• show-popup

Company Driver Whiz
Location Phoenix, Arizona
Category Software
Views 869

I paid for(Paypal instant)and DL'd this software because I was having terrible problems with a vid card driver,the ad said DWhiz could help.Let it do a scan for outdated drivers(2nd mistake)and it came back with some updates for me.Of course my vid card driver was not on the "Need to update"list even though I knew my installed driver was outdated.

My sound driver was listed so I thought I would try out "Driver Whiz" and let it remove and install the new driver that it provided.Needless to say, upon completion my sound did not work.Manually removed the "Driver Whiz" provided driver and re-installed old sound driver and voila,sound.

Contacted customer support and tried asking them if they could help with my ATI video card driver problems and all they did was continuously point me to an article on how to update my VIA chipset.What a bunch of freekin monkeys,pound on the keyboard,throw a little ***,ahhh.good day!The VIA chipset article wasn't even hosted by the "Driver Whiz" folks.

So went through a couple more trials and had the same effects(lan chip drivers,mobo chip drivers...) and "Driver Whiz" did everything in its power to break my system!Contacted PP and opened a dispute,respectfully asking the "Driver Whiz" folks for my money back, all with no response.It turns out that PP will not protect you if the purchase is for downloaded software, or for the lack of a product to perform as expected if it is a "virtual" product.

So I'm hosed by "Driver Whiz" and PayPal.But please be warned, "Driver Whiz" is a garbage product.All it did was cost me money and headache. 2ed1903

Comments (213) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 213 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 01, 2013
Just another fly by night company, that is taking as much money from people as they can for a worthless product before getting shut down. Then it is off to their next scam.
Reply to Anonymous

Nov 01, 2013
I too downloaded Driver Whiz, paid via PP then recieved a message to phone and register. They then, instaed of updating my drivers, told me I had over 7000 threats and wanted £85.00 to clear them before my drivers could be updated. I refused. When I went to my paypal account, not only had they taken the original £35.00, but had set up a reccuring payment indefinately. Paypal cancelled that but it has cost me £35.00 for nothing.Beware of this scam. :(
Reply to Leon

Aug 04, 2013
Please do not down load this product, Big problems within a few minutes of down loading. Nothing appears to do any thing that it says it does. Blue screen within minutes of down loading,3 weeks later and many emails,problem was not fixed and many requests for a refund have not produced any result. You need to be an expert in computers to do the requested fixes. The first thing you learn is never work in your registery if you do not have any experience in this area,so by asking me to work in the reg.it is not acceptable This company needs to be investigated for unlawfully obtaining money. alicemansam
Reply to alicemansam

Jun 20, 2013  from Montreal, Quebec
I bought and paid.. received a key to activate the dey did not work
after i told two days later the payment had passed in my bank, that my key was passed du...
three days... no news..
demanded refund,,, hard to get ,, i still did not receive it
keep away from them
Reply to diane

Aug 04, 2013
Yep, they are of no good to me either. Learned my lesson.
Reply to marknfran

Sep 16, 2012
I wasted 29.95 on this bullsh*t product... Ripping people off for money that is hard to come by is a testament to the sad state of affairs this world is in... Where's apocalypse? Humans SUCK!!!
Reply to nomad76

Aug 01, 2012
I found out the hard way about is "driver Whiz" I wanted to install drivers for my printer. This program installed Norton Anti-Virus on top of my Anti-virus already installed on my computer. That one thing caused all kinds of problems. Problems that took Dell Tech support 2 and half hours to remove from my computer. I was lucky to find out early I wonder how many wasn't that lucky. Yes my computer is clear of this and I spent 29.95 for it but it was a cheap 29.95 because I learned a good lesson I'll never forget about "Driver Whiz". Just hope someone can shut them down. :zzz
Reply to Dennis from Illinois

Jul 12, 2012
pffff good i checked up the forums first i was aboute to use it thanks you tryed it for me :x
shame it *** you your pc's but it helped me to prevent it thanks guys :cry
Reply to Haaansie

Jul 05, 2012
Thx for all you people out there who posted comments about the inappropriateness of Driver Whiz,i was just about to purchase said product then i read your forum,and decided against it,i agree with DriverWhiz BS who posted on May17,2011.They belong behind bars!!Again many thanks,keep the comments coming.
Reply to John Clift

Mar 22, 2012
Driverwhiz don't deliver. I used the product once for a specific driver update which went OK and came back six weeks later to rectify another problem and was confronted with the requirement to enter an ID and password, neither of which I had been issued. The registration key can no longer be entered either. When contacted by email, they replied advising me to delete the software and connect to another URL which required the purchase of another one of their products! :( When I contacted them again, they sent me an encrypted reply, and have ignored my subsequent emails ever since. Very poor form - they're a bunch of rip-off merchants! Don't buy their products, you'll be wasting your money!
Reply to raxray

Feb 21, 2012
I wish I would have read this before purchasing this crappy useless program. PLEASE DO NOT BUY!
Reply to Driver Whiz SUCKS!!!!

Jan 25, 2012
This product is a ripoff. It made my computer useless. I guess the easiest way to fix the problem now is with a sledehammer and to purchase a new computer.
Reply to Don

Jan 24, 2012
Paid for and DL'd this rubbish. Scan showed 36 dl's required. None were of use as I had already got more recent drivers on my machine! Fortunately no damage caused. As for refund went to contact page tried to send e.mail but no message could be sent. GOOGLE,exercise some muscle here and boot them off!
Reply to Seedrive

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks for the heads up I was a click away from getting it... for me the hook was that it advertised that it was linked to Norton Security :upset
Reply to Cofresi

Dec 22, 2011
Reply to Cofresi

Dec 11, 2011
:( Driver Whiz is pure ***.It F__ked up my OS.I tore up my registration and receipt
Reply to mike

Oct 28, 2011
Well, I thought Driver Whiz was as free as advertised, so I downloaded it to figure out why my Acer Aspire One computer mousepad wasn't working. I downloaded it, did a scan, then it told me my sound driver was out of date and should be updated. I then went to press the button to proceed and it asked me for email, name, and zip code. I began to assume that this was a gimmick to get my info and that the next page would reveal a hidden fee, but had a second thought telling me not to assume things. Sure enough, I enter in my info and the next page is a fee for it to actually do anything. I immediately logged out of it and uninstalled it from the computer. I now come to see these messages and complaints here talking about how it messed up peoples computers. I surely hope it didn't do anything to mine. I did not pay or activate anything, so hopefully that means it did not take it upon itself to change any settings...

I don't recommend anything that gives the illusion of being free then only reveals a hidden cost AFTER you take the time to install it (and whatever other junk comes with it) to your computer. I normally disable the extra things that come with downloads, but most people are unaware that they are even opting in to download additional software with things they are downloading.
Reply to Hottsoundz NOW

Oct 11, 2011
hey guys, i got my money back from driver whiz folks. they do give money back. so if you are not happy with their product for some reason. just ask for money back within 30 days and i am sure you will get your money back.
Reply to somy

Read next Driver Whiz complaint

Beware of Driver Whiz refund offer

This software does nothing more than Dell Support offers for free to any Dell computer owner.A coupl...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Driver Whiz.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug