• show-popup

Location Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Category Finances
Views 34
Monetary Loss

my name is joann simmons, i recieved a catalog that said on the front of the book 'you have been pre-approved to recieve up to 400.00 in credit.
i called to make an order, the man said i had to give my social sec.# and birthday so i did.

he then said that i wasn't approved. whats wrong with this picture. when your pre-approved that means your approved for the amount stated on the catalog, am i right or wrong. to me this is fraud.i would like to make a complaint against the company.

this is false advertizement. this is wrong for the company to do this.

any remarks to my complaint you can reach me at grandmalovesyou_62@yahoo.com
thanks for nothing.joann simmons 2ee185a

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Feb 09, 2013  from Troy, Michigan
fingerhut is a company that uses spam as an advertising tool. Any company that does that is unethical, criminal and cannot be trusted. Typically an identity theft scam.

100% of all companies that send spam are scams. fingerhut is no exception.
Reply to Jon Newton

Oct 06, 2009
What you are claiming is not fraud. You were pre-approved, NOT approved. They probably have bad business practices but it is not a crime let alone fraud.
Reply to Anonymous

May 15, 2009
THAT SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME..I WAS PRE APPROVE FOR A CREDIT OF 350.00 I GAVE THEM MY SOCIAL AND BIRTHDAY AND THEY TOLD ME I WILL RECEIVE A LETTER IN 30 DAYS WHY I WAS DECLINED..AND THEN THEY CLICK I TRY CALLING BUT THEN THEY TELL ME I SPEAK TO THIS PERSON AND THE NEXT PERSON WHO ANSWERS TELLS ME THE SAME THING... :( :( :( :(
Reply to VANE

Mar 12, 2009  from Merrillan, Wisconsin
i wish to become a customer of fingerhut. i like to have several of their items. would like a chance to prove myself. thank you,
joann simmons
grandmalovesyou_62@yahoo.com
Reply to joann62

Read next Fingerhut complaint

i'am mad

i have ordered a europro vacuum from fingerhut i have not paid for it because it is junk every time...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Fingerhut.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug