• show-popup

Location North Charleston, South Carolina
Category Entertainment
Views 559
Monetary Loss

I have been a Dish Network customer for over 8 years and these last 4 weeks have made me decide to cancel my services thru them.
All of my local channels are unavailable, and it is not on my end.

My signal for the satellite is strong and the transponder is recognizing the satellite. I called three weeks ago to complain and theysaid we know there is an issue in your region ( Indiana ) and we are working on it. Still three weeks later no local channels. I have missed the playoffs for Football and my favorite show for 3 weeks now and my wife is upset that we don't get the local channels for the morning news so she can see if the school is delayed or closed for making arrangements.

I called again this week and they can't answer how long or what the issue is. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I don't know if its another $$$$$ dispute with the provider like they have with other providers or if the satellite itself is damaged and they need to send a man to space to fix it.

I know they have to know the problem but are pathetic liars who won't let me know.If they don't know the issue then they are sucking in the technical department either way I am over their ***!!! 30698bb

Comments (15) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Aug 04, 2013  from Westlake, Louisiana
Look if Dish took off your local channels like they just did here in Louisiana they are in breach of their contractyou can drop him and you won't be in breach and they can't hold you to it because they didn't hold up their end of the contractI kept telling us they don't know what the problem was I didn't know what the problem was and then they came on the news dad they will not negotiate with the company that's provide our local channel they just took it off the air so come tomorrow my local cable company will be supplying my cable now and dish is the post come pick up there equipment
Reply to Loki

Jul 29, 2013  from Glendale, Arizona
Dishnetwork suck! I have the same problem and moved to another city. N when my contract is up am going back to my old cable company which is cox.
Reply to badgirl

Oct 08, 2012
I'm having the same issues in Minneapolis. Sure, they'd love to send a tech out to fix problems with THEIR equipment. I was told it would cost me $86 for a service call!
Reply to ralph wilson

Mar 27, 2012
You HAD to drive to town, forced to eat and drink at a restaurant, and spent you money to watch a game. First world problems.
Reply to Alex

Feb 27, 2012
:( I too am missing my locals. I have had a technician come out 3 or 4 times to "fix" the problem....not once have they actually fixed the problem. They just connected me to the neighbors and there we were just flipping each others channels. The cust reps and the techs dont know why I dont get my locals...something about negotiations. Then why do my neighbors get it who live directly below me??? I have had to go 15 miles away to town to go and watch games because there arent any restaurants in my town. Not only that I have paid for the techs to come to my house. So, not only have I lost gas money, money for my locals, restaurant money, because you cant just watch tv and not pay them to eat or drink, but I have lost my patience. I do beleive that I have a lawsuit against dish here because of the amount of money I have spent to watch my games that I should have had. I just moved to where I live so I dont have friends to watch the game at. email me at katcat1024@yahoo.com if you can help because as of Mar 1st. Im getting a lawyer.
Reply to Josh Catron

Feb 13, 2012
I haven't had the locals in a couple years.No Superbowls, no Letterman. I had a tech to my house once...can't fix it. I gave up, they can't fix it. I talked with DISH today....again.....waste of time.
Reply to Bill

Feb 05, 2012
This happened to me in 2010. Never fixed. I now can't watch the super bowl tonight.
Reply to Chris

Feb 05, 2012
Reply to Chris

Apr 22, 2011
Jackie Willis,

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I am with DISH Network. I wanted to clarify a few things for you. We are here to help, in any way possible. We want customers to know that we are listening and are here to help. There may be times that we are unable to provide a perfect solution for every customer however, we are willing to make every effort and look at every option available to provide the best resolution we have available. If you have had a bad experience in the past I ask that you take a chance and allow us the opportunity to rectify the situation. Please feel free to email me with any comments or concerns.

Alicia Brink
Executive Offices of Dish Network
Office Hours: Sunday-Thurs 6:00am-2:00pm
Phone Number: 720-514-8617
Fax Number: 303-723-2063
Email: Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com
Reply to AliciaB_DISH

Apr 19, 2011
Don't swich to DirecTV. I get no local channels with them in eastern Virginia. I get 14 local channels on an outdoor antenna.
Reply to Modine Gunch

Apr 08, 2011
We had the same thing in New Mexico. I changed to DirectTV, they probably won't be any better!!!!!!!!
Reply to karen

Apr 06, 2011
Cheri, Stop wasting folks time and acting like you want to help. Your just another Dish network *** that has no intention of helping.
Reply to Jackie Willis

Jan 31, 2011
I do understand how frustrating this issue can be, especially when you are not getting straight answers about what exactly is causing this issue or when it will be resolved. The message that you are seeing on your local channels can be caused by our end and may just need to be fixed on our side. In some cases the error message can also be signal loss on your side and we may need to get a technician out to your home to check your equipment. If this is something you would like to do please let me know and I would be happy to get this set up for you. I again apologize for all the trouble you have been having with your service and would like to see if we can get this resolved. If you are at all interested in having a tech out to your home to take a look at your system email me at Cheri.Torres@DISHNetwork.com and I will be happy to set this up for you.
Reply to Cheri Torres

Jan 27, 2011
Thanks but no thanks!!! You have had over a month now to correct the issue, and I have already contacted you twice and got nowhere with it. You can't even give me a estimated time for it to be back up and on, or what the issue really is when I asked both times. It clearly comes on the screen with the local channels with a messae that ( We are aware of the issue and are working to fix it, THERE IS NO NEED TO CALL, please watch no local channels while we fix it.) So your message says you know there is an issue yet you can't let me know and it has taken a month ??? All I have gotten is excuses and the run around, so I'll be ending my service thru Dish and either signing up with another company of just doing without. :(
Reply to FirstStrike

Jan 26, 2011
Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I am with DISH Network Customer Service. I first want to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. I know how frustrating it can be when your channels are not working like they should. I would be happy to look over this issue for you. If you would like to email me at Cheri.Torres@Dishnetwork.com with your account information(i.e. account number or phone number and name on the account). I will do my best to get you the best possible answer for the issue you are having and hopefully we can get this working as soon as possible. Thanks and have a great day! :)
Reply to Cheri Torres

Read next Dish Network complaint

Dish Network has "dreadful" customer service

I signed up with Dish with 2 receivers. I have a service agreement with them and when one receiver s...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Dish Network.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug