• show-popup

Product / Service Satellite Direct Tv
Location Toronto, Ontario
Category Television/ Radio
Views 8770

I have been searching for a cheaper way to watch tv online and thought I had found a great deal.Beware everyone before you purchase Satellite Direct TV online!!

They advertise all the channel categories you could imagine for a low price. The problem is once you have downloaded the software, you get this list of about 1000 channel networks all over the world and you have to click on each one of them to see if the channel works. 99% don't work.

I don't have hours and hours to scroll.Now they are refusing to refund me. 308ba6e

Comments (809) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 809 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Mar 24
I have used Satellite Direct for about one year and find them very responsive if there is a problem. This is not perfect but it is what I consider a great alternative to cable,dish or any other of the type. You will save a lot of money and see most all programs.
After having Dish since 1996 on and off and Primestar aka DirectTV...I think you should give it a try. Use the regular not the upgraded...
This works well overseas as well as in the United States. We are currently expats in South America.
Reply to Caja

Mar 02  from Healdsburg, California
I bought it to watch the oscars and have NO idea how to find them.
We choose ABC and 2 screens of what looks like data merge pops up, one right after the other so the ads aren't synced !
Thank God for the guaranteed refund~oh one more thing, they charged my visa twice, $49.95 twice! I thought the price was $29.95 ??
Not a good.
Reply to Mandahar

Feb 25
I agee that it's not what they advertise it to be. Pop-up ads play audio even when in fullscreen mode and when not visible. Channels don't work most of the time. Customer service is a bad joke with no punch line. Channels are riddled with intrusion and malware. Don't waste your money.
Reply to Burned by Satellite Direct TV

Feb 25
p.s.
I also had the "lifetime" package and hve now been informed support only good for one year. Guess they could not address my complaints
Reply to Burned by Satellite Direct TV

Nov 16, 2013
Hey guys and gals... I'm a real user of ETV Corp's Satellite Direct TV software and have been for years. I've gone through the good, bad and ugly over the years but things have changed for the better with this product/service. Be aware that many negative posts were posted one or more years ago. This product/service is not a scam and their payment processors really do honor the 60 day money back guarantee - refunds are given but seldom do people request when they come to me with questions or visit my site for information. Contact me and maybe I can help answer questions and fix the issue... http://satellitedirecttvreviews.com/blog/

Oct 07, 2013
Compete and Total RIP OFF. NO RESPONSE TO COMPLAINTS, NO REFUND, NO CHANNELS WORK, NOTHING BUT FRUSTRATION.
Reply to PISSEDOFFREDNECK

Sep 22, 2013
it's veryyyyyyyyy poor quality.
Reply to suji

Sep 11, 2013  from Beausejour, Manitoba
Hi! My husband purchased Satelite Direct TV onto our IMac Computer. I agree, you get this list of channels, and it looks a little confusing. He's figured it out, and we are quite happy with it. At the moment, I'm watching Americas Got Talent. My husband also NEVER misses a sporting event now! So for the one time price we paid, I think it's awesome.

Sep 11, 2013  from Crossville, Tennessee
If you have to reformat your computer your software will stop working. Also, if you don't use it for awhile it will stop working. There is no phone contact. If you are lucky enough to get a response from their email you will be given a work around that only works once each time. The latest I have not gotten a response. Also, those that say most channels don't work are right. There is nothing to let you know what a channel is showing and you have to go through up to and over 10 minutes of advertisement even if a channel is working. Go ahead but basically for long range it's a waste (SCAM).
Reply to wished

Sep 08, 2013  from Loa, Utah
Yep, this is a rip off in my opinion. Trying to communicate is like walking in a circle. The software is not user friendly and technical/customer service is; sorry to say, a very comical waste of time.

Sep 08, 2013  from Dallas, Texas
for those using the term Direct TV you should actually be stating Satellite Direct if you're talking about the online subscription service. DirecTV is an actual satellite program provider and should not be confused with Satellite Direct and their software of which the majority of the complaints are regarding. (not ignoring those who actually complained about Directv and their 2 yr mandatory service contract similar to cell phone contracts)
Reply to ifitz2good2btrue

Aug 24, 2013
Be aware there are some bogus reviews out there on Satellite Direct where some reviewers are not on the level, provide the facts with pros and cons, and never purchased/downloaded the software to give you the right information. Beware of those reviews. Find a reviewer who actually purchased the software and can provide screenshots and/or video demo. Always contact Satellite Direct to ask questions before making a purchase. That way you know whether or not they respond to emails within 2-3 business days.

Aug 24, 2013  from Tunnel Hill, Georgia
this company is a rip off. cant speak to customer service rep except through email and is nothing like its advertised to be. don't buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to k8th

Aug 24, 2013
k8th... There was never any other way to contact Satellite Direct but email. It takes them 2-3 business days to respond back to you. Why don't you tell us the real issue other than they are a ripoff. You can search for InternetTvDotCom and leave a message. If you are really that disappointed, just request a refund. Unless, of course, you exceeded the time limited.

Also if your message to them was polite, I don't see why they didn't respond back to you.

Aug 10, 2013  from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
@jon-b-good... Firstly, you will never lose your money with ETV Corp's Satellite Direct software. You can send a full refund request to Clicksure or Click2Sell, whichever payment processor you sent your payment to. Secondly, for the issue you are having, you might want to visit a site by a real user/tester and send an email for help (http://satellitedirecttvreviews.com/blog/) or contact the Satellite Direct tech support for help which should be the first thing you do.

@ Jaguar... ETV Corp revamped Satellite Direct to a better version and no longer use Clickbank. They now use Clicksure or Click2Sell as payment processors. The service has informed me that when moving their software from the Clickbank marketplace to Clicksure and Click2Sell, they no longer honor those who purchased the software through Clickbank. I understand they are suppose to honor the lifetime membership but that said they will not for Clickbank purchases -- that's unfortunate!

@tomlinsong... I would love to know your entire story because what you have expressed doesn't seem to apply to Satellite Direct of today. Clicksure and Click2Sell are the payment processors and it's been that way since last year 2012. Clickbank only gave you 60 days after purchasing the software to request a full refund. Now if you made the purchase from Clickbank right in the middle when Satellite Direct switched payment processors, I don't understand why Satellite Direct wouldn't honor your lifetime
... Show more

Aug 06, 2013
down loaded satelite drect paid my fee got he thumbnail but when i click on it cant get through comes up no running time can anyone enlighten me im 76 ys oldand cant afford to lose his sort of money ty
Reply to jon-b-good

Jul 22, 2013  from Sherbrooke, Quebec
I purchased the product approx. 4 year ago and the channels worked.
Now they have stopped because Clickbank has stopped supporting the product.But I called there new financial co. Clicksure they had my file 1day the next day I don't exit.I send s nasty letter and they connect me back.
First you did not bought any product from these financial co.
because this product belongs to the Satellite Direct TV .
The co. got payed now they are using any *** to make money out
you.Call them back and tell them that you going to file a complain to all financial co.that they are using them as reason to scam you.

Here is all the you need to find all ;ANT.com, similarsiteseach.com
with this you don,t need nothing else.
Here are some sites you guys might be interest in.
Movies; TV SHOWs; SPORTS;
FILMIKZ,ch WACTHFOMNY.com WEBFIRSTROW.eu
MOVIE25.com FIMON.com BOXINGGURU.eu
PRIMEWIRE.ag TVSHOW7.eu LIVETV.ru
ENGLISHANIMES.com ZZSTREAM.li STREAM2WATCH.me
CENTRALTV.fr NOWWATCHLIVE.com

I hope that this can help you guys.
Feed back please.
Reply to Jaguar

Jul 15, 2013  from Sheffield, England
Yes, I can confirm. Beware everyone before you purchase Satellite Direct TV online!
I purchased the product approx. 1 year ago and the channels worked.
Now they have "stopped" the product because "Clickbank has stopped supporting the product". Instead they recommend to purchase the premium product for $ 6.95 per month although the standard version is
still on offer!? Money grabbing people!!
Reply to mathilda3f

Jul 11, 2013  from Boston, Massachusetts
this customer is absolutely right. satelitedirect sucks!!!!! most of the time the channels DO NOT!!! even work because they are consistently off line at the moment. or while you are watching a program the screen freezes, stops working or you will have to keep tapping an arrow to get the chanel to play second by second. not to mention the tuns of pop-ups on screan throughout most channels they provide. most channels only play re-runs all the time.you can"t even watch local channels depending what state you live. if this is the future of television, i"d rather just listen to talk radio it would be much less stressful. thank god for regular tv and cable.

Jul 08, 2013  from Greenville, Ohio
do not give Satellite direct any money they will not keep their word, click bank will take your money you will get the service for a few months and then they disconnect it and try and charge you again. Absolutely do not use your credit or debit card they cannot be trusted. I used PayPal thank God! But now I have to start filing complaints with the federal trade commission, my credit card company, and the attorney general. What a scam
Reply to tomlinsong

Read next Direct TV complaint

Direct TV bait and switch

Cable sucks but Direct TV is the most dysfunctional organization on EARTH.Direct TV / bait and switch / completely unorganized / departments have no idea who can do what!!!!...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Direct TV.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug