• show-popup

Location Miles, Iowa
Category Credit Cards
Views 184
Monetary Loss

I order a legacy credit card and before I even recieved the card they had charged 119.00 to it and I don't recall them telling me of any expenses that would be on the card.I thought there was no annual charge and they charged me 50.00.

I am trying to rebuild my credit but I find with these people it probably isn't a good idea. Now they want me to pay them 30.00 as my first payment, I recieved the card on May 8th, 2008, and recieved the first bill on May 9th, 2008. So my 250.00 credit is now down to 75.00 credit and I haven't even used it yet.

What can I do to make this go away, and not have to pay them a on something it told me it didn't have, like an annual fee.
2e397c7

Comments (8) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 14, 2013  from Surprise, Arizona
Don't ever fall for these criminals! I was charged the same thing. 119.00 or considered the annual fee...I never even used the thing. They removed the 20$ fee for which they didn't explain what it was for. The representatives are rude and helpless. It's best to pay it off with a 0 balance. Save yourselves the heartache!
Reply to AngryGirl

Feb 10, 2012
I find they sit on payments and they way they bill, they stack it against you. I receive a bill either 4 days before the due date or a few days after. They immediately cut off credit. they never mentioned all these hidden fees and I have good cards.

They tell me it takes 3 weeks to get a payment? Where are they in the Arctic?

They are cons
Reply to R.K Sprau

Jun 21, 2011
Are there any other complaints about first National Legacy Credit Card? because I just received it today in the mail and my only reason for using it is to repair my credit.Is this a good idea or not?
Reply to Rose

Aug 26, 2008
I stopped using them years ago when they were charging me a arm and a leg to file for me. know I file my own.
Reply to nora

Aug 26, 2008
i'm in the sme boat you guys are in thats how they get us.
Reply to nora

Jul 30, 2008  from Fort Valley, Georgia
Vdague do you always apply for something without reading the terms? If you where to read the terms you would know that it is a fee based credit card and you would have fees billed. It is a high risk credit card they are issuing credit to high risk individuals. so thus the up front fees. if the card is used responibly it can help improve credit and lead to getting the "big" offers from other companies. NEXT TIME read before you apply and go blaming the company for something that you did!!!
Reply to John

Jun 28, 2008  from Albany, Western Australia
Dear Reader,my family ytells me i need a brake from the school work, in 2001. i am known as the geek. i tried JRP, and can only describe it in theese words:Horendously Scamming to those Prized Consouming Posseions. :( let's just say, it's now 2008 and I have still, not gotton my money back. I am 28, and I have a lawyer. I thought my lawyer could beat that wicked old man, JRP. He remindes me of a sceemingful Donald Trump. Do not, I repeat DO NOT take JRP. In star wars code language, Fight the Force!!
Reply to Dissapointed Consumer of JRP s

Jun 22, 2008  from Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Unfortunatly, I know exactly what you mean. I got the same card with the same issue.. and also got hit with one from Salute Visa.. where the limits start out small and already used and you have to pay to even use it. Read the fine print, some cards don't make you pay if you never activate or use the card.. read ALL the fine print. So Sorry Someone else is in the same situation.
Reply to Amy

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about First National Credit Card.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug