• show-popup
Shares 0

My beautiful dog dropped dead from GNC Calming tablets

Company GNC
Product / Service Gnc Calming
Location Omaha, Nebraska
Category Pet Medicine
Views 91
Monetary Loss
Pinterest @pissedconsumer

Gave my dog 3 wafers (she was 83#) of GNC calming tablets.In an hour she dropped dead on the floor.

She had been running and playing in the yard before that. She had hypothyroidism most of her life and was well treated with Soloxine tablets. I called GNC Safety and Customer Service and they told me "They don't test their products against any medications for adverse reactions or underlying conditions such as hypothyroidism. Why then is there no CAUTION or WARNING label on this product at least telling customers that they don't test so they can call their vets.

Natural?I would re-label "Dog-Killing Tablets." If their attitude was at all sympathetic (they won't even refund my money), I could at least have a shot at healing instead of crying. 2ea8b44

  Comments (10) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
Please keep the topic of messages relevant to the subject. Personal attacks will be deleted. No links or scripts.

Dec 29, 2013  from Overland Park, Kansas
Im sorry but this one is on you. A pet owner should NEVER treat their animal with any type of medication especially over the counter stuff without first consulting the animals vet. But either way im very sorry for your loss.
Reply to fckbigbusiness

Dec 29, 2013 
My vet said they were fine. Sorry you don't get to just be a mean ***
Reply to Tcjayne

Dec 03, 2013  from Puposky, Minnesota
GNC stands for Good Night Cur!
Tcnayne, it's only fair that you take the rest of the bottle and "relax."
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 03, 2013 
Ha Ha Ha! Go join the dog! Lawdy, I hope this person is not breeding.
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 03, 2013 
OMG, you're one of those! You're actually blaming the lack of warning label on something for your stupidity and your error of not asking the Vet first! YOU GAVE YOUR DOG SOMETHING TO INGEST AND YOU HAD NO CLUE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. Welp, you surrre know now, dontcha?! Wow, people are dumb
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 03, 2013 
Duh! Just because something is 'natural' does not mean it is okay to give your dog 3. You Killed your dog!
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 03, 2013  from Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Actually - I was going to say....the pills actually work..very calming indeed. Is it possible you mis-dosed doggy? Don't confuse Animal and Human safety standards....
Reply to LTCC

Dec 03, 2013  from Crystal River, Florida
Absolutely no chance of misdose. Gave her 3
Reply to Anonymous

Dec 03, 2013 
hm, that 'absolute no chance of misdose' killed your dog. Because it would have been dosed different or not at all had you been responsible and taken your beautiful do to the Vet. Good thing you were not dog-sitting someone else's pet - you would be sued, and rightfully so!
Reply to Anonymous

Read next GNC complaint

GNC employee - Disgusted with company

I work for GNC as a sales associate. I am finishing my degree in food science at a university, so I...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about GNC.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug