• show-popup

Shares 0

Handicap sister in law missed Greyhound bus due to her disability

• by   Dec 31, 2013
  • 4 comments
  • Review #: 467793
Company Greyhound
Product / Service Bus Ticket
Category Ground Transportation - Trains, Buses
Views 32

I have been dealing with Greyhound for many years and sister in law takes bus from group home to pa.We missed bus due to her disability and getting her ready and Greyhound would not refund or give us a future ticket for that one way, so I had to drive her 3.5 hours home and then drive back.

I will now drive to NJ to have her get the NJ transit bus.

It may be a little inconvenient but the bus fare is 3.50 verses the 118.00 and it takes her directly to cherry hill, NJ.I think Greyhound now stinks and being in Real Estate I will never refer that bus company to anyone!!! 2f0f08b

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 05  from Pennsauken, New Jersey
The world at large does not have to make major adjustments to accommodate a handicapped person. Reasonable accommodation is the standard. Surely your relative would have been able to get on the Greyhound had she been there on time. There are some deaf people who think everyone else should put up with them pumping up the volume so they can hear their radio or TV. But it is the other way around. Deaf people should put on earphones and THEN raise the volume so it affects only them. There was once a long haired president who hogged a runway at an airport and made a lot of people have to be delayed all so his handicap of long hair could be accommodated. The handicapped should not overly burden others and think the special treatment they think they deserve should inconvenience others to no end. It should inconvenience others not one iota whatever.
Reply to Hooknose McGee

Feb 14
You're totally ignorant!!!!
Reply to rnapp

Dec 31, 2013
It isn't Greyhound's fault that your sister in law missed the bus. It is her fault and the fault of whoever is her care giver. When people have to be someplace at a certain time, they have to start getting ready early enough to insure that they will get to their destination on time. I don't see why Greyhound should reimburse you for anything, being it isn't their fault. The fact that your sister in law is disabled shouldn't have anything to do with the matter, there is still a matter of personal responsibility, no matter what type of disability a person has. It is a matter of starting to get ready early enough.
Reply to anonymous

Feb 14
You're a little better, but not very considerate.
Reply to rnapp

Read next Greyhound complaint

Wouldn't allow me to reprint a lost ticket...

I was only allowed to print my ticket at the greyhound terminal - I couldn't purchase by my credit c...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Greyhound.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug