• show-popup

Shares 0

Fareportal - CheapOair--they lie, steal, ***, swindled, use coersion, they misrepresent themselves and more!

Company Fareportal
Product / Service Cheapoair
Location Cleveland, Ohio
Category Travel
Views 727

Fareportal/CheapOair made a booking error and then blamed me and billed for the error. They take your money and if there is a problem they issue a credit for rescheduling and then do everything possible to "burn" up the credit so you have to pay considerable extra to get the little remaining.

I had a credit and they first offer a new ticket price..I give credit card information. Four hours later they send new email saying the price had gone up (lie--I check with airline). Cost of ticket went from $350 to $600 plus my credit of $1,187.50----I refunded the increase. Later, I learned they billed my credit card for fees and taxes and never issued a ticket for the supposed fees. Total loss to date: $1,311.50

I had purchased their insurance and then they refunded actual claim.

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY 2ff808f

Comments (11) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jul 11, 2013  from Mississauga, Ontario
i have also been jipped by this company they are criminals
Reply to marz

Apr 21, 2013  from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
CheapOLiAR. I agree with the above. DON'T get any flights through them! I had to change my light date, they sent me an email saying my card would be charged $800 (for a $174 flight) so I cancelled my card, leaving me with no card for my trip. I cancelled my trip. They promised me a refund after a runaround. Franklin, some supervisor, said it takes 2 billing cycles. Turns out they're refunding someone elses card. NOT MINE, Im guessing HIS. so 2 months later no refund, no help, just over $400 lost in total. DON'T USE THEM, BETTER OFF TO DEAL WITH AIRLINE COMPANY.
Reply to Connie

Sep 09, 2012
I have booked a flight for Christmas with CheapOair and now am very worried . I was offered a $20 discount. Them got an email from Fare Portal (not Fareportal) wanting a receipt. Emailed them asking who they were and how I would produce a receipt without attaching the whole ticket info. Received an answer today with a form to fill out, still requesting a receipt. I think I used CheapOair 2 years ago, and had no problems then. But I will probably not relax until I have completed my trip in December.
Reply to S.E. Davenport

Dec 19, 2011
I can concur with by comment #3 mbh02 on July 7, 2011. Here is mine very similar experience. Actual email correspondance.

Please read if you are planning to purchase a ticket from Cheapoair. You might thank me later.

I took a trip to the Philippines in early 2011. Originally, I purchased a round-trip ticket for about $1,000. My connecting flight was missed in San Francisco (my fault). The airlines instructed me to work it out with the agency which sold me the ticket in the first place, Cheapoair. They told me I could take another flight out in two days (the earliest) and could have the difference in my ticket refunded to me. However, they told me I would have to pay for another round-trip ticket upfront (about $1,600). Later, the AIRLINES were going to refund my money, they told me. They also said it would take about two months to get my refund. After spending two days in San Francisco, I caught the scheduled flight and finished my trip.

After two months, I contacted both the airlines and Cheapoair to see where my refund was. Below are three emails received from Cheapoair. This does not include the phone conversation and my attempts to connect via their website.

1) If I am not entitled to a refund, I should have been told that before purchasing another ticket.

2) If I was sold a ticket and informed incorrectly, most reputable companies would eat the cost and refund the money anyway,
... Show more
Reply to drose

Jul 09, 2011
I'm going to report this company to the business bureau for scam and also I'm going to sue them
Reply to don

Jul 09, 2011
don't buy a ticket from this company the are scam you will lose every penny in your credit card
Reply to don

Jul 07, 2011
i have been in a battle with them for over 3 months now over a refund that I was told would happen if I booked another ticket to replace the one , and of course it cost me more. Still no resolution and going on 4 months now. They are ***!!!!!!
Reply to mbh02

Mar 16, 2011
This is my first time dealing with Cheap-O air, and my last. I spent 10K on 2 business class tickets and 1 economy to Asia. They have published on their website under BIZ 35, you will get 35.00 off on booking business class, but when asked about the 35.00 off when booking they had some excuse. Then after downloading and emailing the cheap-o air page and advertisement to 8 colleagues who are all attorney's, they called and were told all different stories about this. I asked my asst to call to inquire and ask for a supervisor she is still on hold, and it s been 15 minutes! I asked them to give me credit for the difference. Stay tuned.
Reply to Cheapo-Air - A lawsuit waiting

Mar 03, 2011
I belief you --I'm suffering from stomach
ache after dealing with them and waiting
on line 2 hours today not getting help.
It was my 5th call. They lied to me and told me Lufthansa is lying. But after
not getting help Lufthansa sorted it out
and saved me to go back to them again.
I'm booking now flights for our company and privat for mor than 20 years and had never such bad service. It was my first and last booking with CeapOair.

I'm going to write the whole story when I feel better becaus it is so redicules.
Reply to Traudi

Feb 24, 2011
Complaint resolved: It took many phone calls and many more emails. The true of the matter is simple. You have to get to the right person. When first told by one of the "underlings" that they are as high (supervisor) as possible, don't believe it. There always someone above them. Once my complaint (thanks to Pissed Consumer) got to the correct person in CheapOair's Escalatiions Department (Antwan), things started to change. Where I was first told that I had to take the deal the first person in the escalations department told and I said "NO". I started disputing with my bank any credit charges. I informed CheapOair of my intention to pursue legal avenues. Posted on Pissed Consumers, and refused to settle for anything that I wasn't entitled to receive. CheapOair decided to resolve the problem to my satisfaction. I phoned the airlines and learned what I could from them as far as what the true of the situation was from the airline. I researched the "link" between companies. I learned that CheapOair is linked to Fareportal, Travelong and if given time I bet the insurance company, Travel Guard International, is linked to CheapOair and the others.
Anyhow, don't give up. Keep your documentation and be prepared to use it to support your complaint.
Reply to jmshad62

Read next Fareportal complaint

Cheapoair are *** artists....i'm pissed!!!

To start off with, I went online looking for a cheap airline ticket to San francisco.Next thing I kn...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Fareportal.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug