• show-popup

Shares 0

Direct TV Receiver Fees (Increasing as we write)

Company Direct TV
Product / Service Receiver Fees
Location Seymour, Indiana
Category Entertainment
Views 35

It is amazing that I am not the only one experiencing billing issues. After reading some of the posts, I too feel your pain. My complaint is minor compared to some of the $ some of the posters are out. It's not about the money as it is only$5 and $1 increases and fees for me; but the principal of not doing business in a fair manner.

I called last week for tech service while trying to rent a movie. Cost me $5 because he ordered the movie for me. Didn't make much sense to let him off the phone if he didn't fix my problem; but it was $5. I did get the money back for this.

This week; I get the monthly statement and the receiver fees increased from $5 to $6/month. Now granted its not much, but I am less than 3 months into the 2 yr contract and its going up. I saw a post about planned rate increases and I suspected that as well. I am sure they are going to get their money somehow; nothing in life is free as my father has often told me.

My question to them that never got answered; did everyone get the increase or just a few of us because I suspect this planned rate increase will go on throughout the contract.

I think its going to be a long 2 years if I have to fight every month over billing issues and it is more of a hassle to do it when its just a buck or two. More time invested that its worth and I think that is why they do. Most people spend that on coffee a day.

For me its the principal; I believe in the days of a firm handshake to seal the deal and your word is what mattered. God bless my Grandparents.

Direct TV has not scored well so far; but who cares there is only them and Dish to choose from in my area; or NO TV at all. 2d6ba9e

Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 16, 2012
4% increase feb 8 2012. Drop them. We are paying for their south American expansion!
Reply to Stocks22

Mar 17, 2011
I cancelled my order before installation: they kept giving me different prices, until I felt I could not believe anything they told me. They refused to provide the service/price in writing, and were very evasive. No one else expects me to sign a two-year cntract without spelling out the service and price being contracted for.
Reply to eskimo

Mar 14, 2011
Agreed, they suck but so do the other telecommunication companies in my area. Comcast was no better.
Reply to Yep

Read next Direct TV complaint

screwed me over on rebate

I was not told when I called to make installation appointment that I had to sign up in advance for t...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Direct TV.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug