• show-popup

Location Salt Lake City, Utah
Category Home Construction and Repair
Views 4330
Monetary Loss

Granite Transformations, a company that installs composite granite countertops, does not appear to be a reputable company.They sold me countertops using a new sink and faucet as an incentive.

When installed no one bothered to check clearence of the new faucet and I can no longer open my window blinds above my sink. I was also mislead on the faucet (cheaper brand installed than in sales pitch). The number of seams in the counter product were also a misrepresentation and the counter product is dull looking.

Of course, after payment was made the firm refused back its product or sales promises.Watch Out! 3046a4d

Comments (87) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 87 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 18, 2013  from Wichita, Kansas
I love my granite countertops from granite transformations!! Years later they still look brand new.
Reply to JB

Nov 16, 2013
I would not recommend this company! I received an estimate to do my bathrooms and to my surprise, it was almost TWICE as expensive as real granite, with less color choices and appears to look cheap and fake. When calling to cancel my upcoming job, they told me that I could not have my deposit of over $1200 back! I was asked to sign my contract ONLY to verify my color choices, number of sinks needing to be replaced and number of new faucets and finish that needed to be ordered. I was never informed of any such cancellation policy, which by the way was printed on the back of the second page of the estimate (very sneaky), until after I called the sales office to cancel. I would have made the call the previous evening but they were closed and I wanted to speak with someone directly. At this point, the only thing that GT did was give me an estimate based on initial approximate measurements. Once I made the initial call to cancel and was told I couldn't have my money back, I told them they were not keeping my money...they would end up doing some other work that was quoted instead. They then informed me that if that ended up being the case, they would increase the dollar amount of the other work previously quoted. After the inital cancellation call was made, I could not reach anyone in the office to speak with the entire day after several attempts. Consequently, I put a stop payment on my check deposit and will now look for some real granite to be installed by a reputable,... Show more
Reply to bugaboo

Mar 03  from Murray, Utah
This is a blatant lie . I'm sorry you must have the wrong company . We only do business with people who want to do business with our company regardless of the 3 day policy which by the way is posted in big bold black ink on the very front of our contract. The only way we would have disputed refund amount is if customer cancelled after product was ordered and even then we would have worked out a resolution mutually beneficial. Its obvious that the intent of this post by the tone and maliciousness is try and damage our reputation. I hope readers will understand that we have thousands of satisfied customers who actually used our products and services and will gladly vouch for the quality.
Reply to GTSLC owner

Oct 26, 2013
please think twice before using this company located in TN the product is ok but the installation team suck :(
Reply to bub

Oct 03, 2013
I called the 800 number to complain and was told to pay the balandce owed before they
could help. The backsplash mosaic tiles are crooked and the installer said that was the way it's made. He would not remove or replace it. This cost me $60 per sq ft and Home Depot now sells real granite for $35 sq ft here. The drawers under the top have to be openend from the bottom there is no room above the drawer. I do not recomend them for any job!

Debbi, Florida
Reply to Anonymous

Oct 02, 2013  from Chattanooga, Tennessee
My experience with Granite transformations was quite pleasant. I had new counter tops , new backsplash, new bathroom counter tops x two and trendz glass installed in my shower. The consultant i dealt with was professional , courteous and very helpful in fulfilling my needs. I am in Chattanooga Tn i dont know if geography really matters in the service and quality of work but i do know that i am extremely pleased with my product and with the service.
Reply to bravo37

Oct 26, 2013
You must have had another installation team because the one that did our condo in Fairfield Glade was terrible. They were there until after 9:30 p.m. and the backslash did not meet the counter and were it did it was chipped and cracked. Then the owner said he would sue us when he didn't receive the check within 3 business days, I sent it via my bank but he hadn't receive it when the phone calls started.
Reply to anonymous

Oct 01, 2013  from Las Vegas, Nevada
Our kitchen remodel counters-n-cabinet experience with Las Vegas based Granite Transformations – we initially came across Granite Transformations at a recent Home Expo show and arranged an in-home demonstration/estimate of their products a few days later. Representative (who was not present at the Expo/older guy with gray hair and a southern accent) arrived on time while revealing his lack of courtesy by parking his truck in a manner, which completely blocked our driveway. Expecting his arrival front door was opened without him having to announce his arrival using the doorbell as his hands were full tooting several cases.

Upon entering the representative failed to introduce himself thus his name remains unknown. Without asking where he may set-up his cases to display his products he proceeded into the kitchen and laid a case on the kitchen counter placing it on top of a kitchen towel instead of moving the towel or allowing us to remove the towel to accommodate the placement of his case of tile samples.

The representative proceeded in showing and explaining his products, processes and philosophies indicating that a paper template would be utilized for measurements – indicating that he didn’t have a laser measuring system to precisely take measurements because they were a “small” company it was “cheaper” to measure counter tops utilizing paper templates instead of utilizing a laser system while errors resulting from paper template measurements such
Reply to Our experience

Oct 01, 2013  from West Berlin, New Jersey
Dear Our experience from Las Vegas,

I wanted to take a moment to address your two main concerns:

1. Your presentation. I am sorry for the experience you had with the representative from the company. We try to make every design experience fun and exciting to help you get the kitchen or bathroom you've wanted at a price you can afford. We try to only hire professionals who are personable, knowledgeable, friendly and punctual. Despite our best efforts, occasionally we get personalities that don't mesh well. If that ever happens, please feel free to contact us to see what we can do to make it right. We could always send another designer out.

2. Our practices. We are not a small company. We have locations around the world in the US, Canada, England, Ireland, Italy, South Africa & Australia and are nearing one million installations. You are dealing with a global leader in home remodeling. All our practices have been developed and refined over the past 14 years to get you the best installation in the quickest time with the least cost and disruption. I'm not sure why you are hung up on a dealers templating technique. Laser templating is no panacea for flawless or even more precise installations. Our templating technique has been around for decades and is a proven method for delivering precise measurements to our fabricators to make sure your surfaces fit like a glove. If an individual dealer thought laser templating would help them be

Oct 01, 2013  from West Berlin, New Jersey
Dear Our experience from Las Vegas,

I wanted to take a moment to address the two main concerns in your post:

2. Our practices. We are not a small company. We have locations around the world in the US, Canada, England, Ireland, Italy, South Africa & Australia and are nearing one million installations. You are dealing with a global leader in home remodeling with us. All our practices have been developed and refined over the past 14 years to get you the best installation in the quickest time with the least cost and disruption. I'm not sure why you are hung up on a dealers templating technique. Laser templating is no panacea for flawless or even more precise installations. Our templating technique has been around for decades and is a proven method for delivering precise measurements to our fabricators to make sure your surfaces fit like a glove. If an individual dealer thought laser templating

Nov 04, 2013
I just love how you say that you guys have 'developed' and 'refined' your practices over the past 14 years. I have read nothing but bad reviews about this company on many different blogs. If you want to 'refine' you practices, then, instead of sitting on the internet trying to defend your companies protocol, get out there and actually fix the problem with your franchise owners so you won't have to defend them on blogs. By the way, when defending your companies, don't become condecending in your replies. That only proves that the all the people with their negative encounters with your franchises are right in saying their comments and that you are truly living up to the expectations of Granite Transformations… Way to go BOB :grin
Reply to Anonymous

Aug 14, 2013  from Auburn, Alabama
I was fooled also. Had the same problems with quality that I read above. I was dumb enough to to check quality comments from others in advance. Live and learn.
Reply to Al

Aug 07, 2013  from London, England
:( would not recommend this company
Reply to jockie

Jul 01, 2013  from San Diego, California
anyone have any experience with the San Diego/ Escondido offices???
Reply to On the Fence/

Jun 29, 2013  from Ellenton, Florida
I agree with above complaint and I am equally disappointed in management and installers' lack of quality workmanship.

After they get paid, they are slow at returning to fix issues such as crooked backdrop, seams that are very clearly visible, uneven grout lines, overlap of counter top granite in bathrooms, workers stayed until 1:30 in the morning after being hours late arriving with no phone call. If it hadn't been for the plumber, I'd have known nothing: bad communicators.

I wish I hadn't chosen this company. My neighbors warned me, but I chose this anyways.
Reply to Bonnie

May 24, 2013  from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
OK cheap way to go was not what I found..my kitchen was 7,000 but I didn't want to replace counter tops or cabinets and I have a great pub table that they went over for me and made it match counters. I LOVED it but now 6 yrs later I am p/o that the very costly faucet leaks and a piece is broken off and its a Moen to the tune of 600.00 and the "granite" is always dull looking but thats OK I don't mind that, what I mind is I get a black film no matter how many times I clean it. I am afraid to prepare food on it and one side left of the sink had to be reglued but it is raising a bit now and when you and that section looks pitted ...I am VERY upset also that the wonderful farm style stone sink has a chip in it...yes I have some regrets but I will also say it is the best alternative to ripping out older cabinets and replacing counter top because granite slabs are extremely heavy..
Reply to ljf3016

Sep 03, 2013  from West Berlin, New Jersey
We use Moen faucets because they have a lifetime warranty. If something broke on it, simply call us at 888-484-3969 and we can help you with the model you purchased. You can also call 800-BUY-MOEN and they will send you what you need to fix the faucet for free.

The sinks we use also have a life-time or 15 year warranty on them, so if something chipped call us and we will see what we can do to fix it for you.

A film on the granite is just a cleaning issue. Our granite is maintenance free so if soap and water isn't doing the trick, try ammonia based Windex to cut through any residue that may be left behind. The granite is a very hard and smooth surface, so any cooking residue will sit on top and be noticeable.

If you ever have any problems, just call us and we will be happy to help you out 888-484-3969

May 15, 2013
I work at the plant that makes GT products. I need to keep my job but here is what I know. Complaints are very very high. This product in my opinion is not safe. The tops with recycled glass will loose small pieces over time pieces in stock will have pieces missing and we fill the holes with hot glue. So dont prepare food on it. And a lifetime warranty forget about it.....it will never happen. Why would they give away their car payment. Real granite is alot cheaper now per sq ft than this ***. And working here is horrible they have no care for your family or if you have emergency. I now am looking for other work maybe we go soon.
Reply to sebring plant employee

Jan 16, 2013  from Lowell, Michigan
Anyone in Grand Rapids, MI area have any feedback about local installers?
Reply to Sally

Jan 12, 2013  from Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Had these counters two years now? Very disappointed with fit and finish. Lots of seams and finish is dull, especially where edges were cut. Selected one color and there were two distinctly different shades supplied and installed. Part of one counter had a top of the wrong size and thickness. The management is very difficult with regard to resolving these problems after they already have been paid in full. I would not recommend them.
Reply to jay2013

Read next Granite Transformations complaint

I had a good experience with them

We had a master bath done by Granite Transformations in Maryland and they covered all our old tile a...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Granite Transformations.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug