• show-popup

Product / Service Pro-Active
Location Holland, Michigan
Category Health and Beauty
Views 699

I will never order through Guthy-Renker again.I have tried multiple times to cancel my order through them for Pro-Active and some vitamins that I never received but they keep telling me that there is nothing I can do.

I now have to change my credit card information so that I can stop the charges against my account. THEY ARE AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!! My account was overdrawn and they just keep saying to refuse product when it is delivered but the products have never even been delivered.

Does anyone know what can be done to stop this from happening to someone else?The customer service department is a joke. 305fe61

Comments (51) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 51 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 17, 2013  from Brevard, North Carolina
This company has never been honest and never will be honest to anyone...i used to workfor them and believe this...if u think they treat their customers like ***....they treated us employees worse especially if we spoke up. I also noticed when i got my w2, that they cheated me out of comission by hundreds of dollars. Good thing i was advised to keep track of every penny. They train you to lie and apologise repeatedly and dont put care in customers requests. Tell everyone you know not to buy any product video or excercise equip from this company...boycott it. And btw their employees are not screened for ur cc info...so no back ground checks they hire anyone! And ttheir call centers are in Brevard,NC. And Covinton,LA. And India. Spread the word.
Reply to peopleagainstthieves

Nov 15, 2013
To me! I will never do bussiness with Proactive watch your credit card balance.
Reply to Nene

Jun 24, 2013  from San Francisco, California
I was totally ready for that to be a *** show, but I just called them and told them clearly that I didn't want the product, never ordered it, I wanted to return it for a full refund and cancel any future shipments.

They immediately said sure, we'll send you a shipping label and then refund your money, and you won't receive any further shipments.

I think the number of complaints they were getting must have made them stop scamming people, but I'll come back and let you know if it doesn't work out...
Reply to EasyPeasy!

Sep 12, 2013  from San Francisco, California
Did it work out for you? Did you get the refund and were you charged any additional amounts after the cancellation?
Thanks :)
I found myself in the same boat as many people here and hope dealing with them won't be too terrible. Guess lesson learned the hard way.
Reply to CostlyMistake

Mar 28, 2013  from Washington, District Of Columbia
Call the 18008133552 number. Tell them taking the pills makes you nauseous. They will transfer you and ask a bunch of questions: how long did you take it, how long did it make you nauseous, when did you stop, are you taking any other prescriptions (I refused to answer that one), etc. Then they cancelled my account and sent me a return shipping label to return the second pack of vitamins that I received. They say they will credit my account when I return that shipment. It was not had to cancel at all.
Reply to Vitacleared

Nov 17, 2013  from Brevard, North Carolina
Never give them personal info there are NO doctors nurses or any experienced person. Its just another employee acting like aexpert. I wrkd there. They got 50cents more and they sat right next to us we just transfered ur call.
Reply to peopleagainstthieves

Feb 12, 2013  from Davis, California
I too, ordered the 30 day free trial and called to cancel any future shipments about a month ago but yet the next month they charged me $47. I called again to find out what is going on and apparently just because i cancelled one product, the other does not get cancelled even though they are in the same order. I asked or a refund and they said to send it back as soon as i get it and that i would get my money back MINUS the shipping cost, and on top of that i had to pay to ship it BACK to them. This is outrageous, any other company would refund the shipping also and in order to keep the consumer happy. Guthy Renker is a money hungry company that needs to be shut down, obviously there are a huge number of unhappy costumers and nothing is being done. This is not just a matter of money even though i am a poor college student, this is a matter of principle. They're taking advantage of their customers and ripping us off. END GUTHY RENKER NOW.
Reply to upset

Jan 31, 2013  from Huntington Beach, California
DO NOT ORDER THE FREE TRIAL!
I currently have tried canceling this product 4 times and have been billed every time, had to change my account information even! & still they sent me to collections for a product I never received
Reply to sscederquist

Oct 31, 2012
Same has happened with me, I filed an official complaint with BBB (Better Business Bureau) and they got me a full credit refund, I suggest to everyone to do the same. We need to put these type of "scam" companies out of business
Reply to John

Sep 20, 2012
vitaclear vitamins (c/o guthy renker) has also tried charging me for a 2nd bottle that i returned and have been charge with and now it is in the hands of a collection agency ( sko brenner american, inc. ). as i am in the process of resolving this issue, VV has told me that it is out of their hands and thewy cannot resolve this issue regarding this outstanding debt, and have just refered back to the collections.
it is my understanding that VV has their own in-house collections agency, and this is their way of receiving payments. why else would they say we cannot help you and try to work it out with the agency .... Its A Scam. call and dont be afraid to explain your side of the story and Demand an explainaton and research to when a product has been returned and not received, that is their excuse. i told them, "if you can track an item and kno that i received it, and can do tha same if i resent this package and it got back to your facility and has been returned unopened". stand up customers and dont take this abuse. :)
Reply to harrison

Sep 18, 2012
Horrible , horrible!!! Charging ppls card without permission... BURN IN ***!!!
Reply to SCAM

Sep 08, 2012
I am sorry but, no offence to anyone but, why would you give your card number for FREE vitamins. Obviously they are not FREE and there is a catch!
Reply to Kim

Sep 07, 2012
I had the same issue with them still charging me over and over even though I had returned the product. When months later they still had not given me a refund I filed a complaint with the BBB. And guess what? Got a refund for everything except 8 dollars in shipping two days later. Good luck on yours.
Reply to Allison

Jul 17, 2012
Do not sign up for the free 30 day trial!!!! Ive called and cancelled this product three times!!! What a mess!!! I got the free trial when I signed up online for proactive, I cancelled my proactive account a few weeks later because I could no longer afford it thinking the vitamins were cancelled at the same time because they were listed on my proactive account right next to my proactive kit, Ithought that was it, done deal. Right? Nope!! I get charged a few weeks later 47.57 and sent more vitamins when I called this time they said that I can't cancel the vitamins through proactive and I had to do so through vita clear so I did and I told them to take my billing information off my cancelled account and they said if I send back the vitamins they'll send me a check in the mail, a month later I got a letter saying I was past due on a payment and I owe them 59.90, when I called totally confused they said that it was a mistake I don't owe them anything a month after that I received another letter saying this was my second past due notice, afraid of this going to collections and ruining my credit I called them again and they said that I had owed them for the vitamins that they sent me ( the ones that they already charged me for by debiting my bank account) but that I don't owe them anymore because they just received the vitamins I sent back and that they'll debit my account back the cost of the vitamins... What?!?? So confused everytime I call I'm told something different, what an... Show more
Reply to JJudah

Jul 17, 2012
I have been receiving Vitaclear for months and months after agreeing to the offer through my Proactiv order.
I cancelled my account by calling 1-800+813-3552. When you get your shipment the number is located on the invoice.
The lady I spoke to was really nice and she confirmed that I cancelled on time before the next expected charge/shipment on 7/25/12.
I hope this helps anyone who is confused.
Vitaclear is a nightmare on a person’s bank account and I wouldn't recommend Vitaclear to anyone especially people struggling to make ends meat!
I hope this helps someone.
Reply to Amanda

Jul 06, 2012
I'm getting charged also, even though I canceled. Now I barely have enough to live off of. :(
Reply to Devin

Jun 28, 2012
I called to cancel almost immediately after I received the free trial. They tried to get me to postpone the next shipment for a couple of months. I just told the woman that no, I did not want to do that, I wanted to cancel. She stopped her sales pitch and canceled it for me. It was easier than I expected. Now I just have to watch my bank statement and cross my fingers... Good luck to the rest of you experiencing this nightmare of the not so "free" trial.
Reply to Kelly

Jun 01, 2012
Question: I am also going through the exact same thing as everyone here is describing. I am so angry, I can't get refunded and continually am getting charged. I decided to change my credit card number so they can not charge me anymore, but I am worried about legalities with this. I have cancelled three times with them and they tell me I will get a confirmation email and I never get it. I feel like I have no proof that I cancelled and am worried the company will come back to me with all these collector fees. Anyone else worried about this or have any suggestions? Any advice would be helpful!
Reply to Megan

May 09, 2012
We cancelled ours a while back and proactiv refunded us but vitaclear keeps taking $ out of the account. I cancelled with them forever ago and they keep doing this! I don't understand how they can keep taking $ out when i sent back what they sent a month ago and haven't recieved anything else.
Reply to Ashley

Apr 17, 2012
ok i just called them a few ago, and not much better, once again they claim to wait 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks will be next sunday. they also said ....basically in so many words ... that they never received the shipment i sent back. and unfortunatly i guess i threw out the confirmation number or stuck it somewhere and cant find it. lmao. silly me. NOT that it will help anyway, im sure theyll still keep billin me even if they had it noted that they received it. total rip off, they gonna be real upset when people start suing them. which is what we should all do! since guthy renker runs proactiv, i bet they do the same thing with proactiv products. therefore i just cancelled my proactiv account as well just incase. but in long run, im going to do what a lot of you have done ... if i dont receive refund by monday, im getting a new bank account. hate to do that since alot of my bills automatically come out of account but oh well. LESSON LEARNED!!!!!! :(
Reply to lynn (again)

Read next Guthy Renker complaint

Wen Hair Care

Please do not send me any more Wen Hair Care, this is my second request, when I am out of a product,...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Guthy Renker.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug