• show-popup

Location Portland, Oregon
Category Shopping
Views 3869
Monetary Loss

I was really happy shopping with Haute look until I realized that they are SCAM artists. I was purchasing some jewelry from H2 Hammerman and it was listed on their site as 56% off.

So just by chance I decided to check out the prices elsewhere, well GUESS what, the prices on Hautelook were inflated by 20% to 30% over even SAKS FIFTH AVENUE (regular not discount)..so instead of getting 50% off actually you are getting 20%.

They are INFLATING the price over what it is normally sold retail so that you think you are getting a bigger discount!!!! CHECK IT OUT people. THIS IS AN ILLEGAL PRACTICE. I caught them on this and let them know and they were extremely rude to me after I have spend thousands of dollars on their website 2d85286

Comments (83) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 83 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 22
I will buy most anything online to check it out, but jewelry, NEVER.
Reply to MissKim

Nov 23, 2013
This does not surprise me because I just wanted to look into their site but they wont let you unless you join first. This is an unscrupulous practice as they are trying to force people to join before people have had a chance to see if there is anything on their site that they would want to buy - I mean why would I join if I don't like their merchandise? Also, telling people they are getting 50% discount is a ploy if they are not listing the original price of the items. I fully agree with this writer that the site seems to be a scam - good on you for looking further and for telling people about it. We all need to be on our guard.

Nov 13, 2013  from Valdosta, Georgia
I am SO disappointed in Haute Look. I was so excited about ordering three Christmas gifts and just got three emails today that all three orders have been cancelled!!!! Go figure!
Reply to sandbridge8

Nov 13, 2013
They up the price and order it at a cheaper price and thats why it takes so long to receive an order from them!! Seems like a good deal untill its to late and you realize the item is junk or cheaper somewhere else and little did you know was marked as not refundable. Lol booo hautelook 3 orders not happy with one.

Nov 13, 2013
They really do scam you. Your paying for old cheap products. Look it up everything seems cheap and i bought the fall bag it looks like i went to the dollar store. Only difference is they charged me $20 for 11 items. :(

Dec 09, 2013
I just received a Louis Vuitton purse after waiting a month. Turns out the bag is counterfeit, and I'm sending it back! They said they don't know how it happened, but I don't believe it. If I hadn't caught it, by seeing a similar one on Ebay, I would've been ripped off! I'm just glad I'll get a refund for the entire purchase. I'll never shop there again. They're bad news...
Reply to Marcie

Oct 15, 2013
I absolutely LOVE haute look. They have outstanding Merchindise with great prices. Thats why Nordstrom partnered with them, They know a great thing when they see it.
Reply to Matthew

Oct 04, 2013
i absolutely LOVE haute look. ive been buying for 2 years. the clothes are amazing. no scam
Reply to tamsy13

Aug 07, 2013  from Chicago, Illinois
They ALL do that -- Gilt Definitely does all the time & others, like Fab -- and so do the big dept. stores (WAS: $X.XX. NOW ONLY: $X.XX) -- 1st of all, if you were happy w/ the merchandise at the price you paid, no one was scammed -- they can probably (maybe?) find one retailer that sells for that price or claim that it is mfr recommended sale price, which it could be (?) under some lame circumstance -- on GILT, I Always put a bigger-ticket item in my cart, then jet to Google to see what IRS selling for on Amazon, eBay or higher-fashion sites to get an idea - Not sure why you're so shocked - it's a common practice in retail - always has been, always will be -- it's up to you to better educated - they still have GREAT deals if you know how to shop well/smartly
Reply to Reality Cheque

Aug 07, 2013  from Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Their items are not legitimate. They are very cheap looking. Don't shop there.
Reply to Adri

Jul 21, 2013
Yeah, they were good before Nordstrom bought them out. Now they just suck and scam customers. Their customer service also went from a 10 to a negative 10.
Reply to Leila

Jul 04, 2013  from Salt Lake City, Utah
You have to be smart. I google the item before completely checkout the item.

Jun 27, 2013  from Utica, Michigan
Hey u all i ment Just Fab.com

Jun 27, 2013  from Utica, Michigan
Hey u all check out just gab there grrat

Jun 18, 2013  from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Total ***. I opened the mailing package to find a ripped bag that had obviously been opened and contained contained a shirt with a safety pinned tag claiming a brand that the item was not AND the shirt had obviously been worn- it stunk of cigarettes!
Reply to Julia

Jun 16, 2013  from Boston, Massachusetts
Saw Ad on TV and decided to check site out. Didn't like the fact that I had to register before I could even browse web site.....so I checked out reviews,glad l did. Thanks . I won't be shopping here, seems they care very little about customers. Will spend my money elsewhere . Thanks for the reviews.

Jul 13, 2013  from Rancho Cucamonga, California
They don't care about their customers. I returned an item, and they only refunded me half my money. When I tried to contact them, they kept putting me on hold saying that they are looking at my order and need just a moment. They said that for 50 minutes! I was on the phone for an hour and only talked to them for 2 minutes! I finally wrote a complaint, and am still waiting to hear back and get my money refunded. This is a Nordstrom's company, where did the customer service go?

Jun 11, 2013  from San Francisco, California
Thanks for this!! So glad I didn't register

Jun 05, 2013  from New York City, New York
I shop at Hautelook.com for many years! There are some great discounts and some are not. I have only one problem with their refund issues. All the time I need to call and chase for refund. This company does't like to give the money back so fast. One time it took me 5 weeks to get refund. Where in the world you can here that? Last week I was trying to call their customer services and there is only recording saying they will call you back.So far no one called. I try to chat online and it doesn't work either? Fun staff is going on with famous Hautelook. I send them e-mail last week and no sound from them.
I just do not understand what is going on with them after this company was bought by Nordstrom.
I want to share my shopping experience with others to make sure they avoid return hassle. If you think it may not fit you please do not buy, there are fees on return and unlimited wait time on refund.
Reply to maraonv1

May 31, 2013  from Chicago, Illinois
Word of advice for anyone THINKING about ordering from Hautelook....DONT! Not even worth me writing all this out but I want to say others who havent "experienced" Hautelook to stay away from them.

I placed a $90 order for makeup (The Balm) 3 weeks later, still dont have merchandise. Looking at my account, it showed it was shipped and delivered. I called, c/s rep said that the item couldnt have shipped as it hasnt been picked in the warehouse. Ok, fine. She said it should be a few more days and that the website will give me tracking info. About a week later (had been watching it daily) my order has a ship date of 5/24. As of today, I still dont have it. I called UPS (as they are easier to get through to, dont even get me started on how impossible it is to email, live chat or call Hautelook!) and UPS said the item was never shipped. The ETA for my item on UPS website was based on when the shipping label was created by Hautelook (5/24)

So I called Hautelook and was ready for them to tell me it shipped on 5/24. No, they said "apparently there seems to be no stock anymore. We are awaiting a possible shipment in a week, would you like me to cancel or keep your order" Obviously, cancel it.

This was my first order and based on google Hautelook reviews, never ever will I order again.

The excuse they gave me was the same excuses that others have experienced. Totally not worth the savings. Which, isnt that big of a savings
... Show more
Reply to Debbie

Read next Hautelook complaint

Hautelook Shipping Scam-Request Refund!

Did you know when you place additional Hautelook orders in December of 2009, and all the way until A...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Hautelook.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug