought this hours away from my home, and the business had no phone! wow. what a scam, and my credit card company would not help because I received the product. DO NOT BUY THIS!!!!! Happy Holidays
Reply to Jo

Nov 22, 2011
Always check out amazon for any of your purchases. I have soooo many times found what I want on amazon much cheaper than any where else. They have herstylers for much cheaper too like half the price.
Reply to smart shopper

Sep 17, 2011
My daughter and I just left a Knoxville mall. While there, the girls at the Her styler kiosk caught us and curled my daughters hair with the baby curler. I agreed to buy the set that included the curler and 2 straighteners for $170. After I got my receipt, I looked at what the girl was putting in my bag and it didn't include the curling iron she used on my daughters hair...the one she was selling me, the one I agreed to buy. She did not demonstrate any other products on her so it was not a confusion it was an intentional scam. When I said I don't want that, I thought you were selling me the curler that you used on my daughter, they said sorry no refunds.
They also told me there is a lifetime warranty on these products.
I have had them for all of about 3-4 hours. Maybe they are good products, I would hope so for the price, but i would not recommend them for the simple fact that they conned me. Very, very disappointed with this company!
Reply to KH

May 27, 2011
I bought a zebra herstyler and it's a piece of ***. It never worked from day one, they wouldn't let me return it neither. The poeple selling this product is making a fool out of this company.
Reply to Julie

Mar 30, 2011
I got ripped off by Her Styler at Brea Mall in California. The receipt I signed for my credit card does not say to refunds. I tried to return after finding the exact products online at their website for 1/2 the price. The supposed owner was very rude and then tried to give me a $200 blow dryer for free to make up for it????? What a crock - don't shop at Her Styler in Brea Mall California - they are dishonest thieves!
Reply to Susanna

Mar 09, 2011
I bought a straightner december 15 from get it straight a branch off of herstyler in joplin missouri. i have had to replace the straightner 5 times since then. i went back to get the same one i had and they told me it was a limited edition so i got stuck with a different print. not only that they stated a 5 year warranty an i filled out my warranty card and its only for a year... i hate that plac. nobody should by from them
Reply to Cami

Jan 06, 2011
I think you all had bad experiences with deceptive sales people...but the product itself is AWESOME! I love it and Herstyler's customer service is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

PS: Its sad that the only people who go on these types of things are people who need a place to vent...
Reply to Karen

Dec 16, 2010
I bought a couple flat irons form the Colorful Kitty Kiosk at the Colorado mills mall a few years ago. I was told that it came with a lifetime guarantee. So when I took mine back because of a crack in the plate, they now had a new name. It is now called HerStyler. They just keep changing names so they don't have to honor the lifetime warranty. They are total scammers.
Reply to Stephanie

Read next HerStyler complaint

herstyler flat iron

I bought the Herstyler straightener at the "Her Styler" ( www.herstyler.com )Kiosk at the Quail Spri...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about HerStyler.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug