• show-popup

Location Greenville, South Carolina
Category Appliances and Electronics
Views 223
Monetary Loss

I just put new 4 ton heat pump 15 seer from Goodman.
This is a junk almost 4 weeks not heat,many parts had to replace still no good. Thay will not give you a new unit. make you freez.
Goodman will tell you dealer has responsebility. but dealer will not help you. delay and delay. use 300kw per day if heat pump is on!!!
almost burn the house down. do not buy From Goodman , if you are minolity.
it get worse like me no responce.
spend more mony to buy from other.
Even unit is working my old unit had beeter heat than this.
low heat out put, high electric bill. cheep product.They will treat you bad. Goodman !!!what is good????
30b3b4a

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 23, 2011
am a consumer of a Goodman heat pump who as had enough of the poor quality product that Goodman is making. I say this because i just had to purchase a new unit after 4 years ($2800) I went with a Rudd. It is time to hold this company accountable for what they are doing to consumers, stay turned I will find a attorney who will take this case. It is "TIME WE MAKE A STAND AND DO SOMETHING" Enough is enough.

My unit was worked on more that 7 times in the past 4 years from everything from reversing valves, to bad welds inside the unit ,to a bad condenser coil , now my compressor is bad. I don't hold my installer at fault,nor there suppler, it starts with GOODMAN they made it, the suppler sells it, and the installer installs it. They had no part in making it ,Goodman did ,they built the junk and expect us to roll over and take it and cut our losses not no more. If we all stand together what do we have to lose. 18dc222
Reply to Jbrown1202

Aug 24, 2011
stay away from the goodman units. All parts are bad. We;re having ours replaced and its only 5 years old. Bad news.
Reply to angie

May 12, 2011
I'm a licensed HVAC contractor in the Houston area who occasionally sells
Goodman equipment and I can honestly say that Goodman is just as Good as any other brand, they use the exact same compressor as Carrier, Rheem or Trane, same for all the other misc parts such as fan motors, capacitors, relays ect.. ect.. are all the same and are usually made in China or Mexico.
the key to a long lasting HVAC system is having it installed by someone who knows what they're doing then having it serviced atleast once a year in the spring and preferably once in the fall to. Also be aware that there is NO manufacture's warranty when you purchase equipment over the internet
if there's a warranty it's thru the company that sold you the unit.

Steve Spears
Spears AC & Heating TACLB 27674E
Reply to Steve

Read next Goodman Manufacturing complaint

Gooman heat pump

I put new goodman heat pump ssz14 unit.SINCE DAY 5 I had any problems with unit such as not heat eno...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Goodman Manufacturing.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug