• show-popup

Shares 0

Dish Network TV's customer service is abysmal.

Company Dish Network
Location Houston, Texas
Category Television/ Radio
Views 160

The satellite stopped working at precisely 6:30 pm on Friday, JUST as the opening ceremony for the Olympics started.We were told that it would be Thursday before a tech could come out.

They say they are the world leaders in sat TV: tell me it isn't so!!!! I wouldn't mind so much but the sat TV had gone out the previous Friday and we had to wait until Monday for it to be fixed. I called Dish this morning and was told Thursday was the closest they could come out. I asked for a phone number to talk to somebody else up the food chain and was told that there was an address I could write to but no number.
If Dish is a world leader then why is the waiting list for service, so long?

Is it because they are so popular that customers are lining up to buy their product OR because the product is NOT world class?

Hmmm.....
I had thought of changing to Direct TV but others were having the same problem as me.Is there any alternative to these 2 companies? 2d54e24

Comments (8) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 01, 2012
Nanny Hotwheels,

I saw your post and understand your frustration with that! Allow me to provide you with some assistance. If you could please email me your account number, I can take a look at everything and get all that sorted out for you and squared away. My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com. I'm sorry about the runaround you went through and look forward to resolving this!
Reply to MikeL DISH

Oct 26, 2012
I was told by the salesman that it was a rumor the cable started that service went out everytime it rained. I ordered Dish and the cable company is correct, EVERYTIME it rains service goes out. First time it went out I was told 15 days to fix, Second time it went out, I had to wait 3 1/2 weeks for service to get to my house. Trying to talk to their customer service sucks. Dish has the WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE in the entire world. I finally searched the internet and found the exective offices and sent them email after email until I finally got my service back. Nobody should have to wait over three weeks for service.
Reply to Gary

Sep 18, 2012
I JUST got off the phone with them just now, boy am i pissed!!! After looking at all their packages, NONE had all the channels i needed, just a bunch of ***, and LOADS of *** music channels no one watches. Okay so i get playboy which the kis cant watch, but no nickelodeon... if i want nickelodeon woopty doo i HAVE to pay for a more expensive package??!!! Sooooo.... i asked dish network customer support if i could pay for the package wich had most channels i needed, and switch the crappy channels i don't watch for some that i would watch and they said you can't do that. MF it's MY money, i can do whatever the *** i want. Sooo... i put them on blast and asked,,,, so basically what you're saying is i have to pay for a package that i don't want. And the guy sais, well, you don't have to do anything. Really.... that's it? no i'm sorry mam, no let me get my manager, nothing. So i told that ahole to suck it and hung up! SCREW DISH!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to You CAN'T customize packages??

Aug 20, 2012
WE HAD DISH NETWORK FOR MANY YEARS. AFTER WE RETIRED THE DUE DATE WAS NOT A GOOD TIME FOR US SO I TRIED TO CHANGE IT. NO NO. THERE WAS ALWAYS A LATE FEE THAT I COULD NOT HELP. I ASK WHAT COULD I DO TO PAY THIS BILL OFF. THEY NEEDED $9.18. I SENT IT AND TOLD THEM TO DISCONNECT, THEY SAID I NEEDED TO PAY $19.??. SO I DID. ABOUT THAT SAME TIME I GOT A BILL FOR $187.99 I CALLED AGAIN AND THEY SAID IT WAS ONLY $40.00 THEN I GOT AN AUTOMATED CALL TELLING ME I NEEDED TO PAT THE $18.00 NOW AND ANOTHER $40.00 BY THE END OF THE MONTH. AFTER MANY MANY CALL AND MY DAUGHTER TALKING TO THEM I HAD TO PAY $22.00. NOT HAPPY!!!
Reply to KATHY MOSER

Aug 20, 2012
I got locked in to a 2 year committment, the signal went out every time a cloud went over.
Monthly bill seem to increase every month.
I talked to them numerous times, service is terrible
Reply to Dish Network, Really Bad Servi

Aug 20, 2012
Monthly bill seem to increase every month.
I talked to them numerous times, service is terrible
Reply to Dish Network, Really Bad Servi

Aug 01, 2012
As far as cable tv goes they ain't too bad. Good reception, tv never goes out.... BUT their Internet & landline phone service is AWFUL!
You can buy the monthly service protection but they STILL won't help
You w/out charging you a small fortune.
Customer Service is horrible with Comcast! Their TV receprion
Is not bad though.
Reply to Comcast customer

Read next Dish Network complaint

Dish Network line of sight termination fee scam

Moved to another state had 12mo left on contract.Dish came out to hook up satellite at new address t...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Dish Network.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug