• show-popup

Product / Service Satellite Service
Location Chicago, Illinois
Category Television/ Radio
Views 44

DIRECTV gave me free NFL Sunday Ticket To Go (without my authorization) last year.Then this year they decided to bill me for it at $10 per month.

I didn't even know what the service was (it allows you to watch football games on your laptop) until I called them. The rep from DIRECTV was very nice but informed me that this is their mode of operation....give it free unbeknownst to the customer, then charge you later.

I would stay away from DIRECTV, I was a customer since 2001 and never missed a payment...I truly feel betrayed by the company that I always stood up for when people told me to switch to Comcast. 30b3c1b

Comments (4) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Dec 11, 2011
Have no fear people, DISHMAN IS HERE!!!! Send me your statements, your complaints, your tears of sorrow. I will personally take your Dish, and shove it in the a-s-s-e-s of the CEO's created a new dish.....BROWN DISH!!! Get over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 channels all about butt games, s-h-i-t, a-n-a-l p-lay and shi-tting on people HAHAHA! DISHMAN!!!!!
Reply to DishMan

Dec 11, 2011
I have joined the hate Direct TV. I have found the same complaints as below. I purchased it at Sam's Club and shame on them for allowing this dishonest company in their store.
Reply to Roz

Dec 09, 2011
This happened to me too. The deal is that I signed up for the "Superfan" years ago to get the eight game split screen channel, $100 for the season, $16 a month/five months. Then in 2009 they rolled the split screen into the Sunday Ticket, raised that price $50/season, and bundled all of the mobile apps into a new package, "NFL Sunday ticket T0-Go", $49.95/season, $9.99/month five months. If you were a Superfan subscriber they auto-enrolled you in the "To-Go" package whether you wanted it or not. I don't own any of the devices necessary to use the service, so why in the World would I ever buy it? The rep I talked to insisted that the To-Go and Superfan were the same. They clearly are not, but I could not convince him of this. The difference in price is only $1.51/month five months, so unless your really paying attention your not going to notice. When you buy sports packs like I do, the bills fluctuate constantly because of overlaps. I pay online, so I don't get a statement. Like a lazy boy, I haven't bothered looking at my online statement in years. I would never have known about this but for a hiccup with their tele-pay system when I paid my bill at the last minute in November. I contacted my State's Attorney Generals Office, Division of Consumer Affairs, informing them of this blatant rip-off. I also filed a complaint with the Directv office of the President, informing them of the above, including my contact with AG. I got my money back right away. Shocking I... Show more
Reply to shouldhavereadthestatement09

Dec 08, 2011
You'll find a boatload of complaints against Comcast here also. And Dish TV. And HughesNet. And all the others.
Reply to Satan

Read next Directv complaint

DirecTV is a big scam.

After moving from Time Warner Cable in Austin, I signed up as an Internet/TV/Phone package deal with...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Directv.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug