• show-popup

Product / Service Service Agreement
Location Livingston, New Jersey
Category Television/ Radio
Views 190

I am VERY unhappy with the change in music channels on DirectTV from XM/Sirius to Sonic. The channels may still play the same genre of music but the selections suck.

The Bridge and Watercolors were two of the best stations I'd ever heard and the replacements don't even come close. When I heard Whitney Houston on a station where I usually heard the likes of Jackson Browne, Dan Fogelberg, Crosby Stills & Nash, etc. I nearly gagged. When we pay as much as we do for satellite service we deserve what we pay for. If you have DirectTV please let them know if you're unhappy too.
SF
Stamford, NY
3068d70

Comments (33) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 33 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 30, 2011
How do you find the last song played on sonic. Channel 854 blues. I looked on the web site but they dont show the last song played only music that they want sell you. I was looking for Sunday Jan 30 10:00 am to 11:00 am Thanks in advance if anyone can help
Reply to idbountyhunter

Jan 09, 2011
DTV belongs canned. WTF were they thinking dropping XM/Sirius. This Sonic *** is just disgusting, plain awful. What a downgrade in service. This qualifies for immediate dismissal of the people in charge who decided to drop XM/Sirius.
Reply to .

Dec 08, 2010
sonic is a cheap second rate outfit that treats people like a blank faced number. I have tried to contact them and get some answers as to why they won't play some of the tunes I would like to here on the blues channell instead of some of the consistent repetitive tunes they insist on playing over & over. NO REPLEY treated like just one of the people who go into the not happy category and just another number.
Reply to Michael

Aug 10, 2010  from Erode, Tamil Nadu
There is a huge opera listening group.It is on Chanel 78 on Sirius radio .Now because of shift to Sonictap ,it is unavailable for TV listening.Bad for Met,Sirius and Direct TV
Reply to gene

Jul 31, 2010
I also have XM/Sirius in my car and can't believe that it is not on Direct TV anymore. XM is way more hipper. Come on Direct TV....love your company....except for the music since February.
Reply to Candie

Jun 09, 2010
contrary to all the complaints... i like the change from xm to sonic tap on directv. i prefer 70's music and thought it was great when xm first came on. the main reason was that it initially was music only... not dj's at all. thats what i liked about it. then they brought dj's on the air so xm sounded just like any other radio station except for local weather and traffic reports. now sonic tap is on and they don't (so far) have dj's on the 70's channel. thats what i listen to music for ... music! way to go sonic tap!
Reply to marty

May 10, 2010
Why would you puton the tvto listen to the radio?? get real ppl it is just background noise
Reply to what the dilly yo!!

Apr 20, 2010
Yes honestly I have sirius and I listen to it all day at work and Sonic sucks big time I hate it. I tried to listen to it while working in the yard last weekend and it was horrible. Horrible music selections
Reply to Brian

Mar 28, 2010
Sonic's playlist sucks. They seems to play a lot of unknown artists and second rate ***, must be to reduce their royalty costs. If I wanted muzak I would go sit in an elevator.
Reply to DP

Mar 18, 2010
What the *** was directv thinking taking xm/sirius radio off? That was the best music... 814 was mainly todays country hits with a few older songs thrown in..but this sucks!
Reply to Northwest_chick

Mar 15, 2010
I love XM, Sonic is nothing like it. BLAH.
Reply to Al

Mar 15, 2010
I totally agree!! I don't like Sonic music. :(
Reply to Marlene

Mar 13, 2010
:( Looking into Dish Network....thanks for forcing my hand Direct TV!
Reply to Chris

Mar 09, 2010
It's like sonic music is a cheep imitation to xm radio. Very unhappy with change. When they went to xm/sirus it was the best. Been with direct tv since 95.
Reply to Jerry

Aug 10, 2013  from Leonardo, New Jersey
This is in reply to everyone.... I like Sonic. I hear music on Sonic that I have never heard on XM/Sirius. I'm not saying one is really better than the other. XM does seem to be a bit more repetitious. I guess, to each his own.
Reply to Me

Mar 05, 2010
So angry that they changed to Sonic. They don't play nearly the same GREAT songs as I listened to before. I have Sirius installed in my car and I'd rather drive around and listen instead of coming home and to have Sonic ***.
Reply to Pissy Kiss

Mar 04, 2010
I hate it too guys! I have sirrus/xm in my car, so now I have to bring all my equipment into the house if I want to listen. Directv needs to kill the whole sonic thing and return to real music.
Reply to willthethrill

Mar 02, 2010
I called and complained. :cry I miss BPM and Area Sonic Sucks!
Reply to Shawn

Feb 28, 2010
sonic makes me ill!!!!thanks for protecting me from bad words. i am 52 and would not want to hear cursing while listening to my music. i had much rather hear dead spots instead.
Reply to c wayne

Read next Direct TV complaint

i think they are crooks

i had direct over two years.about one and a half years i added a box.they said i started a new contr...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Direct TV.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug