• show-popup

Company Harbor Freight
Location Salt Lake City, Utah
Category Shipping
Views 639

If you don't have a receipt, cause you lost it or the item was a gift, you are out of luck with Harbor Freight.Funny thing is when I said this will end my business with you, she said "Fine", I asked her for the manager, she says she is.

I know the manager, she is not. Is this customer driven? NO. The HF website doesn't even have a communicate option, makes you wonder...too many complaints?

Well, I for one will no longer do business with them.

FINE!HF can go ahead and do just fine deceiving others and lose my pitiful $3000 business, well that's what I have spent there until now. 2ffdec3

Comments (16) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jun 16, 2013  from Greeley, Colorado
See here's the deal. They don't give a *** because they don't pay enough to obtain or retain quality employees. The managers are incompetent and the business will continue to have a revolving door. :upset
Reply to Angus

Apr 05, 2013  from Syracuse, New York
This store in N Syracuse haves the worst manager I ever dealt with . Not only will I never spend anymore of my money here I will not allow any of my employee's to either. What happen to customer service and good management ! Just lost 38 customers including my self.
Reply to EX Customer From Syrscuse NY a

Apr 15, 2013  from Albuquerque, New Mexico
You are the idiots that shop there. They make crapy tools for crapy people anybody who cares more about saving a buck than their country should be shot as traitors
Reply to Yup

Mar 02, 2013  from Syracuse, New York
HFT doesn't have webchat, but you can contact them this way: Scroll down to the bottom of the HFT webpage, click on "Site Map", click on "Contact Customer Service", everything you could possibly want is listed, 800 number, mailing address, FAX, and e-mail links.

Mar 02, 2013  from Syracuse, New York
NOBODY ACCEPTS RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT. NOT EVEN WAL-MART.
SO WHY ARE YOU EVEN COMPLAINING?
Thank you for not wanting to do business with HFT, since customers like you drive up prices for customers like me.

Feb 18, 2013
Lifetime warranty on most tools WITH RECEIPT advertised all over their store and on the website. :x
Reply to Duh

Oct 07, 2012
I bought a compressor a week ago on my credit card. It was a pos!!! Took it back today without the receipt. They wouldn't,t even exchange it for a different compressor.
Reply to Anthony Veglia

Mar 19
That's because you don't have a receipt. If it was a week ago, how is it that you still have your credit card but not your receipt? They don't want your credit card, they want your receipt. It's the paper that says what you bought and when you bought it. Your credit card doesn't have that on it. Your one week ago testimony isn't really proof of purchase.
Should a guy who bought a Harbor Freight compressor a year ago at a garage sale have the same right to return it without a receipt as you expect? What if he says he got it a week ago? :cry

Sep 09, 2012
Dollar tree is even worse they has a no return at all and its not shown anywhere in the store except on the back of the receipt after you has payed for the items
Reply to Chris

Mar 19
I'm guessing that Dollar Tree isn't raking in a ton of cash per item at that price point. Most people would be willing to risk $1.00 on their return policy. If you have a receipt, they will exchange a defective item for you. Sorry for your loss.

Aug 21, 2012
Why would you not shop anywhere where they require a receipt? That's sketchy... It's really not that difficult to keep a receipt, and makes everything a lot easier for everyone. People feel so entitled to get whatever they want but fail to see that companies have certain policies for certain reasons. Quit being dramatic and just have 1 spot to keep your receipts in case something happens.
Reply to Person

Jul 19, 2012
Almost all stores now require a receipt because people will shoplift or buy online and attempt to return for more cash. A lot of places (Best Buy, Target, Walmart, among others) will only let you do a certain number of returns per year without. Some will also scan the back of your drivers license too.

Best advice is if you think you're going to return something, keep the receipt. Otherwise, you're either out of luck, or getting much less back than you paid for.
Reply to TDW

Mar 19
I'm like 60 years old and this may surprise you but stores have always required receipts since the 50's but apparently some people can't grasp that. There are rare exceptions like "Macy's", but if you are willing to pay $95 for a t-shirt, I'm sure they can afford to cover a few fraudsters without receipts. A few other companies have advertised stupidly lenient return policies usually just prior to their going out of business. It's a retailer's sign of desperation.
I maintain a plastic storage container about the size of a shoe box and I throw all my receipts from my wallet into it. That way I can always find them and don't need to claim that the store and the workers are evil and incompetent because I lost my receipt and tried to blame it on them. :cry :cry :cry

Jul 19, 2012
WITH ALL THE SHOP LIFTING A LOT OF COMPANIES WILL NOT TAKE RETURNS WITHOUT A RECEIPT. TARGET WILL DO IT WITH A DL A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIMES A YEAR. BEST BET IS TO SAVE YOUR RECEIPT.
Reply to ANONYMOUS

Jul 12, 2012
Thanks for the warning. Consider your input helpful, and your advice taken. I will not shop at a company that requires a receipt to return a product.
Further, please be warned that the Target store chain operates this way, too. I will indeed no longer shop there, and wish to warn you about their inability to help customers wishing to return product there.

Mar 19
My question to you would be...
Well then, where will you shop?
Who offers a refund or a lifetime exchange without a receipt? :grin

Read next Harbor Freight complaint

POOR MANAGEMENT/BAD SERVICE

I went to my local store in Utica to return a $20 tool belt that I received as a gift.The cashier as...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Harbor Freight.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug