• show-popup

Shares 0

Delta Airlines - Delta Cargo don't know what they are doing!!

• by   Oct 11, 2013
Views 39
Monetary Loss

Delta Cargo mess.

Sept 23 2013
I call Delta Cargo to ship 30 Adult Normal Female Ball Pythons to Chicago.
They told me I had to be a verified shipper and told me how to apply so I did on line.

October 7 2013
Still no response from Delt so I call the Delta Cargo #800 352 2746 Talked to a lady named

Elliot who informed me that I did not have to be a verified shipper to ship Live harmless

reptiles with Delta Cargo so I asked about packaging, Cardboard, plastic I told her I shiped in

heavy duty plastic containers VIA Alaska Airlines before would that work "YES" she then told me

was it had to be this size 40"X27"X30" or 36"X24"X26". Ok so I set Booked a flight and all is

peachy.

Booking Remarks:
PELLIOTT/ATLFJDL 07OCT2013

Issuing Agent / Forward
Account: N/A

Total Pieces 1 Dimensions Provided: (D40*27*30IN*1)
Actual Weight 100.0 LB
Prepaid NO
Product LIVE ANIMALS
Special Handling Codes AVI AVC

October 8 2013
I call the (Delta Cargo, Vegas #: 702 261 5502 Address: 6055 Surrey St #117, Las Vegas, NV 89119)
Just to confirm that I could use the heavy plastic container to ship in and that it was all good before I drive 6 hours round trip to drop them of "Scott" Said that would work I so happy to finally get these girls shipped out.
October 9 2013
I take the day of work to get ready for shipment I went to Lowes and bought their heaviest storage tub and some lumber and pegboard and headed home to put the shipping container together as I was told by two people now that it would work. Took an hour to get a two level shipping container built so that the girls would not get smashed. 7:30 PM I started bagging snakes 8:15 I was loaded up and hit the road. 2 1/2 hours later I show up at Delta Cargo drag the container inside weigh it and fill out the paper work and then this manager comes over and is afraid to even touch the container to see how heavy maid it is makes me open to inspect I spend an hour waiting on them to call around to see if its ok to ship in a heavy duty plastic container nobody knows so the manager decides not to accept the package.
October 9 2013 1:45 AM
I get home unbox all the animals and put them away.
So form 4pm on the 8th to 1:45 on the 9th spent getting a shipment ready because of Elliot and Scott said it would work.
Cost of this Delta Booking
$205.50 Mileage
$320 2 days off work because of taking so long to get done.
$3000 Refund to customer
$250 Re-advertise animals in hope of selling them quickly since I don't have the proper place to house them now.
$46 materials for shipping container.
Total cost of 2 phone calls to Delta Cargo $3821.50!!
Thank you Delta Cargo.
Phil Hoerner
30b3ca6

Comments (1) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Oct 13, 2013  from Hurricane, Utah
This is how BBB responded
Complaint ID#: 27326661
Business Name: Delta Air Lines

Thank you for contacting your BBB regarding your complaint.

The complaint was received by your BBB on October 10, 2013 and has been assigned case# 27326661 in our files.

We regret to inform you that your BBB cannot process your complaint. The case has been reviewed by one of our Complaint Specialists and was found to contain issues that are out of your BBB?s purview.

It is our policy to process only those complaints that fall into your BBB's scope. Items such as landlord/tenant issues, criminal allegations, requests for punitive damages, employer/employee disputes, cases already involved in litigation, civil right violations, business to business collection issues, etc. are not handled by your BBB.

Also be advised, The BBB does not handle third party complaints. Only the person(s) involved in the actual transaction or their legal guardian are elligible to file a complaint. If this is the case please have the responsible individual complete a separate complaint form.

Thank-you for contacting your BBB.

Sincerely,

Sheila Anderson
Dispute Resolution Counselor
Reply to phoerner

Read next Delta Airlines complaint

Delta keeps changing my purchase tickets.

I purchased tickets for our family of 4 to SF (from Midwest) this coming December 2013 back in June...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Delta Airlines.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug