• show-popup

Location Silver Springs, Florida
Category Service Centers and Customer Services
Views 67
Monetary Loss

I've contacted ttdrivetime warranty department On august 12th 2011 Cause I had some problems with my windshield wiper motor.They sent me over to Fusion Motors in Tampa Fl.

I also indicated my concerns that There was some problems with my brakes also. When the mechanic to the car for a drive He confirmed that I needed a rear wheel cylinder kit. Anova warranty major mechanical issue. Drivetime representatives had the audacity To say to the mechanic Is the car safe enough to drive.

When it comes to brakes and been able to stop the car I felt right then First of the fear for my safety and my family And the liability issue That they did not care for my safety or my families. Of all the complains that I have read on this website I truly feel that it is time for a class action lawsuit. This is not defamation of character To watch this company As consumers we have the right To bring our complaints to justice. My email is williejames3520@gmail.com.

please feel free to contact me at anytime.

I have contacted the department of agriculture and consumer services.folks this time take action! 306898c

Comments (14) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Apr 09, 2012
I purchase 2008 Dodge Caravan, and one month after the purchase, the ABS system light came on and since then I have spent over 1500. rying to get the braking system fixed and all they would offer is to extended my payments for one month... The warranty is full of ____it.......... and no one at the warrant could care about the repairs, their statement was we have told you that the braking system is not covered in the warrant. I love that youmention class action lawsuit. :(
Reply to Inez

Dec 21, 2011
i bought a 2001 ford ranger at drive time in Jan 2011. we checked all the things and of course a cold vehicle will blow COLD air in the AC mode. when summer hit, the AC would not work, only hot outside air. took it to the repair shop and they tested the system. totally sealed with NO LEAKS. but the warrenty wont cover adding freon to the system that should have been there when purchased. if it has NO LEAKS, where would the freon have gone in 6 months if it had any to start with? now the check engine light is on and they wont even look at it without charging me for it.i went to drive time BECAUSE they offered a warrenty on used cars, not because of my credit issues.
Reply to Intha

Oct 20, 2011
They have screwed me too. I do not have a FB account, but if you want someone to join you on class action, please email me at kizzbug@gmail.com. Their negligence could have killed me. I was driving down the highway at 65 mph when suddenly my hood flew open and slammed into my windshield. The bolts to the hood latch were gone. Drive Time refused to cover the damage in spite of the 52 point safety promise. This was gross negligence on their part and they exercised a complete lack of integrity and professional ethics.
Reply to KLB70

Oct 18, 2011
The so called warranty is not worth the paper it's written on. Bought a 06 Maxima, 2 weeks later the service engine light came on. Catalyst convertor problems, and a numerous of more problems all not covered by the fake warranty!! So word of advice, stay away and repair your credit and go to a real dealership!!!!!!
Reply to Toy

Oct 18, 2011
Drive Time is a rip off and shoud be SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!!
Reply to Shaun

Sep 28, 2011
Folks If your going through the mill with Drivetime also contact the BBB they will help.
Reply to Willie

Sep 22, 2011
I will forward their direct contact information. They can't bully me. And I hope they see this. I pray it doesn't take someone in an unsafe lemon to lose their life in a car accident because the car stalled on a busy highway. God will make this right.
Reply to Typo

Sep 22, 2011
I see Andrea Sills made a comments whom in Wich she handles customer complaints. Folks I will coward her information to this site. I back up what I post and my resources tell me to keep fighting back. Maybe We should contact???
Reply to Willie

Sep 17, 2011
Customer, none of the issues that you mentioned are covered under your warranty. Just so you're clear, they wouldn't be covered with any other lender's warranty that I know of. Windshield wiper motors & brakes are wear & tear...why are you asking that we replace them free of cost for you? Also, you mentioned the warranty explanation, as well as the lemon law.....you signed a copy of the warranty at purchase, so you're unable to claim that you weren't made aware of what's covered; the lemon law is intended for NEW cars, not used vehicles. I love that you mention "class action lawsuit"....but have no basis for one. You also don't mention the year/make/model/mileage of your vehicle...please provide that as well.
Reply to Current DT Employee

Sep 17, 2011
Willie, none of the issues that you mentioned are covered under your warranty. Just so you're clear, they wouldn't be covered with any other lender's warranty that I know of. Windshield wiper motors & brakes are wear & tear...why are you asking that we replace them free of cost for you? Also, you mentioned the warranty explanation, as well as the lemon law.....you signed a copy of the warranty at purchase, so you're unable to claim that you weren't made aware of what's covered; the lemon law is intended for NEW cars, not used vehicles. I love that you mention "class action lawsuit"....but have no basis for one. You also don't mention the year/make/model/mileage of your vehicle...please provide that as well.
Reply to Current DT Employee

Sep 14, 2011
Brakes are a wear and tear item that is not covered under any warranty anywhere. Try getting a car anywhere else with a warranty included. I bet you wont
Reply to Get a Brain

Sep 12, 2011
Its ridiculous how bad of a rap drive time has. We purchased a vehicle in Feb 2011 and have sent it to their shop 5 times already. they won't fix the issue until it completely breaks down.
Reply to AVAS

Aug 23, 2011
Class Action I'm Ready It can be done. If you have a twitter account expose drive time. if you have a facebook account expose drive time re post this please join me on twitter @The_Real_Redboy I'm angry and we can fight them together.
Reply to williejames3520

Aug 23, 2011
having the same issue, apparently knowing how fast or the car cutting off is not enough of a safety issue
Reply to vicki martin

Read next DriveTime complaint

Drive Time Sucks!!

I purchased a vehicle in Feb 2011, in April the car started cutting off and excellerating by itself...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about DriveTime.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug