• show-popup

Shares 0

Driver Whiz - Driver Whiz - Uninstall???

• by   Aug 27, 2010
  • 16 comments
  • Review #: 195939
Company Driver Whiz
Product / Service Driver Whiz Software
Location Madison, Wisconsin
Category Computers
Views 231

I agree that DW is a piece of ****, but when you try to uninstall, it asks to make even more registry changes. I don't think so. Now I just want to get rid of it and cut my losses. ($40) Does any one know how to clean this garbage off of my computer?
It makes me suspicious about what other changes it has made. Does it phone home at night?
Why would these people cheat you when you have already paid them?
Why would they make it difficult to uninstall?
Please reply to this thread if you know answers to these questions.
I guess there is one born every minute. 2ff68f4

Comments (16) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 11, 2013
I got robbed by them yesterday my computer did work until I let them take over now I have nothing but a black screan do not trust them
Reply to tally

Aug 07, 2013
Thank you Mogal....I, like many others found Driver Whizz a load of

*** and waste of money and was unable to uninstall but thanks to your

info to use CC cleaner (which I allready had)I AM NOW FREE ha ha.
Reply to Roguebear

May 19, 2013  from Matthews, Missouri
I don't know how I got Driver Whiz on my computer, but I did. I too was like many of you on this forum. I have a program on my computer called CC Cleaner. I use it to just clean my computer up. On the tools section, there is an option to uninstall programs. It worked on Driver Whiz!!!!! I no longer have it!
Reply to MOGAL

Oct 28, 2012
if you know the date you purchased driver whiz you can try a system restore to a few days prior- that should get rid of it but make sure you havent added any new programmes after driver whizz or system restore will remove those too
I reported this programme over a year ago on here = it is so sad that its still available to purchase when it clearly doesnt work
Reply to marjon

Oct 18, 2012
why cant I uninstall driver whiz? it just comes up "change" in my uninstall programmes
Reply to jay

Jun 04, 2012
Driver Whiz sucks, what gives them the right to make it impossible to uninstall, hmmm kinda reminds me of a virus!
Reply to sjedle

Mar 13, 2011
Here's their trick. Right go to uninstall, double click, a box appears (change, repair, remove) you hit remove and a big box appears telling you can get 50% off or some ***, simply close that. As soon as you close that, the uninstall wizard box appears SO FAR TO THE LEFT (AND AT BOTTOM) THAT DEPENDING ON YOUR MONITOR YOU MIGHT NOT SEE IT!! I have one of those really big wide rectangular screens and also a laptop, the laptop never shows as much onscreen as my PC does. So I saw this little corner of the box and dragged it out and sure enough it was the uninstall box, after that it just took seconds.

WHOEVER WROTE THIS WORKS FOR DRIVER WHIZ !! and is A TOTAL LIAR !!!
7. Written by myciolive, on 29-10-2010 10:30
The post is clearly intended to disseminate FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) about the best and most comprehensive driver tool on the market. Either that or, as per a previous comment, the post was made by someone not qualified to cast judgments.

JUST
GOOGLE â–ºREMOVE DRIVER WHIZ
THERE'S MANY MANY MANY COMPLAINTS, its on PISSED CONSUMER, Yahoo Questions, Tech forums ALL OVER THE INTERNET !!!
AND PPL UNABLE TO REMOVE THIS *** OFF THEIR COMPUTERS!!!
WHY DOES THE UNINSTALL BOX POP UP SO FAR TO THE LEFT YOU CAN'T SEE IT ON REGULAR OR LAPTOP SCREENS?
WHY DO YOU THINK I CAME ON THIS FORUM IN THE FIRST PLACE?? THIS *** PIECE OF *** DOESN'T WORK, REMOVES DRIVERS YOU NEED, IT'S total
... Show more
Reply to I DID IT !!

Mar 09, 2011
DRIVER WHIZ is worse than a virus or trogan horse there needs to be a law about this kind of ***.
Reply to RJ Marsdude

Feb 26, 2011
Purchased Driver Whiz to try and fix a CD driver problem. It told me I had an out of date driver for my printer. I had it update the driver for the printer and .... voila... now the printer no longer works. (The printer was working fine prior to Driver Whiz). By the way, it didn't help with the CD problem either.
Reply to nuevo1

Nov 26, 2010
I to can not uninstall driver whiz. Using normal processes uninstall is not available. Has anyone figured out how to get it off of the computer. I simply need help. Can anyone help.
Reply to Frank

Nov 22, 2010
Now wait a minute. A simple question is asked: how can I uninstall Driver Whiz. Whether it's malware junk or developed by God Himself; one has the right to terminate this tool.
It doesn't do anything for my computer. Unless I cough up dough. I don't want to, so I want to get rid of it. An honest reply, please.
Reply to deDeurs

Oct 29, 2010

Driver Whiz has the most comprehensive database of drivers available on the market today. While the user interface may not appeal to all types of users out there, I find it useful in my daily tech support activities.
Reply to myciolive

Aug 27, 2010
you do understand that when you install most programs the registry is edited to link DLL's, EXE's and the other files the program needs to run right?

Maybe included in the uninstall string is a setting that deletes or edits the changes that installing did? Ever think of that one smart guy?

So I downloaded the program and did a few snapshots.

WOW I AM RIGHT!!!! HOLY ***! Some *** (l)user making *** comments about something he has no understanding has yet again been proven wrong! What a freaking surprise.

Please take your computer out in to the street. Lift it as hight as you can over your head. Then smash it in the street.

Please never buy another computer again as you are to ignorant, lazy and *** to run one let alone use one.

I wish you a crappy day (l)user.
Reply to mulch

Read next Driver Whiz complaint

Driver Whiz

It is the worst program I ever tried, after installing the suggested drivers it tooks one hour to re...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Driver Whiz.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug