• show-popup

Location Mobile, Alabama
Category Customer Service
Views 124
Monetary Loss

We purchased a sectional, recliner, and ottoman from Hanks and was told by the salesperson, Adam that it was 100% leather including the backs and sides of each piece.He also stood on the furniture and told us it had a lifetime warranty on each piece.

About 6 months ago we started noticing peeling, fraying, and exposed backing once the material fell off. We went to the store, talked to Adam and was told to complete a warranty/repair form. Also to return it to the office manager. We completed the forms attached pictures of damage and return it to the OM.

She told us she would call us back by Mon. Aug.5, 2013, she failed to do so. We went back to the store on Tuesday and we asked what was going on with our claim. We where asked did we purchase a warranty we said no.

We were told that the manufacturer told them it was leather and basically nothing they could do about our furniture and that they would talk to the manager when he returns to work.

they also said they would call us in a week, yeah right!!!I called today, manager has been out of the store for the last two days.We feel deceived, ripped off and robbed. 30b4874

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 27, 2013  from Jonesboro, Arkansas
I went through the exact same thing paid over $3000 for a " Italian Leather " sectional, Recliner, & ottoman that was a piece of junk and fake. Purchased extra warranty plain that the salesman tole me would cover absolutely anything my kids or pets could do to it which was a blatant lie & that they would come to my house to fix it ( another Lie) .
I feel sorry for anyone who buys anything there.
Reply to ktwins

Aug 09, 2013  from Gulf Breeze, Florida
This company is an absolute loser. As has been previously posted on this site, the promise you the moon and deliver on nothing. We ordered a dining table and 6 chairs back in January. The table came in Feb, and 5 of the 6 chairs were finally delivered at the end of June, 2013 after 3 previously promised delivery dates. The 6th chair was mysteriously damaged in the warehouse. It is now August 9, 2013, and still no 6th chair in sight. Customer service is non-existent at Hank's Furniture in Pensacola, FL. They will not give me a refund as this furniture was a "special order". Some special order - a BIG RIP OFF is what this whole experience has been. I see store bankruptcy in this company's future due to lack of service and unfulfilled promises! Someone should post a sign outside this store front to warn people!!!
Reply to Frustrated customer

Dec 27, 2013  from Mobile, Alabama
Hi, so what are we going to do to keep this from happening to others?
Reply to Anonymous

Read next Hanks Fine Furniture complaint

Repair

For the second time I have gotten a piece of garbage called a divan recliner from Hank's.The first t...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Hanks Fine Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug