• show-popup

Product / Service Customer Service Overcharge
Category Home Construction and Repair
Views 30
Monetary Loss

My father passed away.I and other family members flew from out of state to go through his home & discard things.

The dumpster was a day and a half late and I had to scramble to get in touch with Dumpster Central -- they did not call me to inform me it would be late. This was in June, 2013. Then, SIX MONTHS LATER, December 2013, Dumpster Central sent me an email informing me that they had CHARGED my credit card AGAIN for $67.80, saying that the dumpster had gone over tonnage. The dumpster wasn't even full and only had household items in it - no appliances, furniture, anything particularly heavy (of course, I didn't think to take pictures).

My husband called to ask about the charge. He was told that if we disputed the charge, we would be charged another $25! The customer service person then HUNG UP ON HIM.

From what I've read online in the last few days, apparently this is common practice for this company. 2d360be

Comments (2) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 13, 2013  from Columbia, Kentucky
An added note to my original comment: take a look at this article regarding disputes I found on Yahoo Finance. It explains disputing a charge very well:

Reply to nikalseyn

Dec 13, 2013  from Columbia, Kentucky
When you dispute a charge with your credit card company, they charge the company you are complaining about a fee---in this case, probably $25. That's why companies do not like you disputing a charge. However, it appears you were late in returning the dumpster but they charged you, six months later for a weight overage. If I were you I would go ahead and dispute the charge. They cannot, I repeat cannot charge your card a $25 fee just because you disputed the charge, especially if you successfully dispute the charge. Given the attitude of these people, I would take this the extra mile, etc. Just because of their attitude.
Reply to nikalseyn

Read next Dumpster Central complaint

Never got a refund!

I ordered a dumpster on 10/25 for $410.80 and they said they'd deliver it on 10/26.They called me th...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Dumpster Central.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug