• show-popup

Category Appliances and Electronics
Views 12
Monetary Loss
$2000

We bought this refrigerator on a recommendation during a remodel 6 years ago.My warning to you is about buying GE appliances.

Two months after the warranty expired, the fan circulating cold air through the unit broke. Eight months later the inverter board broke, possibly damaging the condenser. To me it does not matter how good the unit looks if it does not work. I think anyone would expect a $2000 appliance to last more than 6 years.

My “consumer advocate” at GE has just given me the run-around and not returned my calls. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand, GE no longer stands for quality.

One final note, the GE Profile stove that we bought at the same time also required a repair.So far that one is holding. 2ed883f

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 09, 2013  from Newburg, Kentucky
Hello,this is Donna from GE. I'm sorry about your experience with your refrigerator. Can you take a moment to email us at eResponse@ge.com please? We would like to take a look at this for you.
Reply to GE_Appliances

Read next General Electric complaint

Sludge in Refig Dispensing System Tech does not...

By far the worst company I have ever dealt with!Sludge in 2007 Refrigerator Dispensing System.Charge...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about General Electric.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug